The Andrei Arshavin thread

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well he gets the legendary Eamon Dunphy seal of approval.

"He's a proper player and it's a pleasure to praise him, unlike over hyped non entity's that are shoved down our throats every week." (CRonaldo)

;D

Andy Townsend thinks Man U should sign him to replace Ronaldo

It really boils my piss when the media try to suggest transfers for the big four teams. The media would be gutted if we got Arshavin when he 'should' go to one of 'their' teams.

Reminds me of that "Arsenal won't pay £15M for Martins" story. Is that right? Well they can fuck off then because he isn't for sale anyway.

Arshavin may still be ours.

He's the signing that will make the footballing world sit up and take notice of us. As Ashley was quoted in saying a while back that he would sign a superstar. Well we have our superstar now.

Get real.

Bit lazy I thought. Starred in the last ten minutes because he had been resting in long periods of the game when the other 21 players were bursting a gut.

WUM or utterly clueless?

WUM.

Bit lazy I thought. Starred in the last ten minutes because he had been resting in long periods of the game when the other 21 players were bursting a gut.

WUM or utterly clueless?

He is lazy, and he did use it to his advantage. Work rate is the only bad thing I saw though.

Just consoling myself for future tears when Abramovich brings him to Chelsea.

Guest WalkervilleMag

Put in a bid for both Pavluchenko and Arshavin.  Might be a slim chance we can get him if we go for both, but there is nee chance he would come on his own. 

While I certainly don't subscribe to the MatheiS school of thought, if he knocked us back in January he's certainly not going to want to come here now.

Rejected us because he wanted to stay in Russia until after Euro 2008.

Arshavin may still be ours.

He's the signing that will make the footballing world sit up and take notice of us. As Ashley was quoted in saying a while back that he would sign a superstar. Well we have our superstar now.

There is a chance, he hasn't agreed a move to anywhere so we've really got to push the boat out and bring him in.

I think the fee won't rise too much, i don't see him going for more than £13m max, i reckon the £11m bids would still be accepted as long as its cash up front, its the personal terms, and with him on a reported £50kpw, then were going to have to double that, then we've got to ask ourselves is he worth doing a U-turn on our wages policy? Could we give him that and expect Owen to take a cut?

Brings up all sorts of issues, but it would be nice to see the club deal with those issues, ie, put a fuking bid in you stupid indecisive fools.

Put in a bid for both Pavluchenko and Arshavin.  Might be a slim chance we can get him if we go for both, but there is nee chance he would come on his own. 

Another rusky might do the trick, there certainly is plenty of attacking quality i wouldn't mind seeing here as well as their GK.

But where there's a Russian there's an Abramovic with tons of money quite happy to bring in a fellow Rusky to his beloved club.

While I don't subscribe to the MaetihS school of thought, if he knocked us back in January he's certainly not going to want to come here now.

Where has it been said that he rejected us?

Guest JamesD

Rather like the look of the russian forward, Polvychecnko or whatever. Think he'd be a great upgrade/replacement for Viduka.