Arda Turan?

Guest hindu times

Guest MaetihS

Very upsetting that some fans can dish out personal attacks in response to views. Lets see then...only time will tell. A fan i am but i am not as deluded as some out there who thinks that we are a big club that the likes of Modric, Gomis will jump to join us. I am not saying being deluded is wrong but saying that no matter how deluded a fan is on his club, one shall not engage in personal attacks just because views differ. Show some class which i am sure most of NUFC fans can do...just pointing out to the miniority few out there. Cheers  ;D

Dude I hate to break it to you but you are extremely deluded but in a different way.

You are basically reverse deluded. Your rating of Newcastle is so low your just as deluded as those you claim rate Newcastle too highly.

Basically your just as nuts as you think they are.

hahhaha could be. Thats what i get from my mates back home when i go back :) so? just a view.

Not really read this thread in detail but I love how our standing in French football is now of importance. What next, the Scottish league? It's f***ing s*** man.

Why not??? if we think within our realm, we will never improve. Football is about the world and not about our city alone, wonder why the likes of Pool, Man U and even Spurs and believe it or not Leeds are more popular than us. It upsets me when i go to places like China and Singapore and they are not very familiar with the Newcastle name. They only know it as Shearer's club who is basically not very good. Anyway, its a chain reaction, if we are really no good and stay as over-rans, our standing be it Scotland or France will dwindle and that is negative as far as i am concerned. In a way, its a measurement of our success and progress as a football team.

weird as wherever i've been in europe newcastle is at least as popular as spurs,more than everton and leeds don't even get on the radar.

you are on the wind up.

I am talking about Asia. As for France, our name is dwindling.....yes Spurs and Newcastle are just as well known perhaps but most will think Spurs as a better club with bigger potential. Like in France, people start to think St Entienne as a club who is going in the right direction while PSG a bigger name, but going southwards. Most rising stars in France will want to go play for growing clubs and not one like us which is going south in their views unless paid loads.

no argument there but after allardyce and hopefully with backing we will be seen as a club going in the right direction.

i still say you are on the wind up.

Guest MaetihS

Not really read this thread in detail but I love how our standing in French football is now of importance. What next, the Scottish league? It's f***ing s*** man.

Why not??? if we think within our realm, we will never improve. Football is about the world and not about our city alone, wonder why the likes of Pool, Man U and even Spurs and believe it or not Leeds are more popular than us. It upsets me when i go to places like China and Singapore and they are not very familiar with the Newcastle name. They only know it as Shearer's club who is basically not very good. Anyway, its a chain reaction, if we are really no good and stay as over-rans, our standing be it Scotland or France will dwindle and that is negative as far as i am concerned. In a way, its a measurement of our success and progress as a football team.

weird as wherever i've been in europe newcastle is at least as popular as spurs,more than everton and leeds don't even get on the radar.

you are on the wind up.

I am talking about Asia. As for France, our name is dwindling.....yes Spurs and Newcastle are just as well known perhaps but most will think Spurs as a better club with bigger potential. Like in France, people start to think St Entienne as a club who is going in the right direction while PSG a bigger name, but going southwards. Most rising stars in France will want to go play for growing clubs and not one like us which is going south in their views unless paid loads.

no argument there but after allardyce and hopefully with backing we will be seen as a club going in the right direction.

Good we agreed to disagree. If u think i am on the wind up, fine, i respect your view. My view still stays...these so-called rising stars will not come to us unless paid loads. I will apologize to all with glee and happiness and admit my supposed negative view if we manage to sign one of them. otherwise, my view stays.

Guest Heneage

One key point I think some are missing out on is that we have Emre. The guy has cult status in Turkey or in Gala at least where Turan is based. Emre could be used to our advantage in a swap deal as he's in demand or as a pulling factor in that Turan has a possible idol and fellow countryman at the club. So because of this we certainly have the upper hand in this particular deal over the likes of Everton and Blackburn.

I think if anything we  should use Emre to get him here, like a friend, he does hang out with Tuncay so if he can say "Come here fans are good big club good money, plus me and Sanli are here" plus theres a quality Turkish place near the monument :lol:

No one even knows if we've made a freaking offer yet and there's been all this random discussion about god-knows-what.

Chill the fuck out. Let's just wait until the end of the window to fully judge what we've done. Criticising or praising anyone now is hasty to say the least.

you are on the wind up.

Good we agreed to disagree. If u think i am on the wind up, fine, i respect your view. My view still stays...these so-called rising stars will not come to us unless paid loads. I will apologize to all with glee and happiness and admit my supposed negative view if we manage to sign one of them. otherwise, my view stays.

How do you reckon we got the likes of Martins, Emre and Beye who were all rated in their country if going to Everton or Spurs is so much better? It's been done before and it will be done again. Looks like we might miss out on Turan, if it's true that Everton has a bid in, but then it wouldn't be because the player himself rather went there.

Oh, and you do know that you're not the only one who is not based in England who posts here right? I'll tell you that in Sweden (this may or may not be completely insignificant), Newcastle are rated way higher than Everton, Blackburn, Portsmouth, Villa and City (before Sven took over). We're probably only beaten by Spurs when it comes to the top-supported team outside of the big 4 here, and I see no reason why it wouldn't be the same in Turkey.

Give over man. I travel to Spain all year round and every time I go people recognise my toon top. When I was a teacher in Bejing people knew who Newcastle were there.

And I don't get the Shearer thing, are you saying he's not very good or that the eastern hemasphere or the world think that?

No one even knows if we've made a freaking offer yet and there's been all this random discussion about god-knows-what.

Chill the fuck out. Let's just wait until the end of the window to fully judge what we've done. Criticising or praising anyone now is hasty to say the least.

the end of the window is the time to judge the overall success of our transfer policy, but ideally, if we have targets competing at the euros we should tryand tie them up before it starts. elsewhere, we should try and get players tied down before we start our pre-season training rather than bring them in at the end of august when the season has already begun.

the end of the window is the time to judge the overall success of our transfer policy, but ideally, if we have targets competing at the euros we should tryand tie them up before it starts. elsewhere, we should try and get players tied down before we start our pre-season training rather than bring them in at the end of august when the season has already begun.

Common sense stuff here, however, I'll take it a little further and say that even though this is probably ideal, it's still by no means a travesty if we don't make some signings until the last minute. Faye and Beye have been the two best acquisitions from the summer and both of them arrived right at the last minute.

People just need to keep occupied with other things, waiting for every slither of NUFC transfer news isn't healthy, it's fucking infuriating.

Hopefully the club are working hard behind the scenes and trying to keep stuff out of the papers. I fucking despise all this agent/chairman/player/agent again shit you get nowadays, back and forwards across the press for weeks before a) fuck all happens or b) he signs for Spurs.

What I wouldn't give for another Jose Enrique, that night was mint.

Hopefully the club are working hard behind the scenes and trying to keep stuff out of the papers. I fucking despise all this agent/chairman/player/agent again shit you get nowadays, back and forwards across the press for weeks before a) fuck all happens or b) he signs for Spurs.

What I wouldn't give for another Jose Enrique, that night was mint.

Agree. I hope that's how we go about all of our targets. Fuck the media, they know fuck all anyway. Nothing beats the excitement of hearing that we've signed a player that the media didn't have a clue that we were even interested in.

Common sense stuff here, however, I'll take it a little further and say that even though this is probably ideal, it's still by no means a travesty if we don't make some signings until the last minute. Faye and Beye have been the two best acquisitions from the summer and both of them arrived right at the last minute.

People just need to keep occupied with other things, waiting for every slither of NUFC transfer news isn't healthy, it's fucking infuriating.

personally i can't help obsessing about it, i wake up every morning hoping something has developed over night. not healthy i know.

transfers are long term rather than short so even if we make a transfer at 1 minute before the deadline shuts, it is still fine. but it helps get everyone on the same page if theyve been training together or having friendlies with each other before the season starts.

regarding faye and beye, Beye didnt start a game til the end of september iirc as he joined late in the summer. this can be an issue for foreign players as often their season starts later so they either have to miss a chunk of fixtures early on to get their fitness up, or leap straight into the deep end which could harm their fitness over the whole campaign. martins for instance got injured on his debut which did us no favours, though over the longer-term he's been fine. it just gives us that bit extra at the start of the season and looking back, the beginning of the campaign was always a crucial part of the season for Keegan's sides. with Faye it is a bit different as he was already at an English club, so he'd already started his pre-season regime and already settled in the country so could slot right in without hassle. so really this mainly applies to overseas players.

getting players signed before the euros can prevent their value rising and/or other sides being alerted to their talent. and often players or managers don't want to discuss transfers while tournaments are ongoing so it is more difficult to negotiate while important matches are being played. even getting called up might affect a player's value, Gomis being included in the provisional squad for france has heightened his profile and made him slightly less attainable if you believe some of the rumours coming out.

personally i can't help obsessing about it, i wake up every morning hoping something has developed over night. not healthy i know.

transfers are long term rather than short so even if we make a transfer at 1 minute before the deadline shuts, it is still fine. but it helps get everyone on the same page if theyve been training together or having friendlies with each other before the season starts.

regarding faye and beye, Beye didnt start a game til the end of september iirc as he joined late in the summer. this can be an issue for foreign players as often their season starts later so they either have to miss a chunk of fixtures early on to get their fitness up, or leap straight into the deep end which could harm their fitness over the whole campaign. martins for instance got injured on his debut which did us no favours, though over the longer-term he's been fine. it just gives us that bit extra at the start of the season and looking back, the beginning of the campaign was always a crucial part of the season for Keegan's sides. with Faye it is a bit different as he was already at an English club, so he'd already started his pre-season regime and already settled in the country so could slot right in without hassle. so really this mainly applies to overseas players.

getting players signed before the euros can prevent their value rising and/or other sides being alerted to their talent. and often players or managers don't want to discuss transfers while tournaments are ongoing so it is more difficult to negotiate while important matches are being played. even getting called up might affect a player's value, Gomis being included in the provisional squad for france has heightened his profile and made him slightly less attainable if you believe some of the rumours coming out.

I understand all of that, good points as well, was merely stating that even while what you initially suggested is obviously "ideal", people shouldn't get too het-up if it doesn't work out that way - especially if we still get our original targets in (as we did last summer.)

It's never as simple as "ideal", unfortunately.

Am I right in thinking that for Enrique, Beye, Faye and Modric we heard about it from the selling club first?

may well be. not a lot gets out from SJP these days, unlike down at WHL where the chairman's secretary is blabbing to all and sundry (if you believe a certain poster).

Guest fuchs34

Hello first of all. I'm a Galatasaray Fan from Germany. Maybe I can give you some good information about Turan. Arda is a superstar in Turkey. For me he is the best turkish player. To be honest, I can not watch Galatasaray games if Arda is not playing. Every time when he touches the ball you get excited. Because if he has the ball, be sure that he will do something special. This guy is pure class, talent, magic. The most important>> he is unstopable. You can not stop him. He is so smart, that he always finds a way to make an effect on the game. If you trie to stop him on the right, he moves to the left or he analyses the weak point of the opponent and tries to use them. W

In 46 games he just  scored 8 goals but he had 21 Assist.

Important fact for you guys: Emre is an idol for Arda. They have a relation like brothers.

sorry for my bad english but I tried to give you some Information. If Newcastle signs him I believe he will be the top signing this year in premier league. But you have to pay good money  :coolsmiley:

Hello first of all. I'm a Galatasaray Fan from Germany. Maybe I can give you some good information about Turan. Arda is a superstar in Turkey. For me he is the best turkish player. To be honest, I can not watch Galatasaray games if Arda is not playing. Every time when he touches the ball you get excited. Because if he has the ball, be sure that he will do something special. This guy is pure class, talent, magic. The most important>> he is unstopable. You can not stop him. He is so smart, that he always finds a way to make an effect on the game. If you trie to stop him on the right, he moves to the left or he analyses the weak point of the opponent and tries to use them. W

Important fact for you guys: Emre is an idol for Arda. They have a relation like brothers.

sorry for my bad english but I tried to give you some Information. If Newcastle signs him I believe he will be the top signing this year in premier league. But you have to pay good money  :coolsmiley:

Cheers mate. :thup:

Bad English ? Better than most on here. Thanks for the info. I know you are in Germany but have you looked at any Turkish press/websites and have we been mantioned in relation to Turan or is it British newspaper talk ?

Guest fuchs34

madras@ thanks a lot. According to turkish press Newcastle has good chances to sign Arda.  The manager of Arda tries to complete the deal. The president of Galatasaray said that everything is up to Arda, if he wants to leave or not. But money is important of course. We made a big mistake with Ribery and lost him without having any profit so our Club will trie to get as much as they can. The more clubs are involved, the more you will have to pay.  I guess it will be over 20 Million Euros for sure.

Guest fuchs34

Didn't the president say he would accept 16m euros?

He would accept but if the spurs offer 20 million euros, he can not sell him for 16 any more.  O0