Arda Turan?

Guest hindu times

i dont know like, 60 games / 20 goals for galatasaray, thats a canny return for an attacking midfielder / left winger as wikipedia has him down as.

Whoooosh! ;)

Seems likely judging by his age and pedigree. Appears to fit the profile of the type of players we prefer to go after nowadays.

Maybe we can convince them by sending Emre back the other way along with some dosh.

Guest Mucky01

I’m not usually impressed by YouTube compilations but this lad looks well good on it – ‘tis YouTube though. His goal tally is not that relevant as he plays in midfield, and whats impressive in the clips is not only the showmanship and tricks but how he holds off the opposition with his strength and how he gets back in defence and tackles well. Seems to be a good team player that would suit the EPL.

Not sure about that ‘zidane headbutt’ mind!!!!

doubt he would come here, maybe Emre is his idol? (about time he did something for us!)

Seems likely judging by his age and pedigree. Appears to fit the profile of the type of players we prefer to go after nowadays.

Maybe we can convince them by sending Emre back the other way along with some dosh.

Think that might be the best way to go in order to get him signed.

Didn't they show an interest in Emre during the January window?

Think that might be the best way to go in order to get him signed.

Didn't they show an interest in Emre during the January window?

Not sure if they showedinterest in January but I believe Gala was Emre's first club in Turkey and he would be welcomed back with open arms I imagine.

On the other hand though, having Emre here would probably make it easier to convince the player to come so a bit of a dilemma.

Guest birdhunter

As I am a Gala fan I watch him every week. Still convinced that he has not the full pace you expect from a winger but he has so much other qualities that this is not that important.. In Turkey the opponents sometimes try to lock him on the wings with 3 players but then the guy is a floater so he easily goes into midfield to the right to the left so he always manages to get in position.. he has an excellent character and consistency but more important he is a true team-player. Tbh I don't think he will leave Gala for the next 3 or 4 years.. unless there is a load of money involved cos Gala is in need of moneyyy..

Btw he is definetly no C.Ronaldo maybe a slower Messi :cheesy:

As I am a Gala fan I watch him every week. Still convinced that he has not the full pace you expect from a winger but he has so much other qualities that this is not that important.. In Turkey the opponents sometimes try to lock him on the wings with 3 players but then the guy is a floater so he easily goes into midfield to the right to the left so he always manages to get in position.. he has an excellent character and consistency but more important he is a true team-player. Tbh I don't think he will leave Gala for the next 3 or 4 years.. unless there is a load of money involved cos Gala is in need of moneyyy..

Btw he is definetly no C.Ronaldo maybe a slower Messi :cheesy:

If he isn't a speedy out and out winger he'll probably suit our diamond midfield better. In place of Geremi maybe.

Looking at the Youtube clip he doesn't look like a winger, more of a playmaker and he's right-footed, so not my idea of a left winger either. KaKa is right, he could play in the Geremi role maybe.

Guest emre5

Yeah I've been following ARDA a lot, I'm surprised that for his size how well he can hold off a challenge or too.  Has a weak shot, not that pacey(compared to c.ronaldo anyway) He would be good on the wing, adds extra threat , he likes to cut inside too, he pretty much can play any attacking midfield role.  I'm looking forward to seeing him play in euro08.

1 in 3 for Galatasary, and no goals for the national team.

Not good enough.

He is highly rated by the Gala supporters, and fener fans hate him so could be good sign.

he scores and creates alot of goals and as ive heard he has been the mechanic behind galatasarays league victory.

I think he was being sarcastic..

1 in 3 for Galatasary, and no goals for the national team.

Not good enough.

He is highly rated by the Gala supporters, and fener fans hate him so could be good sign.

he scores and creates alot of goals and as ive heard he has been the mechanic behind galatasarays league victory.

I think he was being sarcastic..

I didnt....

Clearly.

Not sure where this will leave N'Zogbia unless Keegan thinks he can accommodate both.

Might fit into Martins' floating position, with Martins moving forward into Viduka's.

Yikes!

That wouldn't work in a million.

Not sure where this will leave N'Zogbia unless Keegan thinks he can accommodate both.

N'Zogbia is left-footed and fast. This guy is clearly right-footed doesn't look quite quick enough to play wide for me. He might be interesting playing in Owen's current role, or where Barton/Geremi are playing in a midfield trio.

Guest Leftfoot

Has a weak shot

I've been watching many of his matches and while he rarely shoots from outside the penalty area I don't think he has a weak shot.

Search for Arda Romania on youtube "Arda Turan dribble and shot" should be the first video. I think it is pretty impressive :)

Guest MaetihS

Dun think we are  a big enough club for him. Good player but likely to out of our reach atm.