Arda Turan?

Guest hindu times

Guest AceDeuce

Was €13m an absurb valuation? Overpriced, possibly. Absurb though?

Yeah like I said, I havent followed that closely. Who confirmed their valuation?

his contract said 20 mio $ on exit.

but they renewed, only speculations going on if there still is such a clause.

Yeah like I said, I havent followed that closely. Who confirmed their valuation?

Their president said that was his price.

Ok cheers

Guest optimistic nit

Agree with Kimbo, we put in a £16 million bid for Modric, so why not offer something similar for Turan before the competition, with Galatasarays money problems they wouldn't be able to risk turning down that kind of offer.

We need 5 or 6 players, so why waste half the likely transfer budget on him?

Why "waste" it on Modric? The board obviously think we have enough of a budget to spend big on a player. A player of that quality can make a massive difference to a team. Imagine Spurs without Berbatov, Everton without Arteta, Villa without Young.

Exactly, and he is a young player who's more likely to give us value for money which is apparently what we are after.

I'm going to have to see more than he showed today to be convinced he's worth that kind of money.  I don't think we are spending 30+ mil this summer either.  I don't think many clubs will, especially the ones with our wage bill.

with the money in the game and the number of clubs trying to get bigger, i think we will see another high spending summer tbh.

i think our budget depends less on how much we have and more on what we can get for the money.

we won't chuck 10million at a player not worth it if it comes august the first and we've still signed noone in that position, but i could easily see us spending 30,40 or 50 million if the players become available for the right price.

I don't think spending of turan would hamper our budget for other areas, and he looked like one of turkey's better players today. lets see how he does against the checks, assuming he starts, which he probably will.

i'd be comfortable spending 12million or more on him if our board thinks he's value for money, and we still have enough to get a defensive mid (or if we are intent on keeping butt for 1 more season, a creative mid or right winger), centreback and striker

He looked alright did nothing much, looked tidy...Then scores of a deflected hit and hope. So should be a superstar on here by the morning.

Had a decent game, looked lively and scored the winner at the death. Like it being deflected makes any difference.

Well it did take it over the keepers head. But then again he had the presence to cut in and hit it I agree. Only one game I know, but hard to tell if he'll have the impact on our side/PL that we're looking for. What I like about him was the way he found space and had his wits about him, but would need plenty of bedding in to the physical and high tempo nature of the PL as will Modric.

Where Modric is probably worth 16 odd million I don't think Arda is the player we want to blow 13m on as is the current asking price according to various sections of the press. Our reported offer of 8m is nearer the mark.

A player I'd get if we already had 2/3 others in the bag first.

Did really enjoy Deridyok's performance.

They wanted £10.3 million (which probably was over there normal valuation due to the Euro's coming up) and apparently we offered £9 million.

Guest optimistic nit

Was 13m an absurb valuation? Overpriced, possibly. Absurb though?

i'd take that in a flash now like.

in addition to what i said above, signing a creative mid, such as turan, should be our number 1 priority, whether this is turan or not, and if turan is good enough to be a top creative mid in the PL then that price would be well worth it.

He looked alright did nothing much, looked tidy...Then scores of a deflected hit and hope. So should be a superstar on here by the morning.

Had a decent game, looked lively and scored the winner at the death. Like it being deflected makes any difference.

TBH, I think Parky's been waiting for this opportunity to post that comment. If Turan had been crap he would have just said that everyone was writing him off based on one game.

TBH, I think Parky's been waiting for this opportunity to post that comment. If Turan had been crap he would have just said that everyone was writing him off based on one game.

:lol:

So based on this performance and everything that you've heard about the lad, what the general concensus on a fair price ?

His price will either go up £5m or down £5m after the next game, so that's a pointless question. Plus now he's played in the Euro's all the other clubs will have seen him, where they wouldn't have heard of him before.

Now, we won't be able to sign him.

Why? Can we only sign s*** players? Because if so, why are we selling Emre and Milner?

Other clubs will come in for him and he won't want to join us.

So based on this performance and everything that you've heard about the lad, what the general concensus on a fair price ?

His price will either go up £5m or down £5m after the next game, so that's a pointless question. Plus now he's played in the Euro's all the other clubs will have seen him, where they wouldn't have heard of him before.

I find it hard to believe that there's many decent teams if any that haven't heard of Turan before this tournament...

Of course it will, doesn't mean it's a pointless question though. What's wrong with a bit of speculation ?

Ddin't know mind reading was one of your skills. I take it you saw the game?

Guest optimistic nit

Well it did take it over the keepers head. But then again he had the presence to cut in and hit it I agree. Only one game I know, but hard to tell if he'll have the impact on our side/PL that we're looking for. What I like about him was the way he found space and had his wits about him, but would need plenty of bedding in to the physical and high tempo nature of the PL as will Modric.

Where Modric is probably worth 16 odd million I don't think Arda is the player we want to blow 13m on as is the current asking price according to various sections of the press. Our reported offer of 8m is nearer the mark.

i'm not sure if he will need too much bedding in, he seemed to be ready for a battle from what i saw, and unlike say robert (who i am a huge fan of btw) he is a left winger (or attacking midfielder) who will tackle back, and try and win the ball, and tries harder than robert.

whether he is worth 13 million, maybe, maybe not, but players valuations are up in the sky atm, and i would be very happy with us spending that sum on a player that can vastly improve the team, than missing out and spending 6-8 on another average player (like the signing of smith), because even average players being bought by PL clubs usually go for around that nowadays.

whether he can vastly improve our team, i don't think we'll be able to say based on this tournement, but he seemed to have fairly good defensive attributes, and he attacks defenders, and we need a player who can do that. i also thought he showed great composure to finish that, even with a deflection, in the 92nd minute. i thought he took his chance very well.

Of course it will, doesn't mean it's a pointless question though. What's wrong with a bit of speculation ?

£8/9m

Edit, missed the /  :blush:

Guest LucaAltieri

Ddin't know mind reading was one of your skills.

Not wrong though, is he?

i'm not sure if he will need too much bedding in, he seemed to be ready for a battle from what i saw, and unlike say robert (who i am a huge fan of btw) he is a left winger (or attacking midfielder) who will tackle back, and try and win the ball, and tries harder than robert.

whether he is worth 13 million, maybe, maybe not, but players valuations are up in the sky atm, and i would be very happy with us spending that sum on a player that can vastly improve the team, than missing out and spending 6-8 on another average player (like the signing of smith), because even average players being bought by PL clubs usually go for around that nowadays.

whether he can vastly improve our team, i don't think we'll be able to say based on this tournement, but he seemed to have fairly good defensive attributes, and he attacks defenders, and we need a player who can do that. i also thought he showed great composure to finish that, even with a deflection, in the 92nd minute. i thought he took his chance very well.

No dount he is a good prospect. If we could nick him for around 8m fine. Seemed to enjoy coming in from the left whereas our primary target ought to be a pacy right winger imo. Hopefully he'll get another game on a dry pitch. Good prospect.

Ddin't know mind reading was one of your skills. I take it you saw the game?

My wife would arguing against that, most of the time I haven't a clue what I was supposed to say or do.

No I didn't see the game, hence the lack of any remarks by me on how good or how crap he was.