Arda Turan?

Guest hindu times

Guest shaun11177

Hopefully every other club will think he had a crap game too.

All we need now is for Gomis to score.

Guest Heneage

It is weird to think his team were ignoring him so much, considering the fact he scored the winnger. Yes it was no wonder goal, but he looks good, go fori t.

Guest optimistic nit

i think we still have a fair chance tbh. if we really push for him, i think we'll get him.

if he wants to come to the PL, realistically i can't see manure, arsenal or chelsea going for him. liverpool are skint, i think we can actually beat liverpool to him on a pure financial basis, and they want milner anyway. otherwise we can compete with everton, pompey and west ham for players, blackburn can't afford him, spurs have modric and citeh are preoccupied with rohnaldinho.

i think if he goes to the PL, which he may well do, he will go to either us, pompey, everton or citeh, and we can compete with those 3 clubs.

We've taken a gamble and it might well not pay off now. Nuts.

Eh? :lol:

What gamble? They just didnt want to sell him before the euros as they knew that what ever happened they'd get more after it.

Or are you whoooosing  :blush:

Agree with Kimbo, we put in a £16 million bid for Modric, so why not offer something similar for Turan before the competition, with Galatasarays money problems they wouldn't be able to risk turning down that kind of offer.

Agree with Kimbo, we put in a £16 million bid for Modric, so why not offer something similar for Turan before the competition, with Galatasarays money problems they wouldn't be able to risk turning down that kind of offer.

We need 5 or 6 players, so why waste half the likely transfer budget on him?

You don't know that's half the budget, I'm sure that Keegan would not bid £16m for Modric if that was half the budget blown.

What gamble? They just didnt want to sell him before the euros as they knew that what ever happened they'd get more after it.

They said he could go for a price we weren't prepared to pay at the time. They wanted to wait until after the Euros to see if they could get that price, which they probably will now - probably more and very possibly not off us, whether we're prepared to raise it or not.

Where on earth does this idea come from that a player can be shit, break both his legs and still be worth more then he was earlier simply because he's played in the Euro's?..

Why "waste" it on Modric? The board obviously think we have enough of a budget to spend big on a player. A player of that quality can make a massive difference to a team. Imagine Spurs without Berbatov, Everton without Arteta, Villa without Young.

He looked alright did nothing much, looked tidy...Then scores of a deflected hit and hope. So should be a superstar on here by the morning.

Had a decent game, looked lively and scored the winner at the death. Like it being deflected makes any difference.

Well why waste is on Modric?  I know Spuds fans would disagree but Modric isn't 5-6 players on his own :lol:  Newcastle seem to think we can afford to spend that kind of money on one player, so my question is if Modric was worth it then why not Turan?

Where on earth does this idea come from that a player can be shit, break both his legs and still be worth more then he was earlier simply because he's played in the Euro's?..

Aye, cos that happens all the time. :lol:

Even if a player is completely shit in an international tournament, his club can and will say 'he now has more international caps - give us more money'.

Why "waste" it on Modric? The board obviously think we have enough of a budget to spend big on a player. A player of that quality can make a massive difference to a team. Imagine Spurs without Berbatov, Everton without Arteta, Villa without Young.

Exactly, and he is a young player who's more likely to give us value for money which is apparently what we are after.

He looked alright did nothing much, looked tidy...Then scores of a deflected hit and hope. So should be a superstar on here by the morning.

Had a decent game, looked lively and scored the winner at the death. Like it being deflected makes any difference.

Did to the goalkeeper.

Did to the goalkeeper.

...to the significance of the goal. Though I suspect you realise I meant that. ;)