Arda Turan?

Guest hindu times

He looked alright did nothing much, looked tidy...Then scores of a deflected hit and hope. So should be a superstar on here by the morning.

Had a decent game, looked lively and scored the winner at the death. Like it being deflected makes any difference.

He had an ok game, not bad, but also no wanking material either (as it seems to some). Why do deflected goals not make a difference? Nobody wants to take the goal away from him, but 'keeper would probably have saved it otherwise, so it was less a matter of skills than of luck.

9m is overpriced imho anyway and I can't see any increase of value just based on this performance (which would be ridiculous anyway, even if he had played really well).

Now, we won't be able to sign him.

Why? Can we only sign s*** players? Because if so, why are we selling Emre and Milner?

Other clubs will come in for him and he won't want to join us.

Wow thank god you're not on the club's negoiation commitee. Well hopefully you are not. Dennis, Tony, Derreck, Chris is that you ?

Guest LucaAltieri

Now, we won't be able to sign him.

Why? Can we only sign s*** players? Because if so, why are we selling Emre and Milner?

Other clubs will come in for him and he won't want to join us.

Wow thank god you're not on the club's negoiation commitee. Well hopefully you are not. Dennis, Tony, Derreck, Chris is that you ?

Aye, I'd guess we're still the biggest club in for him.

He looked alright did nothing much, looked tidy...Then scores of a deflected hit and hope. So should be a superstar on here by the morning.

Had a decent game, looked lively and scored the winner at the death. Like it being deflected makes any difference.

He had an ok game, not bad, but also no wanking material either (as it seems to some). Why do deflected goals not make a difference? Nobody wants to take the goal away from him, but 'keeper would probably have saved it otherwise, so it was less a matter of skills than of luck.

9m is overpriced imho anyway and I can't see any increase of value just based on this performance (which would be ridiculous anyway, even if he had played really well).

Agree. Our reported 8m ceiling if the reports are true is the max I'd go. I really think Modric is a far better player as things stand now.

How the hell do you know? :lol:  He struck the ball well and for all we know it could have flown past the keeper without any deflection.

this guy clearly got something... yes he is not pacey one...  but his positioning was incredible (typical clever player)... anytime i see him he got himself clear space... if it wasn't his team mate was trusted more on shit tuncay... he'll be hell of performance... he was many time alone but not much passes going into him

Modric a far better player?  Have you seen them both play a few games Parky or just basing that on the Euro's?  If its the Euro's Modric played well for about 25 minutes and scored a pen, which lets face it is just about the least impressive goal you can score.

Guest LucaAltieri

Modric is older and used to play in a worse league.

plus we can't actually sign him anymore, so it's kinda time to move on.

La la la, can't hear you.

Ridiculous as it is, thats what happens. Time and time again we've seen players have a good game or 2 at a big international tournament, then securing a move for a price they would never of fetched had they not played a game in the cup.

Not saying it's right, it's just what happens.

How the hell do you know? :lol:  He struck the ball well and for all we know it could have flown past the keeper without any deflection.

Because the 'keeper was already diving down in the right direction and the ball didn't have any real pace? It was hardly a wonder strike and I'd be pretty unhappy if the ball would have went in undeflected tbh.

Because the 'keeper was already diving down in the right direction and the ball didn't have any real pace? It was hardly a wonder strike and I'd be pretty unhappy if the ball would have went in undeflected tbh.

Judging by the first goal, I would have expected it to go in regardless of whether or not the keeper got to it.

Modric a far better player?  What are you basing that on Parky?  He played well for 25 minutes and scored a pen, which lets face it is just about the least impressive goal you can score.

You'll find out next season.

Judging by the first goal, I would have expected it to go in regardless of whether or not the keeper got to it.

Touché.

Well at least it losks like our new setup is at least identifying players with some real promise.

Hadn't heard of Turan or Derdiyok before they were both linked, but they both looked like very promising and talented youngsters. Derdiyok for a 19 yr old looked like a serious talent and Arda is what 21?

Good stuff.

Well at least it losks like our new setup is at least identifying players with some real promise.

Hadn't heard of Turan or Derdiyok before they were both linked, but they both looked like very promising and talented youngsters. Derdiyok for a 19 yr old looked like a serious talent and Arda is what 21?

Good stuff.

Deridyok I like loads. Really enjoyed his performance today.

Guest optimistic nit

Modric a far better player?  What are you basing that on Parky?  He played well for 25 minutes and scored a pen, which lets face it is just about the least impressive goal you can score.

You'll find out next season.

:lol: parky you always pretend to have some sort of arcane knowlage.

i think it is perfectly plausable that arda turan would be better in the PL than modric, not saying he will, modric is certainly rated more, but neither have played in good leagues, turkey's league is better than croatia's though.