Spurs in for Gomis?

ChezGiven

I was just wondering where in France the restaurant he went to was.

Why?  Just out of interest.

That is a good question, tbf. With Chez living in/near Paris and Gomis just having a game in St. Etienne yesterday.

That is a good question, tbf. With Chez living in/near Paris and Gomis just having a game in St. Etienne yesterday.

It looks to be 1 hour or so from Paris at a guess.

Beyond a fucking joke now, the only positive i can see is that if they sign Gomis then surely they will be off our backs, i mean they surely cant sign ALL our fucking targets? If we dont get Gomis we will go for someone else, and then Spurs cant go for him as they have already signed Gomis. Its beyond a fucking joke now that we are scouting players and Spurs are signing them, it really does stink of a mole at our club. Arnt Ashley and Levy best friends? Maybe the 2 are in some sort of competition with each other, as stupid as it sounds.

Oh for f*** sake, this is getting stupid now.

Woodgate, Modric, Dunne and now Gomis. :rolleyes:

Its hardly surprising - Spurs are one of the clubs that we are now competing with for players - as there are so few that would not be naturally wanted by the Top 4, it is natural  that Spurs(and Everton, Villa etc) will want them too.....

Unfortunately, they can offer more than us - UEFA Cup football, Ramos' reputation internationally, a recent Cup win, and, most tellingly of all, London.

Sorry for repeating this, but it will be a long hard road back to respectability and it will entail many set-backs and humiliations in the transfer market.

I asked a lad who I met when I lived in St-Etienne about this to see if he'd heard anything about it (he's a cousin of one of the players). For the last few months when I've brought up Gomis in conversation linking him with us he's said all along he'll be at Lyon to replace Benzema if/when he leaves. Asked him a couple of days ago to see if anything had been mentioned over there and he said that he'd heard he was being watched by Spurs.

I'd be f**king gutted. :(

I asked a lad who I met when I lived in St-Etienne about this to see if he'd heard anything about it (he's a cousin of one of the players). For the last few months when I've brought up Gomis in conversation linking him with us he's said all along he'll be at Lyon to replace Benzema if/when he leaves. Asked him a couple of days ago to see if anything had been mentioned over there and he said that he'd heard he was being watched by Spurs.

I'd be f**king gutted. :(

who is his cousin?

Nah, I think it is intentional. With Everton and Aston Villa rising as their major contenders for the UEFA spot as well as potential top 4 teams, it is a good strategy to strengthen the squad by preventing other team from getting these promising stars, so that, say, Newcastle, would not threaten them in the next season.

Wouldn't surprise me if Arda Turan is also being watched by Spurs. A very disgusting strategy though, I wonder how Ashley feel now.

Of course Comolli knows Gomis, he was the DoF at St Etienne!  In an interview with France Football, Comolli said "I know Bafe well, he is an excellent player.  But I can assure you that there is no contact between him and Tottenham."

BTW, Ramos, Comolli and Levy have been in Barcelona this weekend, with not a lot of joy apparently.

Of course Comolli knows Gomis, he was the DoF at St Etienne!  In an interview with France Football, Comolli said "I know Bafe well, he is an excellent player.  But I can assure you that there is no contact between him and Tottenham."

BTW, Ramos, Comolli and Levy have been in Barcelona this weekend, with not a lot of joy apparently.

Is that a recent interview?

Is that a recent interview?

In the last 2 or 3 days apparently.  If Gomis is on our list of possible signings, I think he would be down the pecking order, there's a lot of other strikers being linked to us tbh.  There's even talk that Berbatov may give Ramos a season to get into the CL.  Personally, I think he'll go but I've no idea who would be the probable replacement.

Is it possible that club representatives would cover-up which club they were from when asked by an outsider? I could just picture them glancing at each other then saying the first club that came to mind, laughing about it later. Might even be common practice in an effort to throw off stories getting to the press if you're trying to keep a deal quiet as long as possible.

However if Chez is observant enough to spot Gomis from a few pics on here I am sure he would have recognised at least one of the party with him if they'd been from Newcastle. But whoever they were they may have been less than honest with the restaurant manager.

I was just wondering where in France the restaurant he went to was.

Why?  Just out of interest.

With the sighting on Sunday, and the game on Sunday, would be easy for Gomis to go places.

Is it possible that club representatives would cover-up which club they were from when asked by an outsider? I could just picture them glancing at each other then saying the first club that came to mind, laughing about it later. Might even be common practice in an effort to throw off stories getting to the press if you're trying to keep a deal quiet as long as possible.

However if Chez is observant enough to spot Gomis from a few pics on here I am sure he would have recognised at least one of the party with him if they'd been from Newcastle. But whoever they were they may have been less than honest with the restaurant manager.

What did these Englishmen look like?

What did these Englishmen look like?

well you know these english,they all look alike

i work at a pub in cramlington and supermac was doing a event tonight for the NSPCC and he did a rather long chat. at one point i heard him talking of how he believes Jiminez to still be with spurs....

Did he say that to the audience or just to you?  I'm not one for conspiracy theories but smoke and fire comes to mind.

he said it to the whole crowd.