The Euro 2008 thread: Spain are European champions

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I really am so pleased that we have none of that inane 'trumpeting' from the crowd in this country. I can just about put up with the national team's band, but this sort of thing, it's everywhere in Europe. It's just a loud noise.

Inspiring. :undecided:

I really am so pleased that we have none of that inane 'trumpeting' from the crowd in this country. I can just about put up with the national team's band, but this sort of thing, it's everywhere in Europe. It's just a loud noise.

Rather some noise as opposed to silence.

Its even worse in the African nations cup

Rather some noise as opposed to silence.

I'd rather the crowd used the wind in their sales to sing/chant...

How fun is it to be swedish this night?

I didnt even play the game but i still feel, how can i explain it, raped?

Its gonna be a long game at work tomorrow got damnit.

Embaressed. End of an era. We need a new generation of players to take over from Ljungberg, Larsson, Mellberg etc., but they aren't out there. Also, the difference between Petter Hansson and Zlatan Ibrahimovic means we'll have to score 3-4 goals to win games at this level. And the madness to play Daniel Andersson ahead of Kim Källström has to stop.

Full credit to Russia, played a very good game and took advantage of the fact that we allowed them to do so, with our back four sitting so deep for 90 minutes. Zhirkov, Semsov and Arshavin were terrific.

A belated GET THE FUCK IN RUSSIA!! :celb:

Why are you so anti-Sweden? It doesn't make sense.

Think of it as living in London and supporting Newcastle, all the media are just concerned with the London-clubs and give little to no attention of the other clubs. Also, since Sven got the sack/resigned, most Swedes want to see nothing more than England doing bad, so it's hard not to want the same for Sweden.

Got a feeling Scolari will start Ronaldo up front with Gomes tonight.

Target Metzelder and Mertezacker and keep him away from Lahm.

That's where Huth would have been needed. He might not be good at kicking the ball, but...

Can't see us winning this tonight without a much improved team performance. As I said before the competition, we were going into it with too many players in poor form (some after injuries). Defence is too shaky, midfield gets dominated too easily and giving away far too many easy balls (Frings especially, I hope he won't be fit tonight). Gomez total lack of form is most disappointing. Probably he got a victim of all the hype and lost his confidence. The constant talk about him already having agreed a move to Munich isn't helping either. If it is true Munich officials want shot for stupid back stabbing...

Guest Roland

Come on Isegrim...have faith, you always play better after the groupstage, when everybody thinks/wants  Germany to lose it never happens  :angel:

Sadness in the "orange camp". Boulharouz's daughter was born far too early and didn't make it unfortunately. Acoordiing to van Basten, he will stay and wants to play Saterday.

They aren't allowed to post highlights for international users on the BBC site, but a video of Van Der Vaart farting is within copyright restrictions.   ???

I could see the match tonight playing out just like England/Portugal matches in '04 and '06 except with the Germans showing that extra level of professionalism and composure that England never seem to have.  1-1 aet, Germans on penalties.