The Euro 2008 thread: Spain are European champions

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest alex

Is Drenthe the left-back / winger that was linked with Chelsea? He looked to be absolutely class. Still very young though.

Is Drenthe the left-back / winger that was linked with Chelsea? He looked to be absolutely class. Still very young though.

real madrid now i think. don't know if he gets a game.

Guest alex

real madrid now i think. don't know if he gets a game.

Probably too young for the move. Shame like.

Guest alex

He gets the occasional run-out as a substitute and normally does well. He's a bit of a fan's favourite as well.

That's good to hear.

COME ON CZECH REPUBLIC!!!!! Unfortunately we don't have Rosicky, but I fancy us to do quite well.

Theres not really one outstandingly good team so its hard to pick a winner....but I'll go for Italy. Or France. Or Germany as an outside bet lol

COME ON CZECH REPUBLIC!!!!! Unfortunately we don't have Rosicky, but I fancy us to do quite well.

Theres not really one outstandingly good team so its hard to pick a winner....but I'll go for Italy. Or France. Or Germany as an outside bet lol

Preach Brother!  :clap2:      mrs. bulivye & i will be in the cz rep for the summer and i'm hoping to at least get to vienna to watch a match on the big screen.    i have to root for the czechs to keep peace in the family, but i don't have a lot of confidence.  ho'way pavel!  come on out of international reitrement!

Guest nufc_geordie

Personally fancy France or Germany. I reckon France have the likes of Benzema and Ben Arfa etc. integrating into the team now after a couple of stuttering years recovering fromt he loss of Zidane and that era of player. Can only see them improving from now into the next world cup.

Germany as previously mentioned have that mentality for the big tournaments and when Ballack is playing like his is at the moment there aren't too many better players in the world in his position.

If i had to put money on it I think I'd back Portugal. Pretty open tournament this year though. Spain, France, Italy, & Germany could all win it.

What about the guy in your avatar??? ;-)

If i had to put money on it I think I'd back Portugal. Pretty open tournament this year though. Spain, France, Italy, & Germany could all win it.

What about the guy in your avatar??? ;-)

Although Croatia are decent I'd be amazed if they got to the last 4. Eduardo will be a big loss and outside of Croatia they aren't nearly as good as they are at home.

Spain for me this year. They've always had good teams over the years, but this time, man for man I genuinely think they're the best this time. Casillas has been the best keeper in Europe by far this season, Capdevila, Ramos & Puyol are quality defenders, plenty of options in midfield with Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas & Alonso, while upfront the likes of Torres, Villa & Guiza will be a threat. Easily my tip.

Guest birdhunter

Italy.. they play really nice and fresh with new lads. Romania also very dangerous and if they manage to get to the next round they can reach the semis.

If Portugal had a decent striker I'd back them mind...although it didn't stop France in '98.

Always been a problem hasn't it, probably why they always only play with 1 up, Pauleta or Gomes have always been the two, Almeida is around now but will be a lot better in a few years time.

Can't believe Henrik Larsson agreed to play again, but it's nothing but good news for Sweden.

Should be interesting to see Seb Larsson perform on this stage for the first time. I think our midfield and attack can get us far, but we'll probably get knocked out by Spain and Russia due to the fact that we have NO defenders capable to shut their offensive out for 90 mins. Mellberg is the best of the lot, and he's not that good these days, and the one decent left back we have, Erik Edman, is missing out because of injury. And then there's Isaksson who hasn't played all season.