The Euro 2008 thread: Spain are European champions

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fuck's sake. Third time so far this tournament, that i've walked out the room for half a minute, and someone's scored. Pissing hell!

You missed one of THE great Euro goals.

Was a belter wasn't it. :lol:

Pleased that Sweden have fucked them. Pretty disgusting performance from the Greeks tbh. Smacked of smugness, arrogance, and deludedness tbh; who do they think they are? Fluked their way to the last one and were not going to do it again, and i hate managers like Rehhagel. Hope they finish bottom. :thup:

I was gutted they won it last time round, despite the fact it was generally considered a fairy tale for 'plucky little Greece'. If everybody played football like that the game would be finished. The only downside is that Sweden will probably go through to the next round, because they are not much better.

Good game by Sweden, played some good football..

Is Sam Allardyce manging Greece? i didnt think they were that boring last time around.

Credit where its due though, Angelios Basinas the Greece captin gave a brilliant peformence in the middle, not a foot wrong all game..

Ibrahimovic again showing that one moment of class from him could win a game.

Good game by Sweden, played some good football..

Is Sam Allardyce manging Greece? i didnt think they were that boring last time around.

Credit where its due though, Angelios Basinas the Greece captin gave a brilliant peformence in the middle, not a foot wrong all game..

Ibrahimovic again showing that one moment of class from him could win a game.

Otto Renghal does bare a resemblance. 

Fair play to Spain for their team selection by the way. Our media seem to have hammered the decision to drop Fabregas but it was spot on imo. England's problem over the last couple of years in midfield was that they've chosen the best two individuals (Lampard & Gerrard) even though it's clear it doesn't work for that system. Today, Aragones picked his best defensive-midfielder Senna, his best creative player Xavi, and Iniesta & Silva either side. Worked a treat. Our press can f*ck off.

Fair play to Spain for their team selection by the way. Our media seem to have hammered the decision to drop Fabregas but it was spot on imo. England's problem over the last couple of years in midfield was that they've chosen the best two individuals (Lampard & Gerrard) even though it's clear it doesn't work for that system. Today, Aragones picked his best defensive-midfielder Senna, his best creative player Xavi, and Iniesta & Silva either side. Worked a treat. Our press can f*ck off.

How many times has Gerrard / Lampard started under Cappello out of how many games? (I don't know & why i'm asking butt it seemed to me Cappello hasn't played them together)

Guest Stephen927

How many times has Gerrard / Lampard started under Cappello out of how many games? (I don't know & why i'm asking butt it seemed to me Cappello hasn't played them together)

The USA game was the first game Lampard has featured since Capello took charge.

Fabregas has been ill. He'll probably go in for Iniesta in the latter games.

I was talking more of the 2-3 years before that.

Spain's fluid football today was as good as I've seen from an international team for a long time. All their players held the ball well under pressure, passed and moved intelligently, and the threat up front from Villa and Torres can be summed up best by pointing out Torres was the less dangerous.

There might be a question mark about their defence but they were something else going forward.

I was talking more of the 2-3 years before that.

Yeah i know you were, i was just asking because your post made me think what was the current manager doing as i haven't really been following NT football, NUFC was enough weight to carry in my mind this season.

Xavi is better than Fabregas anyways. The press in this country will know boot all about spanish football so one of the players they know doesn't start they boot off, cunts.

He shouldn't though imo, I rate Iniesta higher.

much of the press hammered Eriksson pretty brutally for the Gerrard-Lampard crap. it was more the tv pundits who couldn't bring themselves to criticise their mates or players theyve hyped up for years, so stuck their head in the sand and said the could play together. jaimie redknapp was particularly bad at this. i remember once he argued that of course they could play in the middle together, and that Rafa Benitez had 'brainwashed the public into thinking Gerrard was better on the right".

Guest optimistic nit

He shouldn't though imo, I rate Iniesta higher.

really?

Portugal vs the Czechs now should be a decent game

not sure about that tbh. the czechs have very little talent in their squad, but their quite big, and i think they will be aiming to stop portugal's small but technical players from playing. if portugal can get an early goal, then it will hopefully be quite an open and entertaining game, but otherwise i can see it being an even more onesided version of the sweden - greece game yesterday.

although if portugal are alloud to play or the czechs have to chase the game then i can see deco, moutinho and ronaldo ripping them apart.