The Euro 2008 thread: Spain are European champions

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The latter stages of this tournament could really be good.  Croatia, Portugal, Holland & probably Spain....all good exciting teams.

i wouldnt of fancied englands chances against these lot

This Holland v. England would be like Arsenal v. Newcastle.  Makes me glad we aren't there.

This tournament demands a Portugal / Holland final.  I don't know if the draw makes it possible, but it must happen.

Brilliant from Sneijder, and essential for my fantasy team.

Yer Portugal vs Holland is a possiblity. Countries from A and B don't play nations from groups C or D until the final.

The latter stages of this tournament could really be good.  Croatia, Portugal, Holland & probably Spain....all good exciting teams.

This Holland v. England would be like Arsenal v. Newcastle.  Makes me glad we aren't there.

true.

always amuses me when people point to the english climate as an excuse as to why our players arent so skilful or technical, but the netherlands with basically same weather produces teams like this for pretty much every tournament.

This Holland v. England would be like Arsenal v. Newcastle.

Nah not really like..

Nice comment from Shearer!  :lol:

what did he say? got to be better than the ESPN panel "netherlands opened the scoring in the first stanza"  :cheesy: what next? 'a great piece of dramatic irony there by van der vaart'

>:D >:D

This Holland v. England would be like Arsenal v. Derby.

Nah not really like..

Yeah I agree, it wouldn't be like that either..  ???  ;D

what did he say? got to be better than the ESPN panel "netherlands opened the scoring in the first stanza"  :cheesy: what next? 'a great piece of dramatic irony there by van der vaart'

Don't act like that "It's a Dutch oven and the French are toast!" line wasn't great.

Gomis looks crap, a bulked up Shola. Would love someone like Ribery.

Looked like Shola in the little time he had on the pitch.

Gomis hasnt had a great start. Dont buy him.

thats shola in a dreadlock wig, tbh

I really think Romania's going to make it out of the group. I can see a France-Italy draw, which leaves Romania only needing a point to advance. If Holland fields an under-strength team to rest their starters, I think they can grab one.

What'd he say?

I wasn't really paying attention but one of the other pundits said he'd be claiming a penalty if he had the shot Henry had that was blocked and Shearer was like 'No, I'd have hit the net'!

said to my mate just after it happened, considering the circumstances, henry's attempted lob was the stupidest, most arrogant attempt at a finish i've ever seen

Not really. Henry of old would've pulled that off no problems.