Emre Belözoğlu (now managing İstanbul Başakşehir)

Guest geordienorway

Guest stjamestoon

He has to complete military service in Turkey before the deal can go through.

Is that true?

As this thread explains, Emre is waiting a bit to complete his move so he can avoid military service.

I thought he had to do the shortened 3 weeks regardless?

He does, but if he moved sooner he would have had to do longer, something like a year or two.

As this thread explains, Emre is waiting a bit to complete his move so he can avoid military service.

I thought he had to do the shortened 3 weeks regardless?

If he waits a couple of months its 3 weeks training, if he doesn't it is two years iirc.

He is actualy doing it right now, only has to serve 1 month due to being away from Turkey for over 3 years, if he went back having not done it then he'd be made to do it for the usual period of time.

He is actualy doing it right now, only has to serve 1 month due to being away from Turkey for over 3 years, if he went back having not done it then he'd be made to do it for the usual period of time.

Wonder if the military can get him any fitter and less susceptible to injury ...

Guest want_nufc_to_be_big_club

im not going to miss him but his sale reminds me once again how small our squad is.

Even the players now this.

Given interview for example.

Hope we'll sign someone soon.

Guest elpapi

l'equipe are saying that we're getting around 10 million euros for emre "according to turkish press"...  :yikes: that would be almost £8m  :frantic: wishful thinking i guess, although if you see fenerbahce and galatasaray attracting rather good players (guiza, meira) you would think that they had some cash...

l'equipe are saying that we're getting around 10 million euros for emre "according to turkish press"...  :yikes: that would be almost £8m  :frantic: wishful thinking i guess, although if you see fenerbahce and galatasaray attracting rather good players (guiza, meira) you would think that they had some cash...

deal of the century if true

Still no official news from Newcastle or mention of a fee...

NUFC are no longer a PLC so they don't have to announce transfer fees now. We are unlikely to hear how much we sell or buy players for now unless the club we buy off or sell to announce it (or the players agent leaks it).

I take it, it's confirmed then. Great news even though it does further weaken the squad numbers. His moments of brilliance (such as his cameo versus Everton and the free kick against the Mackems) have been few and far between, mixed in to distinctly average performances and lengthly visits to the treatment table.

Guest neesy111

again the chronicle don't have a clue why the deal was delayed? paperwork

message to anal:  it was down to him having to do army service