Emre Belözoğlu (now managing İstanbul Başakşehir)

Guest geordienorway

Did you have to? :p God knows when I'll ever see an Aussie in a Toon top again!

But to be honest, Big Marko is a luxury we can't afford at the moment, and I guess that's a good way to describe Emre too.

Not really. Viduka is a luxury we can't afford, Emre isn't a luxury and never has been, we can afford him but he's pointless so why bother..

emre isn't a luxury and never has been, we can afford him but he's pointless so why bother..

Guess you can add Duff, Smith and a couple of other guys on that list  :pow:

Guest NUFC4

i've always liked emre as a players but he's massively underacheived for many reasons since his arrival and i happy to see him go.  good luck to him in turkey though, nothing personal.  wouldn't mind offing duff to the scum either.  he was just an average player made to look good at chelsea with the class around him.  this is all good news for zoggy provided that we hold onto him.  i would love to see him get more action as he is our only attack minded midfielder now!!  DON'T GO CHARLIE!!

Guest sicko2ndbest

Newcastle confirm Emre deal agreed

Jun 1 2008 by Steve Brown, Sunday Sun

NEWCASTLE star Emre IS on the verge of a £3 million switch to Fenerbahce.

The Turkish club released a statement late on Friday claiming to have agreed a deal with United for the 27-year-old.

Newcastle themselves last night confirmed they have agreed terms with the Turkish outfit

And Emre’s representative Ahmet Bulut also told the Sunday Sun: “Fenerbahce are interested in Emre.

“Nothing is signed at the moment but both clubs are in agreement about the fee and next I must negotiate Emre’s wages. I think we will reach agreement in the next few days.”

Bulut is also the agent of United target Ardan Turan, but said the Galatasaray star is no closer to a move to St James’s.

According to Spanish sources however, striker Alvaro Negredo could be.

The Almeria hotshot scored 13 goals in 37 games last season and has been recommended to United by technical co-ordinator Jeff Vetere.

Negredo was on the books of Real Madrid — where Vetere was previously employed as a star-spotter — before joining Almeria.

And the Bernabeu club have a £3 million first option on the 22-year-old, with reports suggesting they are keen to exercise this, and sell the player on to United for around £9.5 million.

Meanwhile, United are understood to be tracking Birmingham’s French midfielder Olivier Kapo.

Newcastle confirm Emre deal agreed

Jun 1 2008 by Steve Brown, Sunday Sun

NEWCASTLE star Emre IS on the verge of a £3 million switch to Fenerbahce.

The Turkish club released a statement late on Friday claiming to have agreed a deal with United for the 27-year-old.

Newcastle themselves last night confirmed they have agreed terms with the Turkish outfit

And Emre’s representative Ahmet Bulut also told the Sunday Sun: “Fenerbahce are interested in Emre.

“Nothing is signed at the moment but both clubs are in agreement about the fee and next I must negotiate Emre’s wages. I think we will reach agreement in the next few days.”

Bulut is also the agent of United target Ardan Turan, but said the Galatasaray star is no closer to a move to St James’s.

According to Spanish sources however, striker Alvaro Negredo could be.

The Almeria hotshot scored 13 goals in 37 games last season and has been recommended to United by technical co-ordinator Jeff Vetere.

Negredo was on the books of Real Madrid — where Vetere was previously employed as a star-spotter — before joining Almeria.

And the Bernabeu club have a £3 million first option on the 22-year-old, with reports suggesting they are keen to exercise this, and sell the player on to United for around £9.5 million.

Meanwhile, United are understood to be tracking Birmingham’s French midfielder Olivier Kapo.

fuck right off.  Unless he's way above average, we'd be stupid to do that.

The Kapo rumour has been mention a few times in the papers before actually, so I don´t know if it was some kind of insider info...

or it could just be paper talk...being in the papers and all..

Olivier Kapo?

Baggio reported that a week ago, and got shot down in flames.

The paper must be right then.

Didn't say that. Just mentioned that the name has already been branded about, so it's nothing new.

Olivier Kapo?

Didn't say that. Just mentioned that the name has already been branded about, so it's nothing new.

Had already been on a few shitty rumour sites before then tbh. Easy link.

Olivier Kapo?

Had already been on a few shitty rumour sites before then tbh. Easy link.

Again, not really what I said.

Why exactly has this rumour started anyway? It's not exactly an obvious link.

Guest Chubby Jason

Kevin Keegan has reportedly put Everton playmaker Mikel Arteta top of his shopping list after pushing Emre towards the Newcastle exit door.

That would be excellent if true. Where did u here this?

Kevin Keegan has reportedly put Everton playmaker Mikel Arteta top of his shopping list after pushing Emre towards the Newcastle exit door.

That would be excellent if true. Where did u here this?

Teamtalk so it's not exactly reliable to say at least..But would be a good signing..

Guest newcastle4life

Nothing wrong with getting rid of Emre as he is injury prone if a good replacement is brought in.

8million sterling being reported........surely not ?

Would be delighted if it were true, but I've also seen reports of £3m, which seems more realistic...