Emre Belözoğlu (now managing İstanbul Başakşehir)

Guest geordienorway

Bye.

http://www.fenerbahce.org/pic_lib/2008-07-23_e2.jpg

http://www.fenerbahce.org/pic_lib/2008-07-23_emrefenerium1.jpg

http://www.fenerbahce.org/pic_lib/2008-07-23_e5.jpg

I know most people are happy he has gone and I don't blame them but deep down for some reason I am a little sad that he has left us, he definitely had the ability just not the application or the fitness.

Bye.

I know most people are happy he has gone and I don't blame them but deep down for some reason I am a little sad that he has left us, he definitely had the ability just not the application or the fitness.

You need all three to make it in the PL, for Emre the one he did have, he didn't show often enough.

On a side note he doesn't look exactly thrilled in those photos and he still looks fat, I don't know what you guys are talking about.

Guest Heneage

Quite sad he left. Favourite player, got to meet him once so I was lucky. Just wasn't meant to be.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Since we've gone private our official site has got slower and slower in terms of transfers

What a waster, what a fucking waster.

Unfortunately I agree with you. Probably one of my favourite players when playing. As someone above said, he should have achieved so much more.

Glad he's gone, wonder how many minutes into his debut he will be rolling around on the floor with a career ending thigh injury. Also, i'd be suprised if he makes more than 15 league starts for them.

Will always look back on Emre with a bit of regret really. You could make a case and say that he was one of the right players at the wrong time, he'd probably have done very well under Bobby. But then, his fitness record was pants as we all know. Best of luck to him, though.

• 4 months later...

Bit of gossip for you. Courtesy of the ever-reputable Wikipedia, which I went on to find out how many games he's played for Fenerbache (for the record it's apparently four).

According to the Turkish Press, the reason why he came back to Turkey is that he fell in love with a Turkish girl, Tugba Gurevin. On July 1, 2008 he got engaged with Tugba Gurevin, and in his interview with Fenerbahce magazine set the wedding date as February 2009.

Wasn't he married with kids? I may have this totally wrong but I swear there was an image of him at the airport or something when he first signed for us were he had a child in his arms.

Check his Wiki biography out by the way. It's amusing, it's very pro-Emre and full of opinion. So bad it's good.