Fabricio Coloccini?

Pilko

Agent is supposed to be in talks with two clubs today in london

Spurs named as one the other club not named

mackems.gif

I can´t stand this anymore. :rant:

Scum board's saying it's them with Coloccini replacing Senderos.

Would make sense as Senderos is gash and Arsenal badly need another centre back.

Scum board's saying it's them with Coloccini replacing Senderos.

Would make sense as Senderos is gash and Arsenal badly need another centre back.

Agreed, though I think there are a few teams who could do with improving their centre back options.  Not really certain who I would like to see replace Dawson, as long as it's not Anton! 

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.newspostleader.co.uk/newcastleunited/Newcastle-to-battle-West-Ham.4206052.jp

DEPORTIVO La Coruna defender Fabricio Coloccini is a reported target of both Newcastle United and West Ham.

The centre-half is reported in The Sun newspaper to be interesting both the Magpies and Hammers.

The 26-year-old is said to be available for around £12m.

He is currently with the Argentina squad playing World Cup qualifiers in South America.

He told The Sun: "There has been a lot spoken about my future but there have been no concrete offers.

"At the moment I am thinking about my selection for the Argentina team and then about my holiday."

The player has made 99 appearances for Deportivo and has 27 international caps.

He spent five seasons on AC Milan's books but only played one game for the Serie A side.

The majority of his career has been spent on loan in Spain - at San Lorenzo, Alavés, Atlético Madrid and Villarreal - before signing with Deportivo in 2004.

I swear we were linked with him a while back for something daft like £3m.

May have been when Depor signed him as they paid that I think.

No it was when they were in trouble financially

http://www.newspostleader.co.uk/newcastleunited/Newcastle-to-battle-West-Ham.4206052.jp

DEPORTIVO La Coruna defender Fabricio Coloccini is a reported target of both Newcastle United and West Ham.

The centre-half is reported in The Sun newspaper to be interesting both the Magpies and Hammers.

The 26-year-old is said to be available for around £12m.

He is currently with the Argentina squad playing World Cup qualifiers in South America.

He told The Sun: "There has been a lot spoken about my future but there have been no concrete offers.

"At the moment I am thinking about my selection for the Argentina team and then about my holiday."

The player has made 99 appearances for Deportivo and has 27 international caps.

He spent five seasons on AC Milan's books but only played one game for the Serie A side.

The majority of his career has been spent on loan in Spain - at San Lorenzo, Alavés, Atlético Madrid and Villarreal - before signing with Deportivo in 2004.

Interested this time round for 20 days but no concrete offers. Well done.

Linked with another decent player that will probably end up not coming here, you know when you see the headline "BOUMSONG TO BOOM BACK TO TOON" then thats the story thats the true one..

"There are teams in Spain that are also interested, but one must be slightly patient."

What's that supposed to mean? One team in Spain or 'One' in reference to himself?

Perhaps the manager of the Spanish side in question is called  Juan?

• 1 year later...

NEWCASTLE 3, SWANSEA 0. FABRICIO Coloccini insists he wasn’t left on the shelf in Newcastle’s summer fire sale.

And the fed-up £8m defender hit back at claims that the only reason he is still at St James’s Park is because no-one else wants him.

Coloccini, 27, boosted his outside hopes of a place in Argentina’s World Cup squad with a man-of-the- match display to seal a fifth straight Toon victory.

The win keeps Chris Hughton’s Championship leaders two points clear of nearest challengers West Brom.

Eyebrows were raised in the summer when the £60,000-a-week centre-back failed to join the £30m exodus of stars sold to slash Newcastle’s ­crippling wage bill after they crashed out of the Premier League.

After making his 50th Newcastle appearance, Coloccini said: “I was annoyed because people were saying the only reason I wasn’t going anywhere in the summer was because there weren’t any offers.

“That wasn’t true because the club and myself were getting a lot of offers.”

Coloccini insists he owed it to the Toon Army not to join Michael Owen, Damien Duff, Oba Martins, Mark Viduka, Sebastien Bassong and Habib Beye in jumping ship.

He added: “All I thought about over the summer was that I should stay and try to help us get back into the Premier League because the fans had been so good to me.”

NEWCASTLE 3, SWANSEA 0. FABRICIO Coloccini insists he wasnt left on the shelf in Newcastles summer fire sale.

And the fed-up £8m defender hit back at claims that the only reason he is still at St Jamess Park is because no-one else wants him.

Coloccini, 27, boosted his outside hopes of a place in Argentinas World Cup squad with a man-of-the- match display to seal a fifth straight Toon victory.

The win keeps Chris Hughtons Championship leaders two points clear of nearest challengers West Brom.

Eyebrows were raised in the summer when the £60,000-a-week centre-back failed to join the £30m exodus of stars sold to slash Newcastles ­crippling wage bill after they crashed out of the Premier League.

After making his 50th Newcastle appearance, Coloccini said: I was annoyed because people were saying the only reason I wasnt going anywhere in the summer was because there werent any offers.

That wasnt true because the club and myself were getting a lot of offers.

Coloccini insists he owed it to the Toon Army not to join Michael Owen, Damien Duff, Oba Martins, Mark Viduka, Sebastien Bassong and Habib Beye in jumping ship.

He added: All I thought about over the summer was that I should stay and try to help us get back into the Premier League because the fans had been so good to me.

I wonder how the "offers" compared with (1) the fee we paid for him and (2) the salary he gets here.

No. £10m buys you an average centre half, basically. I think he can be one hell of a player in the premiership.

I think that's where I disagree, I've seen nothing from him to suggest that's the case.  After a bright 4 or 5 games last year, he just seemed to get worse & worse as the season wore on (as did the rest of them mind, but him moreso) culminating in him being the weakest link in the back four.

I know I'm unlikely to change your mind though, and tbh I hope you're right. :thup:

Well we could go down the solid Gary Cahill, Ryan Shawcross route for a similar amount or stick with a player who has a proven track record of keeping world class attackers quiet (Iniesta complained about him after the game 2 weeks back).  :lol:

Just needs to adapt his game, he's certainly not the first.