Summer 2008 Manager Thread - CHELSEA GET SCOLARI

maze

I think Grant proved that, with Chelsea's resources it's not easy to fail. The guy was limited and a strange choice but he still did pretty well. I expect Scolari to have Chelsea fighting for the PL and CL too, as they do every year.

i know abramovich wants entertaining football, but scolari was known for being a cynical, defensive manager in brazil, who told his players  to deliberately foul, dive and slow the game down. obviously portugal play attractive footy but that might be down more to the players available than anything else.

i know abramovich wants entertaining football, but scolari was known for being a cynical, defensive manager in brazil, who told his players  to deliberately foul, dive and slow the game down. obviously portugal play attractive footy but that might be down more to the players available than anything else.

Don't you think he'll bring most of those players to Chelsea though?

Don't you think he'll bring most of those players to Chelsea though?

certainly, but they aren't the most exciting bunch of flair players, unlike the portuguese. mourinho assembled more of a ruthless, efficient machine.

scolari new chelsea gaffer.

they've done well there imo

f***ing hell. Very impressive.

Never managed a European club in his whole career.

Not a bad appointment by any means but hardly any guarantee of success getting him in.

scolari new chelsea gaffer.

they've done well there imo

f***ing hell. Very impressive.

Never managed a European club in his whole career.

Not a bad appointment by any means but hardly any guarantee of success getting him in.

Touché. Still impressive though.

I hate Manchester United was a passion, Abramovich's "new money" never bothered me that much and I still like Mourinho.  So I never had much cause to hate Chelsea, and preferred them to win trophies ahead of Man U. 

But Scolari has finally given me a reason to hate the bastards. 

Guest Redcar Mag

Other than not speaking english, hating press intrusion, and never having managed in european club football he seems ideal.

Scolari's top level experience is confined to Brazil and Portugal. He's nearly 60, and he's got to adjust to a different environment on and off the field. It might not come off.

Can't see him getting on with Abramovich either tbh.

Scolari's top level experience is confined to Brazil and Portugal. He's nearly 60, and he's got to adjust to a different environment on and off the field. It might not come off.

Tricky one.

Guest elbee909

Just got a train home, and reading all the pseudo-intellectual pontificating about Chelsea's appoint of Scolari somehow managed to boil my piss.  If Newcastle had appointed Scolari, you just know they'd have been quick to stick the bloody knife in and list every possible short-coming.  Chelsea appoint him and it's all 'boldness of the move', 'he's not called Big Phil for nothing'.  Fucking two-faced media bollocks.

Can't see him getting on with Abramovich either tbh.

From today's BBC Rumours page:

Luiz Felipe Scolari will ban Roman Abramovich from the Chelsea dressing room when he takes over as manager of the club. (Daily Express)

Can't see that going down very well with Abramovich at all :lol:

Guest Nufc4Life

If Chelsea sign the players they are being linked with there will be no point in playing them next season

What players is that?

Villa Eto'o Ribery

Not forgetting Deco and Ronaldinho as well. Can't see them getting them all but who knows.