Summer 2008 Manager Thread - CHELSEA GET SCOLARI

maze

Paul Jewell and Steve Mcclaren linked with Blackburn job as well worrying times for them

I rate Jewell tbh

Championship manage who gets tired and leaves clubs when he knows they are struggling.

Didnt win one game with Derby last season.

You use that as an argument? :D

Give examples of these world class managers.

The top teams don't stick with their managers so it's difficult to see who are teh real top quality managers.

Then you've got to take into consideration that any future Man Utd. manager will need to play attacking football which limits the field even more.

First of all Sir Alex will probably leave in about three years so it's kind of hard to say who will be hot and who won't be at the time. If he left Man U today I think the likes of Rijkaard, Scolari, Queiroz, Ancelotti etc are more suitable then Hughes, Keane, Coppell or Bruce. Especially if you take in to consideration that the manager needs to have play an attacking minded football. I also think the board at such a successful club don't want to gamble when appointing the next manager. Appointing Roy Keane as the next manager of Man U would be a big gamble. Appointing someone who has proven himself at a big club earlier on in his career wouldn't be much of gamble.

I wasn't suggesting any of those managers you listed but there are no real top quality managers around these days who have had consistent success.

My point is.. that with some very good progress with Man City Hughes could have a fair chance of becoming their next manager.

Scolari is about to join the 60 something club and all the others have reputations to rebuild... it would seem Carlos is the front runner and he hasn't achieved anything in management (except that one bad year @ Madrid)

Sven been confirmed as Mexico coach!

http://www.femexfut.org.mx/portalv2/img/noticias2/seleccion/sven/030608sel.jpg

Viva la Sven!

He looks pleased to be alive...probably reasonable given his last employer.

Manager of Mexico is a dream job tbh.  Millions of dollars, lay on a beach in Cancun all day, beat Barbados 5-0, back to beach, turn up for the World Cup every four years, go out in the quarter finals and everyones happy.  Just have to make sure you don't lose to the US. 

Paul Jewell and Steve Mcclaren linked with Blackburn job as well worrying times for them

I rate Jewell tbh

Championship manager at best for me.

Footy Manager tbh. Champ Man died years ago.

Manager of Mexico is a dream job tbh.  Millions of dollars, lay on a beach in Cancun all day, beat Barbados 5-0, back to beach, turn up for the World Cup every four years, go out in the quarter finals and everyones happy.  Just have to make sure you don't lose to the US. 

Pretty much sums it up.

What a random appointment.