Pablo Aimar joins Benfica

morgs

Guest neesy111

hmm, seem to wonder whats going on

i still do believe 1 or 2 class "creative" players will join, theres still over 4 weeks till the start of the season

i still do believe 1 or 2 class "creative" players will join, theres still over 4 weeks till the start of the season

And 6 and a bit weeks left before the transfer window closes, but still...may as well panic eh? :frantic:

Shame if he has signed for Benfica - he'd have been a good signing for me. Makes you wonder if we were in for him, or whether his agent used us as a stalking horse to get Benfica to tie up the deal.

as likely to be a british journalist spouting any old shite to sell copy.

And 6 and a bit weeks left before the transfer window closes, but still...may as well panic eh? :frantic:

You think we'll leave our signings until the last minute? Isn't that our usual tactic anyway?

Guest VegasToon

Shame if he has signed for Benfica - he'd have been a good signing for me. Makes you wonder if we were in for him, or whether his agent used us as a stalking horse to get Benfica to tie up the deal.

I tend to believe this.

The media hasn't gotten anything right this summer about us.

Guest NUFCGator

I tend to believe this.

The media hasn't gotten anything right this summer about us.

Honestly, it has gotten to the point where if I read about our "interest" in a player or we're supposedly close to signing him, it won't happen. I'm not even sure I'd believe a story claiming we had signed one until I read some sort of confirmation on here.

I don't think we'll ever reach the lows of the 31st August when Roeder was in charge. Sibierski and Bernard were a master stroke. :lol:

Bernard was a free agent and came in after the transfer window had closed. :lol:

In a way I'm glad I wasn't completely sold on him due to his poor form in the last season or two and his injury record. There are certainly less risky buys out there.

Also I'm not totally sure we were actually after him. We've been doing our transfer business very quietly since the Ashley takeover so I'd be surprised if a deal leaked to the press when it wasn't imminent. Can see it possibly being the agent hyping up the rumours to get more money.

Also I'm not totally sure we were actually after him. We've been doing our transfer business very quietly since the Ashley takeover so I'd be surprised if a deal leaked to the press when it wasn't imminent. Can see it possibly being the agent hyping up the rumours to get more money.

I agree with this.

I must admit I'd have liked to have signed him. It's not the end of the world and I'm heartened that we've gone for Modric and Aimar because we need a player of this ilk to push on a bit. Benfica can offer him European football and I don't blame him for choosing them tbh. Lisbon's a nice place and it won't be too much of a culture change for him either.

Good luck to him and let's keep looking for the players to fire us up the League. Keep the faith. :)

I must admit I'd have liked to have signed him. It's not the end of the world and I'm heartened that we've gone for Modric and Aimar because we need a player of this ilk to push on a bit. Benfica can offer him European football and I don't blame him for choosing them tbh. Lisbon's a nice place and it won't be too much of a culture change for him either.

Good luck to him and let's keep looking for the players to fire us up the League. Keep the faith. :)

modric was admitted and made public...i find it curious that,as yet, zaragosa haven't said we made a formal appraoch. 9wouldn't be a bad thing if they did...it'd firm up the idea that action is happening behind the scenes)