Pablo Aimar joins Benfica

morgs

If there is any truth in the constant stream of fiction that this journo (all British journos to be fair) is coming out with, I still find it hard to believe that he will be earning an extravagant amount at Benfica compared to whatever we offered him.  Which leads me to believe he was a) only considering us for the massive pay day for average talent that we have come to represent in recent years or b) as a way of getting more from Rui Costa & Benfica.

If so, I hope he enjoys his retirement in Portugal.

If we sign him & really hope we do, can we please sign a DM who is 6ft+ & can jump.

http://soulhonky.com/candanny/basketball-2003-allstar-desmond.mason-dunk-lean%5B1%5D.jpg

?

Just saw this :laugh:

Desmond Mason is class, though. Never fulfilled his potential, but he's fun to watch.

His lack of a jump shot killed him.

Still got a good first step and attacks the rim though, as well as playing good defense.

Guest Jungle Barry

I'm using the new transfer principle of if we read anything in the paper about signing X player or Y player then it's bollocks

Man's an idiot.

Deals are tough to do these days, but it's worse when the expectations are high like they are at the Toon.

Oh yeah, our expectations are stopping us from signing these players that we probably don't have any interest in. Plonker.

At the end of the day if we are so willing and able to turn these guys down based on their wages then we must have a ton of other options who we feel we can go for instead.

Still not fretting the situation at all.

:aww:

he reckons the agent met us and left around 6 ish.

f*** off mate.

So while we spoke to his agent, Benfica went to Zaragoza to speak to club and player. Sack the board tbh...

His agent is probably Nicko.

Man's an idiot.

Deals are tough to do these days, but it's worse when the expectations are high like they are at the Toon.

Oh yeah, our expectations are stopping us from signing these players that we probably don't have any interest in. Plonker.

Wise: How about a 3 year deal, 70k p/w?

Aimar:  Unacceptable!  The expectations of your supporters are so high, I DEMAND 90k p/w!

Wullie giving it large on the BR forum.  :laugh:

And you knew by 20 to 7? Did you sit on the other side of the hotel lobby with a fake moustache on, reading a newspaper with eyeholes?

At the end of the day if we are so willing and able to turn these guys down based on their wages then we must have a ton of other options who we feel we can go for instead.

Still not fretting the situation at all.

:aww:

Good man. I'm pretty comfortable with our signings so far. Ok, Guthrie doesn't exactly get the pulses racing but Gutierrez is someone new and seemingly highly-rated, and the players we've been linked with so far have all been quality (Cuellar, Gomis, Gomez etc.), and because of the noises so far, I'm sure we'll end up with a decent squad come September 1st. Have faith in KK and the board.

Wullie giving it large on the BR forum.  :laugh:

And you knew by 20 to 7? Did you sit on the other side of the hotel lobby with a fake moustache on, reading a newspaper with eyeholes?

Didn't take them long to delete it.

Who is this Nikko lad anyway, this is all going over my head.  :undecided:

Alan Nixon, journalist for the Mirror and People. Posts on a Blackburn forum for those who believe him and the entertainment of everyone else.

Whatever you do Wull, don't swear over there. They'll edit it out, even attempts to circumvent the filter are edited out.

And they say we're bad.

Aye I clocked that earlier, ta. :thup:

Guest optimistic nit

Whatever you do Wull, don't swear over there. They'll edit it out, even attempts to circumvent the filter are edited out.

And they say we're bad.

tbh i dont think nickos thread would work if the forum wasnt like that. it needs a certain type of people.