Pablo Aimar joins Benfica

morgs

From Marca.

Aimar: "For now I am player of Saragossa"

The Argentine player Pablo Aimar said before departing with Real Zaragoza towards the concentration of preseason that take place in Covaleda (Soria), by far, was player of Real Zaragoza.

"I was boarding the bus and going to the preseason with my team is Real Zaragoza. Surely there are meetings that could determine if I am going to be or not, and I, for now, I'm Zaragoza player and I will travel to the preseason because the coach wants me go ", has highlighted the Argentine international. Aimar has explained that the timing for completing the move players on August 31 and, meanwhile, belongs to the team right away.

He also commented that if given the situation that continues to Real Zaragoza in what is going to do "without problems and with the same commitment as always," but he knows that there are efforts and meetings, but not only for him but also by other players.

Asked about whether he preferred to go to England or Portugal has said that he could not say anything. "Even those things are so strong," he said, and that is what they choose to go with his team preseason. The South American player believes that the transfers are part of their work and, hence, is not an inconvenience because they are used to it, despite the fact that situations in the family is well in a given place.

Good. Not one of these that wants to go somewhere for the weather. It is part of their work and you adjust and adapt.

Guest neesy111

From Marca.

Aimar: "For now I am player of Saragossa"

The Argentine player Pablo Aimar said before departing with Real Zaragoza towards the concentration of preseason that take place in Covaleda (Soria), by far, was player of Real Zaragoza.

"I was boarding the bus and going to the preseason with my team is Real Zaragoza. Surely there are meetings that could determine if I am going to be or not, and I, for now, I'm Zaragoza player and I will travel to the preseason because the coach wants me go ", has highlighted the Argentine international. Aimar has explained that the timing for completing the move players on August 31 and, meanwhile, belongs to the team right away.

He also commented that if given the situation that continues to Real Zaragoza in what is going to do "without problems and with the same commitment as always," but he knows that there are efforts and meetings, but not only for him but also by other players.

Asked about whether he preferred to go to England or Portugal has said that he could not say anything. "Even those things are so strong," he said, and that is what they choose to go with his team preseason. The South American player believes that the transfers are part of their work and, hence, is not an inconvenience because they are used to it, despite the fact that situations in the family is well in a given place.

Good. Not one of these that wants to go somewhere for the weather. It is part of their work and you adjust and adapt.

to me that sounds like it's all in his agent's hands tbh, he's told his agent find me another club

Will be interesting to see if this is completed in the next 48 hours. Will he choose us over a club with UEFA club football next season, and that has already started to invest significantly in strengthening the squad?

Will be interesting to see if this is completed in the next 48 hours. Will he choose us over a club with UEFA club football next season, and that has already started to invest significantly in strengthening the squad?

I really hope so

I still can't get my head around players being too old in the 25 - 28 bracket! to my mind this is the peak of your playing power and although I agree with bringing in potential talent if you want to improve quickly its the 25 - 28 year olds you need to bring in.

I know this will cost money by the way but are we really doing our shopping at LIDL's? it would appear so.

Yep. Ginola, Albert, Shearer, Lee, Batty, Ferdinand, Venison, Beresford, Asprilla, etc. were all in this age group or even older when Keegan bought them first time around, yet now they're too old...and yet NE5's tried convincing me it's the exact same league now as what it was then. Weird. I think Aimar would be a great buy, but he's going to Benfica so it's a non-starter.

they were all 28 ? and cheaper versions of younger versions ? No, I don't think so.

One minute you turn your nose up at "trophy" players and want younger ones.....the next you admit that the policy under Keegan to buy established stars is correct ? haha, you couldn't make it up. I knew when Keegan wanted some established players, they wouldn't be trophy players anymore.

mackems.gif

cheaper and older version of Modric. Par for the course with this board, its like turning the clock back 20 years

I'm sure that somebody somewhere will build a case for someone like Modric [whoever the f*** he is] to be a step forward for the football club and try to tell us all that shopping in this market is superior to the old board attempting to genuinely compete with the other top clubs for the top quality footballers, like the old board did

Unless of course you're a complete thick c*** who thinks that buying people a pint in a pub is preferable marketing strategy

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?s=&showtopic=17518&view=findpost&p=416148

Make your mind up.

:lol:

I really hope so

As do I.

cheaper and older version of Modric. Par for the course with this board, its like turning the clock back 20 years

I'm sure that somebody somewhere will build a case for someone like Modric [whoever the f*** he is] to be a step forward for the football club and try to tell us all that shopping in this market is superior to the old board attempting to genuinely compete with the other top clubs for the top quality footballers, like the old board did

Unless of course you're a complete thick c*** who thinks that buying people a pint in a pub is preferable marketing strategy

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?s=&showtopic=17518&view=findpost&p=416148

Make your mind up.

Make your mind up.

Pablo Aimar is one year older than Arshavin would you believe. Aimar used to be just as good, so if* we can find the old Aimar, it would belike signing Arshavin at a third of the price.

*'If' being the key part of the sentence.

All spanish reports are now saying it is up to him to pick between us or Benfica so one way or the other expect this deal to be done soon

link?

If it's all down to him he'll choose Benfica me thinks.

All spanish reports are now saying it is up to him to pick between us or Benfica so one way or the other expect this deal to be done soon

link?

Its in Spanish you still want it?

It? It? I want ALL spanish reports tbh

link?

If it's all down to him he'll choose Benfica me thinks.

Although the story for weeks is that he has been stalling on Benfica in case an English club wanted to come in for him.