Milner to Liverpool?

Guest Coubury

Problem is that if we sell Milner and bring in someone else we'll still only have one right sided winger.

If the Pennant stuff is true, and the Larsson stuff is true, then maybe we'll have two.

Fallen at the first hurdle? From the Liverpool Echo today, via NUFC.com:

The Reds have dismissed reports that Jermaine Pennant will be the makeweight in a player plus cash deal for Newcastles James Milner.

Newcastle have been in touch with Anfield officials, expressing interest in a couple of the Reds fringe players, but the Geordies are not interested in taking Pennant to the north east.

"There was no denial however of stories in the national press that Liverpool were interested in signing Milner..."

"Couple of the Reds' fringe players" = Crouch and Riise?

Forgot about Larsson actually. I still think we'll go with the diamond formation again next season.

Not happy if Milner goes to Liverpool tbh, i mean good enough for them and not for us? If KK ever wants to compete with the top 4 like he said he did then where is the reasoning in selling one of our players to a top 4 team?

Not happy if Milner goes to Liverpool tbh, i mean good enough for them and not for us? If KK ever wants to compete with the top 4 like he said he did then where is the reasoning in selling one of our players to a top 4 team?

Just because a top 4 team wants him doesn't mean he's top 4 standard.

Just because a top 4 team wants him doesn't mean he's top 4 standard.

Look at the last signing we made from a top 4 club.

Benitez wanting him doesn't mean shit. In his 4 years there the only attacking signing that has really come off is Torres.

If KK is on holiday then how are we meant to haver bid £6mill for Rangers keeper? either KK is being ignored by the club or the media are yet again trying to sell our players for us and then link us with replacements.

Wait a minute ... let me get this straight. So Milner actually has the nerve to ask for more money? Isn't he less than a year into a brand new contract? What the hell has he achieved in the last year?

I find this to be quite shocking and bordering on the absurd, in fact it is very absurd. Bog standard, average joe of a player. In all honesty he is quite rubbish. Get rid of him immediately.

Outrageous.

Wait a minute ... let me get this straight. So Milner actually has the nerve to ask for more money? Isn't he less than a year into a brand new contract? What the hell has he achieved in the last year?

I find this to be quite shocking and bordering on the absurd, in fact it is very absurd. Bog standard, average joe of a player. In all honesty he is quite rubbish. Get rid of him immediately.

Outrageous.

Are you that naive to believe any article written by an article with no quotes.

Outrageous.

Do papers typically make up stories about players seeking new contracts? Not sure I've seen that before.

Anyhow if this is not true then fair enough, but if it is true then the guy needs a number of very sharp slaps to the face, as he is totally undeserving of any more money and in fact he is probably undeserving of the money he is earning right now. Crazy talk.

Outrageous.

i think its outrageous you belived it, on what clearly is a slow news day, as it is everyday with newcastle at the moment because there simply isnt anything happening on the transfer front