Season Tickets due to arrive Thursday/Friday - see OP for latest

Crumpy Gunt

Is nobody else concerned that were trying to get funds in to the club like this?

What happens if Ashley sells up and takes 20k of season ticket seats for the next two years with him?

Why else would you offer such a deal, its not like were in dire needs of bums on seats.

Fishy.

Absolute nonsense mate.  Not going to happen.

So what is he doing then?

Securing three years of income, easing the cash flow etc.  No way he could disappear with the money tbh

By disappearing i mean spending the money at the club as in this seasons transfers, then having short incomes for the club in the future while he sells the club on.

I know he's paid off £75m of debt, and if he has he will get that back but there is nothing to say that money isn't even a loan that has to be paid back after the sale of the club.

So far its been a very disappointing performance from the new regime, not the picnic we all anticipated this time last year, just not sure of his intentions, this just smells wrong, he doesn't need to secure future incomes, were always going to have the seats sold, its the only constant the club has ever had, its stupid to offer reduced price for bulk. Idiotic in fact.

It had to be a decent enough deal to get the fans interested in it in the first place, & the club can put the money & the guarantee of it to a number of uses.

Its far from idiotic, its actually a really good idea.

What TT was getting it is that the seats would always have been sold anyway, but why do this now? Plus there isnt going to be as much income through ST sales in the next 2 seasons.

It had to be a decent enough deal to get the fans interested in it in the first place, & the club can put the money & the guarantee of it to a number of uses.

But there is no risk in us not having sold them, who needs a guarantee on something 99% sure?

What TT was getting it is that the seats would always have been sold anyway, but why do this now? Plus there isnt going to be as much income through ST sales in the next 2 seasons.

I know what he's getting at O0

The people paying the lot up front are letting the club have their money a full two years early.

Exactly what i'm saying, there really is no point or gain in all this, which makes me call into question his motives in all this.

Exactly what i'm saying, there really is no point or gain in all this, which makes me call into question his motives in all this.

Nah mate, you're just recreating the negativity you have done in the transfers thread in here :)

Do you really think they've taken the decision without weighing up the pros & cons of it. Of course there's a gain, otherwise why do it?  Unless you think they're doing it as a favour.

The cynic might say the discounted deals were being put in place to pacify people over the 10% increases in the ticket prices & offer them a way to avoid them.  You have to look at the bigger picture.

The decision will have been made by people who know what they are doing, certainly people with more business knowledge than those knocking it on here O0

EDIT: Are people really suggesting Ashley & his advisors doesn't know what they are doing in the world of discounted retail & marketing?

If you want to be really cynical you could look at the offer to attract people to commit to their season ticket for the next three years as a ploy to give Newcastle United, as a business, a better sale-ability.  Ashley has cleared the debt and made the club stable again, now he is securing income for the next three years making the club a nice "going concern" for anyone interested in buying it.

On the other hand it also makes good financial sense for him as owner to know that his investment is safe and will increase in value.

But there is no risk in us not having sold them, who needs a guarantee on something 99% sure?

banks and financial institutions

also i think we may see more attendances starting with the figure "4" than we have for a while.

also i think we may see more attendances starting with the figure "4" than we have for a while.

We saw sub 50k in 6 home league games the season before last, only one in the season just gone. Will be interesting to see how attendance are this coming season.

Has anyone tried renewing via the website?  Same as last year in that it doesn't work.  Load of crap!

even if it did work i wouldnt wanna risk it tbh, far too important to leave to chance

And instead you leave it to the Royal Mail?! :lol:

in all honesty i've been let down many many more times by the internet

The cynic might say the discounted deals were being put in place to pacify people over the 10% increases in the ticket prices & offer them a way to avoid them.  You have to look at the bigger picture.

this gets my vote. they're offering people a good deal now so that when they hike the prices over the next few seasons, they can point to the fact that they gave people the opportunity not to pay extra.

After giving it much deliberation I'm not renewing.

Will just get tickets from the box office for games I want to go to.

i was like that. my mate who sits next to me decided not to renew but another mate who was sitting on his tod elsewhere in the ground has took his seat over so i'm renewing. this may be my last season regardless of how well we do.

Well i had my own seat for 25 years and due to the cost had to go halfs with a mate last season ,i cannot afford my own half now and cannot find anyone for it so its on a selected games basis and the pub from now on ,its turned from a game i love into something of a monster with greed and making money from supporters the be all and end all no matter which way they try to package it  :weep:

Im sure ive read this before about the same time last year on here...............

Last season £583 for a ticket in the East Stand - this year £658.  Robbing gits.  Even Fat Fred had the decency to put a price freeze on ticket prices after a shite year.

Don't trust this pay up front scheme either - come one, come all for the great Newcastle United cash grab.  He's allegedly whinging about the size of the wage bill now, what's going to happen in two years when there's only a percentage of the season ticket money coming in.  Or is he hoping that the money comes flooding in with the six players or so that we have left winning the champions league over the next two years.

Ok just sat down with my dad to work out difference with last season. We sit in the Platinum club and we bought the seats for £15k a few years ago. Thus as we own the seats we had lower price tickets £730 last season. This season tickets are now £935 thats a 30% increase. Its a fucking joke, seats around us are more expensive as they down own their seat. I love going to the football, and my student ticket is £800 now (thats 10%) but the adult price rise is ridiculous.

Last season £583 for a ticket in the East Stand - this year £658.  Robbing gits.  Even Fat Fred had the decency to put a price freeze on ticket prices after a s**** year.

Why wouldn't he?  He got his 500,000 a year salary plus millions in dividends either way..

i dont want to sign up for 3 years purely because i dont know if i will be able to afford it for 3 years, plus, i might notlike the seat they move me to! BUT, i am scared that if i only sign up for 1 year, they will put the prices up massivley next year!

Last season £583 for a ticket in the East Stand - this year £658.  Robbing gits.  Even Fat Fred had the decency to put a price freeze on ticket prices after a s**** year.

Why wouldn't he?  He got his 500,000 a year salary plus millions in dividends either way..

Just using him as a model to compare the current regime against - one who it it widely regarded was taking out more than he put in freezes the prices after an appalling season, another raises ticket prices by around six times the official rate of inflation (or three times the real rate of inflation) after a season that made the Souness era look like a well organised outfit.

Just using him as a model to compare the current regime against - one who it it widely regarded was taking out more than he put in freezes the prices after an appalling season, another raises ticket prices by around six times the official rate of inflation (or three times the real rate of inflation) after a season that made the Souness era look like a well organised outfit.

He still took home his massive wages that year yes?  He still decided to pay himself dividends despite the s*** season yes?  Freezing ticket prices didn't really effect him did it?...

As long as the higher ticket prices go to helping the club financially rather then in to the chairmans back pocket then that's at least something.