Season Tickets due to arrive Thursday/Friday - see OP for latest

Crumpy Gunt

Did he mention the Platinum Club mate? I'm looking to get an ST there.

They were the most pissed off customers after the hike so there will be plenty of choice for you in that area.................YOU RICH BASTARD!!!! :razz:

People who have tickets in the Platinum Club had to pay a fee for the privilige when that area was created, which is why - up until this year - the seats were much cheaper than the bar seats that surrounded them.

This year the renewal has gone up to £935 and as a result a few people are chucking the tickets but, I think the box office lad said that they would be looking to sell their original stake (bond if you like) rather than simply not renew.

That said, there is a very good chance you could get a single seat in that area this season if you want it and can afford it.

Note: As a Premium Season Ticket holder you will automatically become a member of Newcastle United Club, this entitles you to purchase an additional match ticket up to 4 weeks before general sale and you get a members gift pack worth over £35.  Additionally, the love just doesn't end there, you get 10 issues of the Newcastle United Club Magazine which will launch this summer.

Guest Adu Who?

Just got a call from the BO - we have got all of our requested seats within the singing section itself. 

I have to admit, I was pleased, if a little shocked at actually getting our seats and actually being called back... :clap:

Utter shock compared to previous seasons.

nice one mate glad to hear it, who you sitting with this season then?

Singing section, ideally wanted to be in Leazes/Gallowgate but the other lads fancied giving this a try.  Plus I wont get some grouchy old fart in front of me whinging when I'm going mental!

Yourself?

still in the gallowgate mate, moved a few rows forward to get two seats together with me pa. i'll come and meet you lot for a drink before the match some time, definitely gonna go on as many away trips as i can afford this year too.

Aye, me and the lads are gonna try for the newly promoted teams, smogs, makems and maybes a London trip - ABillySwift is on the cards.  As for pre-match pintage, deffo matey.  We frequented City (shitty) vaults last season which was decent pre-match atmosphere :) 

Matty you'll do well to get yourself a smogs ticket like, usually need 15+ apps and we've apparently got a reduced amount this year. Hull will probably be 10+ away games due to small ground and the fact we haven't been before. Mackems you'll probably need 40+ away games under your belt.

Just got a call from the BO - we have got all of our requested seats within the singing section itself. 

I have to admit, I was pleased, if a little shocked at actually getting our seats and actually being called back... :clap:

Utter shock compared to previous seasons.

nice one mate glad to hear it, who you sitting with this season then?

Singing section, ideally wanted to be in Leazes/Gallowgate but the other lads fancied giving this a try.  Plus I wont get some grouchy old fart in front of me whinging when I'm going mental!

Yourself?

still in the gallowgate mate, moved a few rows forward to get two seats together with me pa. i'll come and meet you lot for a drink before the match some time, definitely gonna go on as many away trips as i can afford this year too.

Aye, me and the lads are gonna try for the newly promoted teams, smogs, makems and maybes a London trip - ABillySwift is on the cards.  As for pre-match pintage, deffo matey.  We frequented City (shitty) vaults last season which was decent pre-match atmosphere :)   

Matty you'll do well to get yourself a smogs ticket like, usually need 15+ apps and we've apparently got a reduced amount this year. Hull will probably be 10+ away games due to small ground and the fact we haven't been before. Mackems you'll probably need 40+ away games under your belt.

I have ways and means my friend!

Although my ticket might now have the required amount, it doesnt mean I cant get my hands on one from somewhere else ;)

Well, after much deliberation and another 40m wait on the phone to the box office, I have renewed. I'm moving to the east stand coz I'm an old bugger and seeing that my part time supporter mates have chucked in the towel, fancies a change! Quite pleased in the end that I got to move, more costly but a better seat.  From the sounds of things there are plenty going spare!

i phoned up today, looks like im going to renew too. In the gallogate, but asked about moving to the singing section, would save £130. I might need to do this for financial reasons, but dont really want to have a shite seat! Is it worth paying the extra £130 to sit in the upper tear of the gallogate?

Personally I like L7...Its not as shit as people make out!!!

Plus I quite like an atmosphere, which in all truth (without sounding cyncical or criticising other sections of the ground) is lacking elsewhere apart from the big matches.

I loved my seat in Level 7, liked the people around me and my mates were all sat together.  Problem was everyone of them decided not renew, the other folk I knew have been moved to the 1892 section (lucky b*ggers) and I have been moved to the singing section but its always a gamble when you are on your own and don't know what the folk around you will be like.  No offence to the younger folk but I didn't fancy it in  the chance I get sat with 20 teenagers who have been out on the lash since 11am! With young bairns and plenty of other committments, it won't be often when I will be in that state (more's the pity).

Another couple of mates sit in the East Stand so thought that would be the best option and it defo will be a better view though granted I don't think the atmosphere will be anywhere near L7 leazes.  Bl**dy expensive too mind and probably a lot worse next year as couldn't afford to go for the 3 years.

the Mrs is dreading this season. my mate who used to sit next to me packed in and his seat has been taken over by another mate who was sat on his own. problem is we have a habit of getting very hammered when we areb together,we are bad influences on each other......bring it on.

5 of us who sat in various areas of the gallowgate have managed to converge in 5 seats next to each other in the middle tier. Makes me think there's a lot of people who haven't renewed cos there's loads of choice if you want to move seats......

I had a phone call from the club earlier on tonight and was told that I can move to the family section with my nephew if I want.

I wasn't sure if I would get one as this will be his first season ticket.

From co.uk

Season Tickets 2008/09 - Latest News

Existing Season Ticket Holders

We are currently printing season cards for the 2008/09 season and are aiming for supporters to receive their new cards from 11 August in time for the first home game of the season against Bolton Wanderers on 23 August.

Any season ticket holder that signed up for the free cup scheme during the 2007/08 season that is entitled to a refund on the cost of their 2008/09 season ticket will receive a refund by early August.

New Applications

A limited number of season tickets will be released for general sale at 8am on Wednesday 30 July.For further information or to buy a 2008/09 season ticket call the Box Office on (0191) 2611571.

We've had a busy summer as we make St James' Park an even better place to watch football.From the start of the 2008/09 season the family area will move to Milburn Level 7 which will enable us to accommodate almost three times as many families as before.We have also created the Leazes Corner which is an area dedicated to those that want to sing and chant for the full 90 minutes.There's also a newly created bar, the Leazes Bar, in the Sir John Hall Stand.

Been trying to join the members club all morning - all servers busy

Not crashed once for me like, might be a different section though as I was just buying tickets.

I've been on the waiting list and i thought i would have had an application through by now. I want to sit in the Leazes corner. I rung up the box office the other day and they said i should get my application through any day now, but the problem is they go on general sale on Wednesday. I'm not sure what to do now though because i won't get the forms through until tomorrow dinner time at the earliest now so its not gonna reach them or get sorted before the tickets go on general sale. I'll be pissed off if i don't manage to get a seat in the corner because of them going on sale before my application has been processed giving the fact that i'm on the waiting list. Thought they would give people on the list a bit of time before putting them on general sale. They've took too long this summer over these season tickets. I'm going to have to ring them up again now and see what they say.

Got through to the box office. They've left things very late. It took me hours to get through to find out some information i don't think they made public. Season tickets for people on the waiting list go on sale tomorrow. They haven't even sent the applications out to people on the waiting list yet though (well i haven't got mine anyway). The woman told me to get the reference number of my ST and fill the forms in and hand them in tomorrow. Well how the bloody hell am i supposed to do that if i haven't got my forms through? She told me to just take just take my reference number and payment up if i don't get my application form tomorrow? Which reference number? The one of the application. What bloody application? So i had to get a reference number from over the phone of the woman. Why couldn't they have organised this a bit better? Not only did they not make this public, but they're putting them on sale to people on the waiting list when they haven't even got the forms required to buy one, and by the time they do arrive they will be on public sale anyway. It will probably be easy enough to get one anyway, but its not the point. Ametuers.

Guest neesy111

Got through to the box office. They've left things very late. It took me hours to get through to find out some information i don't think they made public. Season tickets for people on the waiting list go on sale tomorrow. They haven't even sent the applications out to people on the waiting list yet though (well i haven't got mine anyway). The woman told me to get the reference number of my ST and fill the forms in and hand them in tomorrow. Well how the bloody hell am i supposed to do that if i haven't got my forms through? She told me to just take just take my reference number and payment up if i don't get my application form tomorrow? Which reference number? The one of the application. What bloody application? So i had to get a reference number from over the phone of the woman. Why couldn't they have organised this a bit better? Not only did they not make this public, but they're putting them on sale to people on the waiting list when they haven't even got the forms required to buy one, and by the time they do arrive they will be on public sale anyway. It will probably be easy enough to get one anyway, but its not the point. Ametuers.

there hasn't been a waiting lists for years, they've never used 1, last season there was a few thousand tickets spare