Season Tickets due to arrive Thursday/Friday - see OP for latest

Crumpy Gunt

Guest chris1210

Ahhh i see, i thought they started earlier than today, silly me!

I'll be sure to post tonight what went wrong etc :p

I havent had a consultation yet, but had a ground tour at the weekend and they showed us the block we would be sitting in. Said they were hoping to give people seats in the same row as they are normally in and stuff. My only concern is how small the area is where the bar and kiosk is, its gona be totally cramped down there before the match and at half time

Guest chris1210

Just got back.

Pretty well organised in all honesty. You go to the glass milburn reception, to level 2. Theres a desk and waiting area and then someone comes to take you upto level 7 in the lift, to show you the seats that you have been chosen.

Me personally, im very happy with my seat...... row J, so only one back from where i was, and im pretty much bang centre of the entire curve, and i have to say, the view is pretty good, very pleased with it.

And that was it really..... it seems you shouldn't have posted your forms back if you had a consultation booked (even tho the letter said to), but that wasnt a problem, especially as me and my brother have gone with the seats chosen for us. Its very good that they take you up to your seat tho, i had horrible visions of being shown where im sitting on a little diagram...

Bloke said a good 80% of people are understanding and happy, with the other chunk either hacked off, or just preferring to whinge to see what they can get out of them.

Im in the strange position (for me) of being able to afford the 3 year deal, but will not take the option.Thats because i believe that i should get the interest the bank will pay me on my money as opposed to giving it to Ashley so he can gain on 3 years of my money.Sooner rather than later theres going to be a recession in this country and sooner rather than later football will have to come to terms with the oldest economic truth What goes up must come down.The inflated economic bubble that football has enjoyed these past few years can no more survive the cold winds of economic reality than you or i can.With food , petrol , inflation etc going up sooner or later people start to look at £500 + to watch what is mostly average players playing average football as a waste of their hard earned cash.Perhaps a football recession is what the game needs for it to come back down to earth in terms of wages for players and prices for fans.

A nice idea, but wholly inaccurate unfortunately. 

The interest you'll earn in the next 24 months isn't going to be more than the saving you could have made by paying for 3 years up front.  The prices of the tickets also won't be coming down in the next 24 months either.  The football recession certainly won't be happening.  Why would it?

wasn't happy with the seats they allocated (finally got a restricted view in row f - the railings at the bottom of the stairs), so asked what else were available.

He checked on his radio, we tried a few different seats before settling on row d of lvl 7, even tried down on lvl 4 (but didn't like the view).

Must say they were very helpful.

Still pissed at having to move seats though.

I paid in advance for the coming season. Our tickets are cheaper than what i paid and i'm due a refund.

At the viewing of our new seats yesterday, the NUFC staff member  informed me this refund isn't quite as big as i'd expected.

Seems i misunderstood. I didn't realise that unless you took up the price freeze option, this coming seasons ticket would cost 10% more than it would if you paid for next season only. I thought the increase  only applied the following 2 seasons.

I told them i didn't want to take up the price freeze, but on thinking about it, i may get in touch tomorrow and tell them i've changed my mind. If it's possible of course.

I wonder what happens if you commit to the 10 monthly direct debit payments and you have a dip in fortune and become skint?

Will ask them Tomorrow.

I am waiting to hear what is available for a voluntary move as well.  I made it very clear in my accompanying letter that I sent with the forms (mine and my dads) that if we did not get a move to one of the six areas in the ground that I requested that we would not be renewing at all.

Out of interest I put down the following areas:

1) Milburn Paddock - Catagory 1 cost (£658)

2) East Stand - Cat 1 area first followed by Cat 2 area (both £658) - specified as close to the back of this stand as possible due to the sun that shines over the Milburn Stand.

3) South West Corner - Catagory 4 (£543)

4) South East Corner - As above

5) Gallogate - Catagory 3 (£543)

How do you rate the chances of getting into one of the preferred areas?  I guess that I am really hoping for seats in the East Stand if I am honest.

I requested to be moved next to my two mates into the singing section, if not, I wanted a single seat in Gallowgate or Leazes as up where I am currently (one block of L7 Milburn) the prices are EXACTLY the same as sitting in the afore mentioned stands...to hell with that. 

I put my contact details down, and a covering letter stating exactly what I wanted, along with CC number et al and submitted them along with the other 2 lads.  Still not heard anything about it, no money has been taken out.

Any one heard anything of what I presume would be classed as voluntary moves? 

Guest neesy111

I requested to be moved next to my two mates into the singing section, if not, I wanted a single seat in Gallowgate or Leazes as up where I am currently (one block of L7 Milburn) the prices are EXACTLY the same as sitting in the afore mentioned stands...to hell with that. 

I put my contact details down, and a covering letter stating exactly what I wanted, along with CC number et al and submitted them along with the other 2 lads.  Still not heard anything about it, no money has been taken out.

The Club has 35-40k applications to process, be patient

i did a similar thing mate, included a covering letter saying i wanted an additional seat and that i'd be prepared to move to certain areas to get two together etc

still heard nowt, guess they just haven't got round to that part of the applications yet.

What Ashley could consider is to include a statement of intent in the season ticket packs. Not announce it in public, not involve the press (it'd get out anyway), but address the various issues/lies doing the rounds to his customers directly. Explain his plans for the club, and try to settle his core support where required.