The Shola Ameobi thread

Crumpy Gunt

He'll have a hard job scoring goals from the bench. With the other strikers all returning soon he won't be starting many matches after tomorrow.

a monkey knows he's not good enough to start, JFK on the other hand

He'll have a hard job scoring goals from the bench. With the other strikers all returning soon he won't be starting many matches after tomorrow.

a monkey knows he's not good enough to start, JFK on the other hand

Agreed. What would Ron Atkinson describe him as?

Blatantly here for life. :lol:

We'll get 7 more years of the same sort of carry-on from him, in about 3 years time when his contract is up again we'll re-sign him for a bit of squad depth. Then he'll come of the bench to score an injury time winner in the 2016 FA Cup Final in his last game for the club, finally ending our long wait for a trophy.

And it'll be epic.

I think Shola will start banging in goals once his injuries clear up and he'll become the regular England player we all know he's capable of becoming.

He just needs a run in the side to harness the potential that we all know he has.

He just needs a run in the side to harness the potential that we all know he has.

Exactly, and to think some people write him off before he has a chance to shine, we should be ashamed of ourselves.

I know we have issues across the squad but he is the worst forward I have seen in a black and white shirt since Guivarche! Stoke in the Championship didnt want him, why do we persist? Loyalty, nostalgia, desperation? Are Xisco and Carrol that bad?

He hasn't played many games over the last 2 years and he has only just got back from injury and was not fit in the Sunderland game.  This could contribute to why he hasn't played so well.

That's me being nice to him.  :aww:

I know he's being picked because he can rough up the opposition a bit, but he has been very poor on the ball.  I felt he was quite good at holding up the ball and laying it on in the first half against West Brom SOME of the time, but he rapidly got worse and the second half he was terrible.  I recall at one point it being 2 vs 2 and he had an easy diagonal through ball to play and he fucked it up. 

We've got him for another 3 years, I can't see him being sold under Kinnear.  I just hope he only gets played as cover as he shouldn't get 90 minutes on the pitch, we have other players who can do a better job than him and contribute more.

He hasn't played many games over the last 2 years and he has only just got back from injury and was not fit in the Sunderland game.  This could contribute to why he hasn't played so well.

That's me being nice to him.  :aww:

I know he's being picked because he can rough up the opposition a bit, but he has been very poor on the ball.  I felt he was quite good at holding up the ball and laying it on in the first half against West Brom SOME of the time, but he rapidly got worse and the second half he was terrible.  I recall at one point it being 2 vs 2 and he had an easy diagonal through ball to play and he f***ed it up. 

We've got him for another 3 years, I can't see him being sold under Kinnear.  I just hope he only gets played as cover as he shouldn't get 90 minutes on the pitch, we have other players who can do a better job than him and contribute more.

he is a plodding carthorse and nothing but a bone idle muppet, whereby  the biggest and fattest kid always gets bashed up and in the last couple of games he has certainly been bashed up, how can a 5stone weakling take the ball from him and he bounces off like he did yesterday, he appears to bel ost on the pitch doesn't where to go or what to do .

He's those kind of player that needs confidence to perform.  Fair play to the lad that he does tried his best every moment to fight against relegation and he's definitely better than Smith.

However, this should be his last season and I'll pick Carroll ahead of him any time.