The Shola Ameobi thread

Crumpy Gunt

Probably the luckiest footballer in our clubs history. I bet he demands the bank deliver the thousands he makes a week directly to his house so he can throw it up in the air and laugh all night.

Laughing all the way to the bank, funded by our pockets, makes me sick..

Guest firetotheworks

He's the only player Ive ever known to have been at their peak when they were desperate for a hip operation. That tells you all you need to know.

Guest eltsacwen

Shola is the definition of a free rider. He picks up huge wages and gives nothing back. This has been going on for way to long. I can't believe that we signed him for 3 more years

Guest firetotheworks

It's not even worth discussing any more. We're going down and next season this clown will be one of our best players.

Dave thinks were going down!

:frantic:

Guest Heneage

It's not even worth discussing any more. We're going down and next season this clown will be one of our best players.

That's the spirit, fuck the 6 games to play, the ship has sunk, what hope is there, the other teams are all in brilliant form and will in no way slip up.

That's the spirit, f*** the 6 games to play, the ship has sunk, what hope is there, the other teams are all in brilliant form and will in no way slip up.

Which statement is more pessimistic? :undecided:

Can you imagine the chant of Shola Shola Shola in the Championship!

Unironically being sung by the opposition maybe.

He was woeful yesterday; least he didn't cry off injured. Carroll will get in ahead of him now which is a positive. If he does have to come in any remaining games, do not boo him; you are booing the whole team & if Shola is on, we are most likely losing.

Newcastle United boss Alan Shearer will try to get the most from striker Shola Ameobi.

“It is up to me to get the Shola we see in training out on a Saturday," Shearer told the Evening Chronicle. “I do not have much time to do that, but I will try.

“On the training ground, and in games at times, he's a big asset to us, but he has to produce on a Saturday what we see every day.”

:weep: :no: :banghead: :mystery:

When will they give up ??

he was absolutely shite, but more effective than Owen

you're right he did have more of an "effect" on the game seeing as Faye's goal was largely his fault.

Guest Howaythetoon

Shola at least won 3 balls in the air in the first half

Owen won 4 that I counted, one against Faye. He also passed the ball a few times, got in the box, got behind Stoke twice and kept coming deep to help out midfield/shorten the gap between midfield and attack which at times was fucking huge.

Guest Heneage

If he starts next week its a joke and shocking on Carroll who was twice the player he was yesterday. I don't care if he looks like Pele's successor in training, games is where it counts and in those he's just not producing.

We all want to back Shearer, and get out of this, and hope he turns out to be the new Brian Clough, and we know he can only work with what he's got, and we know he's shit hot in training  :coolsmiley:..........but he should know by now that he just doesn't do it on the pitch.

I was looking through some old video clips recently, and now and again, when he was younger - under Bobby Robson - he did look half decent sometimes but he has sat back and gone backwards, massively backwards. He must rate now as among the really worst strikers we have had in the last 40 years, sitting alongside the likes of Rob McDonald, Billy Rafferty, Tony Cunningham and George Reilly. And I'm probably being unkind to those 4, because although none of them were really any good, at least they stuck to the task and imposed a physical presence.

The way he won the corner and scored with the header from it against the mackems this season at the SOS is sadly, what he ought to have been doing all his career.

Fuck off. I just hope they gave you a contract to make sure we get a fee. Its Carrol above you now lad.