The Shola Ameobi thread

Crumpy Gunt

Shola played reasonably at the beginning of Roeders full season in charge up until his hip injury.

Don't know about that.

I remember his goal against Everton (in October I think) so well.

- Roeder talks pre game about how in training the players have been working hard all week on not being offside with the way Everton had been pushing up on free kicks against them.

- FK to us in the game ball goes in. Everton defence pushes up. Shola manages to be static and still a good 2 yards off even before Everton defenders had moved. Heads it. And the linesman doesn't flag :lol:

Still been doing it since. The amount of free kicks in our own half lobbed up to him where he's managed to be flagged offside just last season must be a world record.

Shola played reasonably at the beginning of Roeders full season in charge up until his hip injury.

Don't know about that.

I remember his goal against Everton (in October I think) so well.

- Roeder talks about how in training the players having been working hard all week on not being offside with the way Everton had been pushing on free kicks against them.

- FK to us in the game ball goes in. Everton defence pushes up. Shola manages to be static and still a good 2 yards off even before Everton defenders had moved. Heads it. And the linesman doesn't flag :lol:

Aye I remember that, 1-1 in the end I think.

He definitely wasn't prolific, but he scored a few goals and didn't look a total liability.. I have no idea what we'd have done that season if Martins had got an injury tho.

Roeder always seemed to coax something approaching a performance out of Shola like.

until he got the job full-time

he had about 2 goals from 15 games before the injury, right?

Guest Heneage

Shola would be markably improved if a manager took hm and worked on his strengths and got the team playing to them. OTT won't work, running onto won't he needs it out wide with the chance to run at his man and to feet.

Roeder always seemed to coax something approaching a performance out of Shola like.

Well I wasn't too sure after you posted that so I checked it out and according to Wiki* he made 13 appearances that season with 3 of them as a sub and scored 5 goals before injury.

*Yeah, I know

Well I wasn't too sure after you posted that so I checked it out and according to Wiki* he made 13 appearances that season with 3 of them as a sub and scored 5 goals before injury.

*Yeah, I know

I only remember the offside goal against Everton and the goal on day one against Wigan for that entire season. No way is it 5 goals

FFS thats this forum alover, I brought this thread back to praise Shola for how he played yesterday and in no time it go's straight back to Shola hating.

Come on man, he's utter garbage.

*Yeah, I know

I only remember the offside goal against Everton and the goal on day one against Wigan for that entire season. No way is it 5 goals

Oh right, couldn't have happened then could it, Oracle?

Sure he scored a few in Europe.

FFS thats this forum alover, I brought this thread back to praise Shola for how he played yesterday and in no time it go's straight back to Shola hating.

Am not saying he is class BUT he played well yesterday and deserves praise for that, its jutst so fkn negative on here all the time.

*Yeah, I know

Oh right, couldn't have happened then could it, Oracle?

Sure he scored a few in Europe.

In 06/07 Shola scored five goals; two against Lillestrom away in the Intertoto, one against Wigan at home, one against Everton at home, and one against Bolton at home.

Am not saying he is class BUT he played well yesterday and deserves praise for that, its jutst so fkn negitive on here all he time.

Based on what?

Am not saying he is class BUT he played well yesterday and deserves praise for that, its jutst so fkn negative on here all the time.

Totally with you on everything in this post.

Am not saying he is class BUT he played well yesterday and deserves praise for that, its jutst so fkn negitive on here all he time.

Based on what?

That was a great goal he scored.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I know its not much considering the whole team has changed so often, and he's one of the longest standing members of the squad now but....

He's currently the Toon's all time top goal scorer in Europe - based on those still active...

I predict he won't even get near 10 goals this season even if he played all League games. In the Prem he's outclassed, in the Championship he'll get out-muscled and outsmarted.

I predict he won't even get 10 this season even if he played all League games. In the Prem he's outclassed, in the Championship he'll get out-muscled and outsmarted.

That wouldn't necessarily mean anything about Shola though. It's our midfield that our hideously shit.

Based on what?

That was a great goal he scored.

It was alright but that says nowt about how he played. Someone who was actually at the game said he was dreadful. Asking people to praise him for scoring a goal against a bunch of no-marks in a friendly is a bit much iyam.

It was only last summer we went to Hartlepool and Duff scored a hat trick and suddenly "he's back baby!" when he'd actually been utter shit other than the goals.

• 2 weeks later...