Aaron Spear

Dokko

Guest Deep456

Well if he really is the new Wayne Rooney we can expect him to be starting for the first team by the end of the season :)

May not be a massive signing but a very good young player, well done to us for beating the rest to him..

We are also after 18 year old defender Joe Mattock from Leicester but Everton are supposed to be leading the chase..

May not be a massive signing but a very good young player, well done to us for beating the rest to him..

We are also after 18 year old defender Joe Mattock from Leicester but Everton are supposed to be leading the chase..

Mentioned him a few months ago. Would be good cover for Enrique, only 18...but as you say looks like Everton will get him.

Guest teepee

this is a good thing, but it doesnt really help us now. but with the likes of zamb., spear, tozer, that hungarian, krul etc in the reserves, we may save a bit of money in the future...

Joe Mattock has looked really good for leicester all season, despite them going down..been to a lot of their games and he has been leicester's best player on several occasions...could see him turning out to be a great player, sign him up! Also, we've got good old Nigel Pearson to sway the lad to tyneside! :)

Mentioned him a few months ago. Would be good cover for Enrique, only 18...but as you say looks like Everton will get him.

He looked good at leicester, would be good backup for enrique.

Skysports.com understands Newcastle have won the race for Plymouth teenager Aaron Spear.

Spear has been one of the most sought-after young players in the country after impressing in Plymouth's youth teams.

A number of Premier League sides including Arsenal, Portsmouth and Everton have been tracking the 15-year-old but Newcastle have stolen a march on their rivals by luring the prodigious striker to Tyneside.

Spear held talks with Newcastle Executive Director Dennis Wise earlier this month and the teenager has plumped for the Magpies ahead of other clubs.

The youngster's mum, Caroline Spear, has confirmed the highly-rated youngster has agreed a deal to join Newcastle after being impressed by what they had to offer him.

"Aaron has agreed to join Newcastle and now we are waiting on the two clubs to agree a fee," Spear told skysports.com.

"We spent a couple of days up in Newcastle and met with Dennis Wise and we were very impressed by what he had to offer.

"A number of clubs had expressed an interest in Aaron, but he has decided he wants to go to Newcastle.

"We are very proud of him and we are excited about his future at Newcastle."

All that is required for the deal to be concluded is for the two clubs to agree a fee for the striker.

Spear is currently on schoolboy terms with the Pilgrims and the club would be entitled to receive a fee when he makes the move to St James' Park.

Really excited about this one, just the level of interest and that we've finally beat someone to a player, a player with apparent potential and very highly regarded.

I wonder how close he is to bit appearances? He's just turned 16 hasn't he? Could be our Youngest Prem player if we bring him on next season for a few minutes, it would be great if he realy is the next Rooney.

Really excited about this one, just the level of interest and that we've finally beat someone to a player, a player with apparent potential and very highly regarded.

I wonder how close he is to bit appearances? He's just turned 16 hasn't he? Could be our Youngest Prem player if we bring him on next season for a few minutes, it would be great if he realy is the next Rooney.

Not expecting much then? :lol:

How am i expecting anything? Just saying it would be nice to see him in action early.

How am i expecting anything? Just saying it would be nice to see him in action early.

I was talking about the Rooney comment... I was also joking.

I was talking about the Rooney comment... I was also joking.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell that's not my label, just one that the media are using, just got a tad excited at the sound of us signing the next Rooney!

(Fingers crossed the deal goes through) i reckon we will see him next season as a sub though, well i'm hoping rather than expecting. ;)