Aaron Spear

Dokko

15 year old Pymouth striker labelled as the next Wayne Rooney is apparently on his was to the Toon for £1m.

Wise capture btw.

A few places reporting this, but none of the with any decent rep, but it could be a possibility.

1 million on a 15 yearold seems daft

Only way we're going to get the superstars of tomorrow (I hate myself for using that term) really these days. £1m isn't much really these days, and if we get lucky and unearth the next Wayne Rooney then it's one of the best pieces of business ever.

Low risk- high reward strategy, definitely worth taking the chance on a few lads like this.

1 million on a 15 yearold seems daft

That'll be the final figure, not the initial payment.  Spurs signed Leigh Mills from Swindon for "£1m" but the initial payment was £50k, another £100k when he signed a professional contract, and assorted add-ons after that for debut, appearances, international honours etc etc.  I would guess that Newcastle's offer is along those lines.

Guest nufc_geordie

Very sound business strategy and the only way Newcastle can and will develop in the future. For years we have thrown money after money and done nothing. By building from the base up we will have the structure in a few years time to be able to make one or two big money transfers whilst integrating youngsters that we have developed into the first team. This is a much more sensible approach than spending 30, 40 or in Sunderlands case 50 million on 5 million pound players trying to make a better team. It is a much more stable approach.

for fucks sake.

why dont we sign ronaldinho/henry instead of kids?

what are our scouts doing? are they f***ing blind man?

f***ing tossers.

is that a windup?

what do you think!

We're signing players younger than me now, i'm getting old.  :'(

Our whole transfer policy is apparently based on signing players younger than me so you can fuck right off :lol: