Aaron Spear

Dokko

May start off with an innocent comment about hoping he makes the grade nice and early, but you just know that six months down the line an army of posters led by Sir Harold of Norway will be demanding his instant placement into the first team ahead of Alan Smith.

May start off with an innocent comment about hoping he makes the grade nice and early, but you just know that six months down the line an army of posters led by Sir Harold of Norway will be demanding his instant placement into the first team ahead of Alan Smith.

I'd sign up to that tbf!

I'd sign up to that tbf!

Someone else in ahead of Alan Smith, yes.

Piling all the expectation on a 16 year old, no.

I'd sign up to that tbf!

You could have picked a much better example though!

The expectation of not being a completely useless twat, you mean? You're right, though, the boy might find it a bit unambitious.

I'm glad we're building a youth team with some highly rated players from across Europe. Even if only one ends up making the first team for us, it's worth it overall. The rest will probably earn back their costs if they move elsewhere.

I don't see why anyone would have a problem with this policy, provided of course we do what needs doing with the first team right now.

:thup:

I'd sign up to that tbf!

what if he's a total rooney-esque genius when he turns up?

I'd sign up to that tbf!

Then we won the lottery, but otherwise, I wouldn't expect to see him in the first team for another four~five years at least.

I'd sign up to that tbf!

Then we won the lottery, but otherwise, I wouldn't expect to see him in the first team for another four~five years at least.

agreed, just saying like...if he's shit hot throw the little tinker in from time to time, couldn't be worse than smith or duff

I'd sign up to that tbf!

agreed, just saying like...if he's shit hot throw the little tinker in from time to time, couldn't be worse than smith or duff

The trouble is though that we wouldn't know whether he is shit hot or not, and that is where the problem lies.

I've seen it before on here, people clamouring for an untried youngster against the manager's judgement as an alternative to dross currently being served up on to the pitch. Hasn't signed yet and people are already talking about him making the team in one year.

Fact is that with all this clamour, should he come on as a 19 year old sub and merely show a few good touches, people will write him off.

I wouldn't want to be trying to develop as a player in this pressure cooker.

I'd sign up to that tbf!

The trouble is though that we wouldn't know whether he is shit hot or not, and that is where the problem lies.

I've seen it before on here, people clamouring for an untried youngster against the manager's judgement as an alternative to dross currently being served up on to the pitch. Hasn't signed yet and people are already talking about him making the team in one year.

Fact is that with all this clamour, should he come on as a 19 year old sub and merely show a few good touches, people will write him off.

age old question though isn't it in football?  do you throw them in and risk destroying their confidence or do you keep them out of the firing line and risk stunting their development?

I'd sign up to that tbf!

agreed, just saying like...if he's s*** hot throw the little tinker in from time to time, couldn't be worse than smith or duff

The trouble is though that we wouldn't know whether he is s*** hot or not, and that is where the problem lies.

age old question though isn't it in football?  do you throw them in and risk destroying their confidence or do you keep them out of the firing line and risk stunting their development?

whatever happened to old enough if good enough?

didn't seem to hurt owen or rooney very much

I'm glad we're building a youth team with some highly rated players from across Europe. Even if only one ends up making the first team for us, it's worth it overall. The rest will probably earn back their costs if they move elsewhere.

I don't see why anyone would have a problem with this policy, provided of course we do what needs doing with the first team right now.

:thup:

I agree, I think it's an excellent thing that we're signing youth players, but the first ream really needs some work. I expect to see people coming in, I just hope it isn't an anticlimax after all the Modric/Arshavin/Gomis/Turan talk.

Now im confused. Surely they would both know so how can both bits of info be different?

Does your mates dad own a stall outside the ground? Mine doesn't so if yours does you are probably right :(

Now im confused. Surely they would both know so how can both bits of info be different?

Does your mates dad own a stall outside the ground? Mine doesn't so if yours does you are probably right :(

He does, but its outside Exeter's ground.  Will that make a difference?

Guest Deep456

He does, but its outside Exeter's ground.  Will that make a difference?

160 days+ online sheesh.