Mike Ashley To Be More Hands On

Skirge

I know KK and Terry Mac were going to New York for four days. Is it beyond all realms of possibility that he may have taken a peek at Jozy Altidore?

Might've done but he's gone to Villareal so he was wasting his time.

I know KK and Terry Mac were going to New York for four days. Is it beyond all realms of possibility that he may have taken a peek at Jozy Altidore?

Over there Looking to replace Northern Rock with new sponsor.  Next season we will become the Newcastle Red bulls. :angry:

Might've done but he's gone to Villareal so he was wasting his time.

:lol:

Guest shaun11177

I cannot see KK agreeing to any restrictions on the ages of players he buys nor can i see the club sitting there waiting to get into the transfer market all saying to each other-crikey is Kev back from his hols yet, nor can i see the club turning down 6m for Smith if it came along.

As for Ashley been more hands on, he said that in an interview with The Times just after Allardyce got sacked.

I cannot see KK agreeing to any restrictions on the ages of players he buys nor can i see the club sitting there waiting to get into the transfer market all saying to each other-crikey is Kev back from his hols yet, nor can i see the club turning down 6m for Smith if it came along.

As for Ashley been more hands on, he said that in an interview with The Times just after Allardyce got sacked.

You'll never get a job at the papers talking like that.

A long-term approach. Well, that's a novelty, at any rate.

Aye, was so sick of those short term fixes like extending the stadium, building new academy and training facilities, and buying and holding onto one of the world's best strikers at 25 and one of the Premiership's best keepers over the years at 21. Don't forget the purchase of the European young player of the year - he wasn't going to stay young player of the year for long was he! Yet again we bought a player on the way down! Why didn't we simply buy him before he was European young player of the year and then sell him when he reached his peak!

:rant:

Roll on the Ashley revolution where the owner dictates the transfer policy to maximise player resale value ahead of team performance, and lets have more of the long term thinking of hoovering up future ticket revenues into big Mike's pocket.

:clap:

What the hell has stadium enlargement got to do with transfer policy UV?  How about buying numerous players in there late twenties to early thirties for millions upon millions on massive wages and long contracts?  How about racking up £80 million of debt?, long term-ism that was it?

I agree 100% with the policy apparently being taken.  If you're going to spend big money on a player then you should try to find someone with quality who's young enough to play for the club for years but still have plenty of resale value should they want to leave or you want to sell them.  Its no good spending £10 million on a 29 year old and paying him £60,000 on a 4 year contract.  That's £22 million you're never going to see again on a player who might end up failing anyway.  We should certainly be open to any age of player at the right price and the right wages, but when looking to spend big we've got to look at young up and coming players IMO.

Guest optimistic nit

that shit arguement "don't critisise me, its a free country, i have rights goddammit" needs to fuck off.

How about not telling people what they can and can't comment on?

It's fucking laborious though.

We all know exactly what UV and NE5 have to say on the matter, we all know OzzieMandas will come and set it all off or keep it going with inflammatory one-liners, we all know the likes of yourself and others will argue against the old board... it's been done so many times we know exactly what the craic will be every single time.

Apologies to the other usual suspects I haven't named, but the same goes for you too (although I appreciate that a lot of you have stopped the shite recently). We know where everyone stands on this, we know none of you will change your minds, that's why it's such a waste of time.

How about focusing on the future, rather than the past?

I don't know what UV has to say on the matter at all, I don't normally get involved.  Just saw his comments and disagreed.. didn't realise at the time I was commiting a crime on this oh so up tight forum :)  I think some people honestly spend to much time here, me included on occasion.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/06/11/ashley-steps-up-united-control-61634-21055602/

Ashley steps up United control

Jun 11 2008 by Luke Edwards, The Journal

The Journal can also reveal that, while the Magpies have still not made any progress in the transfer market this summer, it is understood this will change when Keegan returns from holiday in a fortnights time,

I'm sorry but this bit really pisses me off. How long has had been on holiday for godness sake !! And it's still no where near over.