What happened at Newcastle wasn't down to me

Dave

What does "everyone" know that i don't know? I feel i'm out of the loop. :undecided:

Me too. I don't really know what he's getting at.

As Wullie says, most of the players he bought were made to work by Keegan. It's not like people started off saying we were right to sack him then were proved wrong.

To be fair he had 22 games - obviously made some silly mistakes but id hardly say he was a failure. Bare in mind Keegan didnt nothing agsint opponents in the top half, hardly enough evidence to suggest that he was a guarantued failure - definitiely no evidence to suggest Keegan will be a guranateed success. Bit of a red herring, that.

Keegan came in with moral and orginisation at rock bottom with a run of games against the best in the league.  Bit of a big ask to expect him to turn things around to the point were we're getting results from the likes of Arsenal, Manure, Chelsea, Villa or Everton.. The teams we needed to get results from were the teams around us and we did that.  Under that fat c*** we couldn't even beat Derby or Stoke.  He made us into a f***ing awful team, a shambles, that's failure in my book..

Ok....no doubt it was an incredibly poor start, but the general consensus amongst the fans were that he may of suceeded eventually - even today i bet there'd be some people who would admit that he may of suceeded eventually, hardly the definition of failure. Same cant be said for someone like Souness- now thats the definition of failure.

I know a lot of fans thought that for a time.  But I think just about everyone had given him up as a failure in his last few games.  He may not have been quite as much of a failure as Souness (honestly its a close call, but I suppose Souness was backed with much more money..) but I still don't see how his time here was anything but a failure.

I think everyone realises now that what happened at Newcastle wasn't down to me" Allardyce said

Amazing. They say your memory can reconstruct painful events to make them more palatable. Sam has just proved it beyond doubt for me.

What does "everyone" know that i don't know? I feel i'm out of the loop. :undecided:

As Wullie says, most of the players he bought were made to work by Keegan. It's not like people started off saying we were right to sack him then were proved wrong.

To be fair he had 22 games - obviously made some silly mistakes but id hardly say he was a failure. Bare in mind Keegan didnt nothing agsint opponents in the top half, hardly enough evidence to suggest that he was a guarantued failure - definitiely no evidence to suggest Keegan will be a guranateed success. Bit of a red herring, that.

Keegan came in with moral and orginisation at rock bottom with a run of games against the best in the league.  Bit of a big ask to expect him to turn things around to the point were we're getting results from the likes of Arsenal, Manure, Chelsea, Villa or Everton.. The teams we needed to get results from were the teams around us and we did that.  Under that fat c*** we couldn't even beat Derby or Stoke.  He made us into a f***ing awful team, a shambles, that's failure in my book..

Ok....no doubt it was an incredibly poor start, but the general consensus amongst the fans were that he may of suceeded eventually - even today i bet there'd be some people who would admit that he may of suceeded eventually, hardly the definition of failure. Same cant be said for someone like Souness- now thats the definition of failure.

What are you going on about man?!

There's no doubt in my mind that had Allardyce been our manager until the end of the season we would have been relegated. Now that's the definition of failure!!!

Guest DazzaNufc1892

used to respect this guy, and if im honest, wanted him to stay, but hes starting to piss even me off now with his constant bitching and whining

Guest optimistic nit

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11676_3694241,00.html

Sam Allardyce has urged a Premier League chairman to give him the opportunity to return to management.

Allardyce has been out of the game since his brief stint as Newcastle boss came to an end in January.

He was only appointed by the Magpies last summer after building a reputation for himself at Bolton, but he fell short of expectations at St James' Park.

Allardyce believes he received unfair criticism following his departure from Newcastle and has insisted he is among the very best managers in the country.

"I don't consider myself to have failed and I think everyone realises now that what happened at Newcastle wasn't down to me," Allardyce said in The People.

"At every club I've ever been at from the earliest days in Ireland with Limerick I've always taken them forwards and Newcastle was just an unfortunate experience.

Refreshed

"I've had five months off now and I've enjoyed what's basically been my first break from the game in 14 years, and I've used it to the maximum."

Allardyce is itching to get back into the Premier League and has been strongly with the vacant job at Blackburn.

Blackburn have consistently challenged for European qualification in recent seasons and Allardyce has been tipped as the man to take the club forward.

"I feel I'm ready for that chance and I'm comfortable knowing that when people do look at the record in the Premier League, it stands comparison with the best," he explained.

"If my stats are still correct Bolton were the fifth most consistent team in the Premier League during those four years.

"I just hope a chairman will give me the opportunity to take myself and their club to the next level. I'm ready for more success."

:nope:

i've got a feeling that the whole article could have been condesed to the 4 words "Blackburn have rejected me".

What are you going on about man?!

There's no doubt in my mind that had Allardyce been our manager until the end of the season we would have been relegated. Now that's the definition of failure!!!

Well theres no doubt in my mind he was gonna go on a 16 game winning streak and win the league. Now that's the definition of success.

:razz:

In SA defence I will say he was up against after the new owners took over and never fancied him as a manager in the first place.

But he done himself no favors in keeping the job.

The more he comes out with shit like that the more he makes himself a laughing stock, its his fault what went on here and no one else's he needs to learn to take the blame for the mess he left behind.

"If my stats are still correct Bolton were the fifth most consistent team in the Premier League during those four years.

Ah, the beautiful stats! :knuppel2:

He must love american sports.

If we had appointed keegan last summer, he would looked at the squad and thought, these lads are good enough and not bought anyone. Then we would have definitely gone down, blah blah blah.

No one and i repeat NO-ONE was talking about relegation when Sam was here, you lot just make stuff up to suit your opinions.

Keegan won 4 out of 15 wasnt it? I think Sam could have managed that too. Glad the fat twat is gone but fuck me people have their heads shoved up their arses. "Our club is fucking great, its just that fucking twat of a manager". Aye, think on. 

I'm not defending him but absolutely none of the facts suggest that he left the club in a mess. The subsequent handling of all things managerial suggested the organisation was having a few difficulties 'across the board'. We've been a club inn transition for 12 months now, with wholesale changes from top to bottom and across the playing staff, with injury issues to boot. Hoying the blame at Allardyce is a bit retarded if you ask me.

Still, hope he goes to a prem rival, it'll send them backwards no doubt :lol:

I'm so sick of managers that can't ever seem to accept that they've failed. Roeder came out and said that no one could've done it better than him, Sounness too was blaming circumstances and now Fat Sam.

While I agree with Dave that I don't think we'd have been relegated, how he not can stand up and take the blame for the utter shite he served us is beyond me. He was, after all, the only manager who managed to lose to Derby this season.

I'm so sick of managers that can't ever seem to accept that they've failed. Roeder came out and said that no one could've done it better than him, Sounness too was blaming circumstances and now Fat Sam.

While I agree with Dave that I don't think we'd have been relegated, how he not can stand up and take the blame for the utter s**** he served us is beyond me. He was, after all, the only manager who managed to lose to Derby this season.

What exactly happened here in his time at nufc for him to take responsiblity for?

We were poor but there is absilutley nothing definitive to apologise for.

Anyone would of thought that by judging from all these "correct opinions" that we were all geared up for a brilliant season and that Allardyce took us dramatically backwards.

Lets put are head up our arses though and completely forget the 3 year hangover and the state of the club and dramatic changes that were made whilst he was here....

The thing is Fatty, you can't take the glory of a few good seasons at Bolton and then not take responsibility for your time at Newcastle.

You had more financial backing in one summer than ever at Bolton and you blew it because your idea of football is bastard head tennis.