Guy Demel

Rich

Hamburg defender Guy Demel has admitted he is flattered by Newcastle United's reported interest.

Demel signed for Hamburg from Borussia Dortmund in 2005 and impressed for the Bundesliga club last season.

Newcastle are reportedly tracking the centre-back, who is currently on international duty with Ivory Coast, while Manchester City and Portsmouth are also rumoured to be interested.

Demel, a former Arsenal trainee, is keen to put talk of an exit on hold, but admits he is pleased by the rumours linking him with The Magpies.

Wait and see

He told skysports.com: "I am thinking of Ivory Coast. We are not playing as we should be.

"My transfer will be talked about soon. The Premier League is a top league.

"It is good to be linked with famous teams such as Newcastle. We will wait and see."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3706969,00.html

Dunno much about him. He's solid on FM though. In that game he can play all positions in the back-four.

But, i'm not really sure about buying another "African Nations Player"... they are always gone in Jan/feb. But as a rotation player along with some other qual. signings, he might be a good addition to a very thin squad:)

Dunno much about him. He's solid on FM though. In that game he can play all positions in the back-four.

But, i'm not really sure about buying another "African Nations Player"... they are always gone in Jan/feb. But as a rotation player along with some other qual. signings, he might be a good addition to a very thin squad:)

:lol:

To late Spurs have signed him.

That one never gets old, does it?

I think it just about did.

Never!

It's not even being done right anymore.

"To late ... "?!

I don't get this. He's happy about the rumours linking him with us? What rumours? What links?

Agent-driven bullshit.

Why, TribalFootball of course!

Newcastle to bid for Hamburg defender Demel

tribalfootball.com - April 24, 2008

Newcastle United are preparing a bid for Hamburg defender Guy Demel.

The 26 year-old Ivory Coast international is rated in the &pouned;4 million class and German sources say Hamburg are expecting an offer to soon arrive from Newcastle.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_3706969,00.html

Magpies reports please Demel

Defender puts transfer talk on hold

By Giscard Gourizro   Last updated: 18th June 2008

Hamburg defender Guy Demel has admitted he is flattered by Newcastle United's reported interest.

Demel signed for Hamburg from Borussia Dortmund in 2005 and impressed for the Bundesliga club last season.

Newcastle are reportedly tracking the centre-back, who is currently on international duty with Ivory Coast, while Manchester City and Portsmouth are also rumoured to be interested.

Demel, a former Arsenal trainee, is keen to put talk of an exit on hold, but admits he is pleased by the rumours linking him with The Magpies.

Wait and see

He told skysports.com: "I am thinking of Ivory Coast. We are not playing as we should be.

"My transfer will be talked about soon. The Premier League is a top league.

"It is good to be linked with famous teams such as Newcastle. We will wait and see

Balls, didnt see the earlier post,  must be going blind or something.

Guy - "any news on a move then? I need some big money".

Agent - "well I am sure if we link you with say Newcastle United then they may be daft enough to make a move for you".

Guy - "ahh great idea I knew there was a reason I use you, but why Newcastle?"

Agent - "well they are desperate and if we play it right and make out you would love to play for them then I could get you sixty grand a week".

Guy  - "all sounds good to me, who will oyu use? sky sports news?"

agent - "yeah sky sports news are a safe bet to make any little story bigger, anyway worst case scenario, once I let it out you will go to Newcastle you can bet Spurs will make a move for you too".