Chamakh

morgs

Feel like this one could happen, by the sounds of him he's around our level. Must admit i've never seen him play (if i have i don't remember him) but have heard of him before, i think (going off your comments on him in here) that's the type of player NUFC need to be tracking down now, someone with potential, someone with a half decent record already but with some flaws which need ironing out. We need another targetman type player, Shola couldn't do it, Carrol is too young and Viduka is a fat lazy injured tart.

15 goals in the league this season? Didn't Gomis only get 17?

Saying that some rather average players in the past in France have been scoring like Pele in prime so, pinch of salt really.

Like who?  :lol:

Feel like this one could happen, by the sounds of him he's around our level. Must admit i've never seen him play (if i have i don't remember him) but have heard of him before, i think (going off your comments on him in here) that's the type of player NUFC need to be tracking down now, someone with potential, someone with a half decent record already but with some flaws which need ironing out. We need another targetman type player, Shola couldn't do it, Carrol is too young and Viduka is a fat lazy injured tart.

Saying that some rather average players in the past in France have been scoring like Pele in prime so, pinch of salt really.

Cisse, Guivarch, Pauleta, Utaka, Camara, Diouf, i mean top of me head, all scored plenty of goals and looked great in France, elsewhere nowhere near as good.

Cisse, Guivarch, Pauleta, Utaka, Camara, Diouf, i mean top of me head, all scored plenty of goals and looked great in France, elsewhere nowhere near as good.

Isn't Pauleta Portugal's all-time top scorer? ;)

And Camara, Diouf and Utaka's records were pretty good, not at Pele's rate though.  :razz:

Anyways man, Guivarc'h was like awesome.  :undecided:

if the story is true and its not to be announced until 1st July maybe there will be a few more announcements on that day?

Heres hoping

I might go and edit Arshavin's Wiki page if it's that easy to sign players.

if the story is true and its not to be announced until 1st July maybe there will be a few more announcements on that day?

Heres hoping

I might go and edit Arshavin's Wiki page if it's that easy to sign players.

Make sure you edit it that he signs for us though.

Isn't Pauleta Portugal's all-time top scorer? ;)

And Camara, Diouf and Utaka's records were pretty good, not at Pele's rate though.  :razz:

Anyways man, Guivarc'h was like awesome.  :undecided:

Haha! (was very off the top of my head) Probably, most were pens though! (probably)  :laugh: :blush:

Everytime i've seen him he's been wank, and his record in France is magic.

Another thing that sticks in my mind is Juninho's free kicks, around 50% of them would have been saved by average prem keepers, although the standard in France has risen quite a bit recently from what i hear.

Its been a soft league for so long, i find it hard to judge a player in it statistically, my opinion of their league is very low, shown by Lyon taking the utter piss without even trying. I reckon a team like ourselves would finish second every year with the squad we've got and i reckon players like Shola could be a 20 a season man. My problem with Rozenhal when we were bidding for him was exactly this, soft league, and the soft shite didn't do much to change my opinion of it, same goes for Cacapa.

There seems to be news going around that we've made our first signing - Marouane Chamakh, tall (6'11) striker from Bordeaux

Nothing reported on official website but seems to be in wikipedia. Of course since anyone can edit wikipedia, this could be complete bollocks!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marouane_Chamakh

Anyone knows/heard of the lad?

There was an article on some french site last week saying he'd agreed to join us in Feb on a pre-contract.  It's probably in this thread somewhere.  More likely than not bollocks though.

David Bellion scores goals in france ffs. :lol:

Chamakh is a FM god, so he must be good ;)

Only 6' 1", and I think someone jumped the gun on wiki.

Well it also says on wiki that:

"He has agreed on a three-year deal with Newcastle United F.C. on June 22, 2008 and will be unveiled on July 1, 2008, along with Ronaldinho, Andrei Arshavin and Frank Lampard. This is from reports very close to Chamakh. Also he has also said to the media in France that he has agreed a deal and all that stands in the way is a medical."

:D

Guest shaun11177

I have seen him play in that African Nations cup twice , he was absolute rubbish, he also has a reputation of liking the high life.

Had a good reputation 2-3 years ago but clearly hasnt worked at his game,  didnt seem to like the physical stuff at all.

Wouldnt be happy with this one-his level is French lge only.