BBC or ITV commentary/punditry?

Syrette
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seen a lot of - mostly deserved - vitriol on these pages and elsewhere during Euro 2008, a lot of it aimed at poor old departing Motty. He's lost it a bit, given, but I'd take him over Clive 'I'm not biased, honest' Tyldesley and the cringe-tastic David Pleat any day of the week.

In fact, apart from Steve Ryder I'd take the entire MOTD crew over anyone from ITV. Aside from that woman commentator but even she can provide the odd laugh.

Guest Phil K

Away from Euro 2008, Both biased in favour of certain teams that happen to all wear red.

Choosing between them is like saying which is a preferable death ? Boiled in lime flavoured oil or boiled in lemon flavoured oil ?

I like having radio commentry with the football, 5live team are fantastic, some great commentators on there. It's often a bit behind which is a bit of an arse though.

Why do 5live feel the need to swap commentators during a game?  I've never understood this.

I'm not sure I could handle 90 minutes of Alan Green myself, so I'm thankful they do.

I like having radio commentry with the football, 5live team are fantastic, some great commentators on there. It's often a bit behind which is a bit of an arse though.

Why do 5live feel the need to swap commentators during a game?  I've never understood this.

I'm not sure I could handle 90 minutes of Alan Green myself, so I'm thankful they do.

True, although he's an exception.

I don't know, maybe it's too tiring to do radio commentry for a solid 45? I don't like Alan Green either RM, but there are some excellent commentators there, particularly John Murray and Peter Ingham.

Alan Green's tiresome when he's waffling on about Liverpool but purely as a commentator, he's pretty good. I really enjoyed it the other night when they had him over the Turkey - Germany game, him and the other Irish bloke who was on are both good (anyone know his name?).

ITV commentary is ok and better than the dreadful banter Motson and Lawrenson have, but the constant adverts pre-match and at half time gets on my tits.

BBC pundits are tons better.

Did I see correctly the other day, btw, that ITV have total football coverage next season apart from MOTD?

ITV commentary is ok and better than the dreadful banter Motson and Lawrenson have, but the constant adverts pre-match and at half time gets on my tits.

BBC pundits are tons better.

Did I see correctly the other day, btw, that ITV have total football coverage next season apart from MOTD?

Pretty much. That is why Motty is 'going.' No live games to cover for two years, and he can't be bothered with South Africa.