Newcastle United................present tense.

Incognito

If and when Spurs get into the CL, I want to feel pride for the achievement, just like Newcastle fans did a decade or so ago, not because our wallet is bigger than someone else's.

Hey look. I found a table where Spurs are already in the CL places

http://www.purelymancity.com/wp-content/5yearspendingcomparison.jpg

Proves that money doesn't necessarily buy success and shrewd signings can produce success on the pitch without a dent in the wallet.

Even more reason not wanting to be like Chelsea.

The club off the pitch has certainly improved greatly, perfect situation for a sale.

On the pitch utter trash and little support to prove its going to turn itself around.

Reopen this in August if we still haven't bought anyone.

Okay, so this thread is being made in.... June.

The transfer window doesn't open til July.

It then closes at the end of August.

By my reckoning that still gives us just over 2 months, and with Euro having finished now you'll start to see more action by everyone.

How about we actually wait til the transfer window opens first eh?  :idiot2:

Why,we've gone backwards since he took the reins!!!

No we haven't.

This thread is an utter embarrassment tbh.

All this, and more.

I did start this thread after 10 pints of Stella,however,i feel we could and should have pursued players before the Euros,such as Arshavin and i believe having not had the forward thinking back then will cost us.For all of those saying this thread is an embarrassment,ok the press DO and ALWAYS HAVE sensationalised any Newcastle United press,but we need to improve our squad to climb the league.There are so many "non entity" teams of 2 or 3 years ago who have overtaken us in terms of squad quality ie,Man City,Portsmouth and to a certain extent Everton,Spurs and Aston Villa.I dont want us to sell our best players.ie Martins,but their heads will be turned by European playing clubs being interested.

The thing is, no-one on this forum knows anything about what we've been doing. The board have conducted themselves very descretely in recent times and so a lot of things could be happening behind the scenes. I think we should only begin to get seriously worried if after a few weeks into July, we still have no player in.

Its really hard at times but we need to stay patient another week or 2 at least! I've been reading the odd article from many sources and they all seem to contradict each other, clasp at old stories and basically create new lies to fill their columns.

Have faith a little longer, I have a feeling it'll come good for us soon enough in terms of signings.

The thing is, no-one on this forum knows anything about what we've been doing. The board have conducted themselves very descretely in recent times and so a lot of things could be happening behind the scenes. I think we should only begin to get seriously worried if after a few weeks into July, we still have no player in.

Its really hard at times but we need to stay patient another week or 2 at least! I've been reading the odd article from many sources and they all seem to contradict each other, clasp at old stories and basically create new lies to fill their columns.

Have faith a little longer, I have a feeling it'll come good for us soon enough in terms of signings.

Great post. very well put and sums up my thoughts concisely. I'll be one of the first to criticise those that need criticising if things don't go as planned, but I'll give them as long as possible to get things sorted. At the end of the day, I do trust in not only Keegan but Ashley as well and everyone in between; they have still got a lot to prove granted but I believe they've only got the club's best interests at heart and I'm sure given time we'll be in a better place.

Great post. very well put and sums up my thoughts concisely. I'll be one of the first to criticise those that need criticising if things don't go as planned, but I'll give them as long as possible to get things sorted. At the end of the day, I do trust in not only Keegan but Ashley as well and everyone in between; they have still got a lot to prove granted but believe they've only got the club's best interests at heart and I'm sure given time we'll be in a better place.

I don't trust any of them bar Keegan.

Great post. very well put and sums up my thoughts concisely. I'll be one of the first to criticise those that need criticising if things don't go as planned, but I'll give them as long as possible to get things sorted. At the end of the day, I do trust in not only Keegan but Ashley as well and everyone in between; they have still got a lot to prove granted but believe they've only got the club's best interests at heart and I'm sure given time we'll be in a better place.

What reasons have you got to think that though, Parky? On the same note you could ask me why I say I trust them... I've just seen no real reasons to doubt them as yet.

Same here. Glad he's back off holiday.

What reasons have you got to think that though, Parky? On the same note you could ask me why I say I trust them... I've just seen no real reasons to doubt them as yet.

I guess it's time really. Haven't seen anything in particular to make me start thinking I trust them...Although trust is a big word I guess. Your position is as valid as mine tbh.

I guess it's time really. Haven't seen anything in particular to make me start thinking I trust them...Although trust is a big word I guess. Your position is as valid as mine tbh.

Apart from yours has more validity.

I don't see how one is more valid than the other when it comes down to trust, I can't really think of any reason not to trust anybody yet as I think our only known bid so far this summer was the right thing to do.

I don't see how one is more valid than the other when it comes down to trust, I can't really think of any reason not to trust anybody yet as I think our only known bid so far this summer was the right thing to do.

Was taking the piss, nice bite though.  :razz:

totally agree with this 100% - the fact the club are letting nothing go to the press is creating the contradictory and negative agenda IMO, there's more than enough time to make signings, preferably before august at the latest so they at least get some time to bed in

i also agree with what billtray says above, that for me we should and could have done something before the euros that might have got us a player we'll otherwise now not be able to get, perhaps more of a turan than an arshavin though as he was perhaps always looking above a club of our current stature

• 3 weeks later...

When we were bought out,i ,maybe stupidly,became enthused that the not so distant Champions League days,may return soon,especially with a billionaires dosh supporting that aim.Now ,virtually almost 12 months later,i fear for our Premiership place.What i'm saying is Mr. Ashley,your business acumen is undoubtedly superb,but football is different.You need to speculate to accumulate.I don't for one moment believe that you as owner have anything in your head but a nice fat profit in your wallet.

Well fellow Newcastle United fans,until he puts his money where his mouth may be!!I,for one although,300 miles away,will not even be buying an away jersey.I believe,at this moment,this owner of ours isn't right for us,successfully football wise.

Nice to see you refer to the Champions League days when we were nothing but an underachieving joke among other clubs

When we were bought out,i ,maybe stupidly,became enthused that the not so distant Champions League days,may return soon,especially with a billionaires dosh supporting that aim.Now ,virtually almost 12 months later,i fear for our Premiership place.What i'm saying is Mr. Ashley,your business acumen is undoubtedly superb,but football is different.You need to speculate to accumulate.I don't for one moment believe that you as owner have anything in your head but a nice fat profit in your wallet.

Well fellow Newcastle United fans,until he puts his money where his mouth may be!!I,for one although,300 miles away,will not even be buying an away jersey.I believe,at this moment,this owner of ours isn't right for us,successfully football wise.

Nice to see you refer to the Champions League days when we were nothing but an underachieving joke among other clubs

no you read it wrong...we were an underachieving joke when souness,roeder and allardyce were managers (yes even when allardyce was manager under ashley)

If and when Spurs get into the CL, I want to feel pride for the achievement, just like Newcastle fans did a decade or so ago, not because our wallet is bigger than someone else's.

Newcastle were in the Champions League five years ago.  I agree with what your saying though BTW.