Jonas Gutierrez signed from Mallorca on 5 year deal

magorific

It is good news, it's been long over due, I'm quite happy to admit I was getting a little nervous and still will be until our squad is fully bulked up. Lets remember it's still so far 5 out and only 1 in to an already thin squad. There's a lot more work to be done, but it's a good start.

As for the player himself, I don't think anyone knows too much about him on here, so we are gonna have to hold off on judging the quality of the signing until he's had the chance to porve himself to us.

One good sign is the fact that no press conference has been called, this indicates to me that other signings are in the pipeline and they'll call a joint press conference later on this month, something KK has done in the past notably with the Ginola, Barton and Sir Les signings.

That should be the case for any player we sign ever, to be fair. I don't give a fuck what they've done elsewhere, it's all about whether they do it here.

Guest Jawesome

Aye, got to wait until he porves himself like.  No player should ever be judge until they have fully porved themselves.

His nickname in Spain/Argentina is "El Galgo" which means "The Whippet"...

Wooohooo fast as funk then this boy. Just think, his team mate Danny Guiza was the higest scorer last year, means he must have supplied a few of the crosses.

Looks better by the minute...whippet!!

He's a gangly looking fucker alright!

Well lets wait and see if he can give us the creativity we need! If he's not up to scratch we know we must have missed out on bigger targets.

Hope he was first choice like

Wooohooo fast as funk then this boy. Just think, his team mate Danny Guiza was the higest scorer last year, means he must have supplied a few of the crosses.

:lol:

Guest elbee909

Whippets in Argentina?

"Don't cry into yer mild for me, Argentina.  Truth is I never left thee.  Eh-up."

Only 5 assists according to Soccernet!

Glad we have signed someone, given the guessed fee I'm hoping this boy has the talent.  I've heard of him before through the Spiderman thing from scoring, but can't recall watching a full match with him in.  Some promising comments about him if you google the lads name though.

Just pleased this will shut up some of the "OMGZ LYK DER IS NO SIGNINGS, OMG SACK THE BOARD".

Signing came in with no rumours before hand, kinda shows that most rumours are total shite.

Roll on the next signing... :)

What a useless cunt!

What a useless cunt!

Exactly. N'Zogbia and Geremi both managed that much for us man!

Get him out.

Glad we have signed someone, given the guessed fee I'm hoping this boy has the talent.  I've heard of him before through the Spiderman thing from scoring, but can't recall watching a full match with him in.  Some promising comments about him if you google the lads name though.

Just pleased this will shut up some of the "OMGZ LYK DER IS NO SIGNINGS, OMG SACK THE BOARD".

Signing came in with no rumours before hand, kinda shows that most rumours are total s****.

TBH I think the more mature dicussion has been coming from those on the 'impatient' side of things. It's the others that have been posting crap like this in response. They even resort to administrators of this very forum starting gloating "i told you so" threads, after 1 signing that no one know much about !

There have been a few very good posts from people such as TT and and mrmajorism (sp?) about the need to break the cycle of panic buying by being proactive in the transfer market and making early moves, if you chose to interperate that as OMG panic panic panic, then so be it.

Don't take anything ShiteaM says literally, we all know he's either a WUM or completely insane.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Aye, got to wait until he porves himself like.  No player should ever be judge until they have fully porved themselves.

most blokes like a good porve.

What a useless cunt!

Exactly. N'Zogbia and Geremi both managed that much for us man!

Get him out.

Nah, reckon we just need to teach him a lesson. Get the vaseline, Richie boy!!

Still, he's better than Milner at least.

Signing came in with no rumours before hand, kinda shows that most rumours are total s****.

TBH I think the more mature dicussion has been coming from those on the 'impatient' side of things. It's the others that have been posting crap like this in response. They even resort to administrators of this very forum starting gloating "i told you so" threads, after 1 signing that no one know much about !

There have been a few very good posts from people such as TT and and mrmajorism (sp?) about the need to break the cycle of panic buying by being proactive in the transfer market and making early moves, if you chose to interperate that as OMG panic panic panic, then so be it.

Don't take anything ShiteaM says literally, we all know he's either a WUM or completely insane.

As always, I think the more "mature" or "reasoned" discussion has come from those on the fence, who don't give the same type of answer to every single story/piece of news of a similar nature. There's been crap from both sides, from what I've seen... as well as "very good posts" at times, I should hasten to add.

As always, I think the more "mature" or "reasoned" discussion has come from those on the fence, who don't give the same type of answer to every single story/piece of news of a similar nature. There's been crap from both sides, from what I've seen... as well as "very good posts" at times, I should hasten to add.

dunno like...i've been right all along.

dunno like...i've been right all along.

Aye, that's a given though mate!

http://www.setantasports.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/07/02/Feature-The-Craic/?facets/great-britain-locale/sport-space/football/

Finally, how excited are we to see Jonas Gutierrez arrive in The Premier League? For a start, by Newcastle’s standards (Marcelinho, Luque, Enrique), this guy will be another laughing stock in the Titus Bramble bracket.

:rolleyes:

Fucking clueless.

Guest Guinness

Just got back from work to see a signing, good stuff! I've heard a lot about him, but have never actually seen him play.