Jonas Gutierrez signed from Mallorca on 5 year deal

magorific

You know which other South American player never stops running? Carlos f***ing Tevez.

I'd love to hear Maetihs complain about Tevez not being a 'flair' player.

Tevez is hard running but has skills. From what i see, Jonas is like Emerton. Hard running and do the simple things right but do not expect him to a flair player like Ginola or Robert. I say he is like a bigger version of Milner with (sad to say) less skills which is not really inspiring. Think he will fill in as one of the right/left backs if needed cos his workrate and defensive qualities are his main plusses.

Hard running, quick, decent cross, lack of silky skills.

Sounds like a Gillespie type to me

Just need a Ginlola type for the left then.

Guest Heneage

Why, he dribbles, he shoots, hes got a decent cross, quite flamboyant, but defends. Im sick of people having a go at him hes had his fair whack of shite from oru club just like Milner.

Why, he dribbles, he shoots, hes got a decent cross, quite flamboyant, but defends. Im sick of people having a go at him hes had his fair whack of s**** from oru club just like Milner.

he dribbles down blind alleys,he shoots wide,got a decent cross in 1 game out of 4.

he has the ability to become a very good first teamer for us...has he the desire ? and he certainly doesn't have that extra that ginola had.

Why, he dribbles, he shoots, hes got a decent cross, quite flamboyant, but defends. Im sick of people having a go at him hes had his fair whack of s**** from oru club just like Milner.

he dribbles down blind alleys,he shoots wide,got a decent cross in 1 game out of 4.

he has the ability to become a very good first teamer for us...has he the desire ? and he certainly doesn't have that extra that ginola had.

if you took off your turd tinted specs and picked up another pair between them and rose tinted you might find a balanced opinion of the lad

makes me sick the stick he gets off people after all the chances we gave to wasters like kieron dyer, titus bramble etc... over the years...as far as i know zog has done nothing to bring the club into disrepute and is suffering from the number of changes that have taken place in recent years, plus lets not forget he's got the biggest arsehole on the planet for an agent who is no doubt fucking with his head every 5 minutes

look at oba - under roeder he did well as roeder bought him and he was first choice, under allardyce oba looked a heap of crap 'cause he was being asked to do things that weren't natural to his game and he wasn't given the managers faith to be our main striker, under KK he was given the faith again and we were rewarded

obviously footballs not as simple as all that and zog evidently has other issues (such as family) but if you don't think with the right management and playing in the right position for us he could be a star then we're talking about 2 different players and very probably a different game

Guest teepee

i've more or less just come back from the roskilde festival to find that we've signed gutierrez, which i find interesting.

my main worry, however, is that we are obviously reverting to a straight 4-4-2, which means that we need to bring in a big type striker, a dcm and possible an acm. duff/zoggy/milner should be able to cover the left flank.

our cm's showed last season that they were not good enough until we put three of them in there...

if you took off your turd tinted specs and picked up another pair between them and rose tinted you might find a balanced opinion of the lad

makes me sick the stick he gets off people after all the chances we gave to wasters like kieron dyer, titus bramble etc... over the years...as far as i know zog has done nothing to bring the club into disrepute and is suffering from the number of changes that have taken place in recent years, plus lets not forget he's got the biggest arsehole on the planet for an agent who is no doubt f***ing with his head every 5 minutes

look at oba - under roeder he did well as roeder bought him and he was first choice, under allardyce oba looked a heap of crap 'cause he was being asked to do things that weren't natural to his game and he wasn't given the managers faith to be our main striker, under KK he was given the faith again and we were rewarded

obviously footballs not as simple as all that and zog evidently has other issues (such as family) but if you don't think with the right management and playing in the right position for us he could be a star then we're talking about 2 different players and very probably a different game

thats the difference between us. i look at what he is whereas you just compare him to wasters.

re read my original post you'll find it very balanced.....has the ability but hasn't played consitently well for 2 years.

can we use the "under different manager excuse for every player who doesn't do it ?

Sorry, as big a Charlie fanboy as I am, there's no way he looks like he can be anything like Ginola. The successful first year that he had for us is starting to become a distant memory now that he's continued to have attitude problems and seems to be itching for a move away. There's also the issue of him maybe not fitting into the formation that KK might use, as was the case in the end of season run in the 4-3-3.

Apart from that, Charlie needs space and he isn't tricky. His strides are long and thus often gets in trouble when dribbling. Ginola, on the other hand, had the ball fucking glued to his feet. He was also two-footed and breezed past players while Charlie seems to jerk past them. Different players, different styles. One's way above the other quality-wise.

makes me sick the stick he gets off people after all the chances we gave to wasters like kieron dyer, titus bramble etc... over the years...as far as i know zog has done nothing to bring the club into disrepute and is suffering from the number of changes that have taken place in recent years, plus lets not forget he's got the biggest arsehole on the planet for an agent who is no doubt f***ing with his head every 5 minutes

thats the difference between us. i look at what he is whereas you just compare him to wasters.

re read my original post you'll find it very balanced.....has the ability but hasn't played consitently well for 2 years.

can we use the "under different manager excuse for every player who doesn't do it ?

agreed he hasn't played well consistently for 2 years but to ignore the context of those 2 years is nonsensical, i.e. he played most of his games last season at LB for example, or had a great season and was replaced by duff...but yeah, fine, he shouldn't be dwelling on that as much as he has

but anyway you're right i'm wrong, he's got a bad attitude lets sell him for fuck all and rely on damien

i'd rather a manager with a proven track record of getting wingers playing well give him a season, if he's not interested then then so be it

agreed he hasn't played well consistently for 2 years but to ignore the context of those 2 years is nonsensical, i.e. he played most of his games last season at LB for example, or had a great season and was replaced by duff...but yeah, fine, he shouldn't be dwelling on that as much as he has

but anyway you're right i'm wrong, he's got a bad attitude lets sell him for f*** all and rely on damien

i'd rather a manager with a proven track record of getting wingers playing well give him a season, if he's not interested then then so be it

mrmajor in "childish lets put words in other peoples mouths " outburst.

you were right on one count mind....i'm right...you're wrong.

I could see that being Charlie.

I'd second that, just needs fine tuning and a bit of faith, i personally cant see an obvious major weakness in his game as a winger, not one that hinders his play anyway, his attitude is questionable, has had some difficult times but i genuinely belive that every current minor flaws can easily be ironed out - in fact if he went into a team player transofrmation a la Ronaldo i think he could be an excellent first teamer, very happy that he could possilbiy be part of a Keegan first team.

Guest MaetihS

from the dvd i watched, he run with ball but rarely beats his men so dribbling is not his forte. he just runs with ball when there is space in front. he is a typical grafter not the flair type of player we need. also notice he is not exactly comfortable and quick with his feet like most wingers. typical souness type of right side/left side midfielder. as i said, he seems to have less skills than Milner. Very Emerton or Geremi, typical utility player.

Guest MaetihS

Sorry, as big a Charlie fanboy as I am, there's no way he looks like he can be anything like Ginola. The successful first year that he had for us is starting to become a distant memory now that he's continued to have attitude problems and seems to be itching for a move away. There's also the issue of him maybe not fitting into the formation that KK might use, as was the case in the end of season run in the 4-3-3.

Apart from that, Charlie needs space and he isn't tricky. His strides are long and thus often gets in trouble when dribbling. Ginola, on the other hand, had the ball f***ing glued to his feet. He was also two-footed and breezed past players while Charlie seems to jerk past them. Different players, different styles. One's way above the other quality-wise.

agreed. We will never have another Ginola...:( what a player.

from the dvd i watched, he run with ball but rarely beats his men so dribbling is not his forte. he just runs with ball when there is space in front. he is a typical grafter not the flair type of player we need. also notice he is not exactly comfortable and quick with his feet like most wingers. typical souness type of right side/left side midfielder. as i said, he seems to have less skills than Milner. Very Emerton or Geremi, typical utility player.

Maybe you need to upgrade your shitty DVD player.

Guest MaetihS

I've just got back from Magaluff and spoke to quite a few Mallorca fans who all praised him to the hilt!!!!

Good to hear. But Maetihs said, he's crap... 8-0

i never say he is crap. I say he is not the creative player we are craving for but a steady hardworking player like Emerton or Geremi. disappointed that he is not the flair Ginola like of player but never he is crap.