Jonas Gutierrez signed from Mallorca on 5 year deal

magorific

Guest MaetihS

We are already behind teams like Portsmouth and Blackburn main rivals for top 10 in terms of squad quality. Naturally, we want to see some more ins than outs. Despite their strength, Spurs know that maybe perhaps their squad is not as strong or they would not have finished in the lowly position last season and thus do some catch up via signings. yes, maybe we are cherry piking, picking the best players we can sign but this Gutierrez signing is really doing some of our heads. Not even a sure starter at Real Mallorca....not saying he will flop, i will judge after he plays ten games for us, but signing a player that is not actually an important player at a relatively small club like Real Mallorca creates more uncertainty than ever.

Personally I think it's a bit early to draw conclusions about the club's transfer activities on the basis of the first signing.  And to me, where the player comes from doesn't matter, it's how they play for us that counts.  For instance Peter Beardsley came to us from Toronto Blue Star iirc (first time around).

what bothers me is not that he comes from a small club but he is not even their top 5 player or an important player for them.

We are already behind teams like Portsmouth and Blackburn main rivals for top 10 in terms of squad quality. Naturally, we want to see some more ins than outs. Despite their strength, Spurs know that maybe perhaps their squad is not as strong or they would not have finished in the lowly position last season and thus do some catch up via signings. yes, maybe we are cherry piking, picking the best players we can sign but this Gutierrez signing is really doing some of our heads. Not even a sure starter at Real Mallorca....not saying he will flop, i will judge after he plays ten games for us, but signing a player that is not actually an important player at a relatively small club like Real Mallorca creates more uncertainty than ever.

Personally I think it's a bit early to draw conclusions about the club's transfer activities on the basis of the first signing.  And to me, where the player comes from doesn't matter, it's how they play for us that counts.  For instance Peter Beardsley came to us from Toronto Blue Star iirc (first time around).

what bothers me is not that he comes from a small club but he is not even their top 5 player or an important player for them.

How the fuck would you know?

I love how everyone forgets the fact that last summer most people were delighted with the business we did.

Hindsight-tastic.

I was not happy and predicts a relegation fight which turns out to be right. not everyone, am sure i read similar comments like mine last season.

i wouldnt exactly call that a 'relegation fight' to be honest.

???? anyway, we are being named as relegation candidates by Eurosports.

That's it then, we're fucked  :lol:

Guest MaetihS

I love how everyone forgets the fact that last summer most people were delighted with the business we did.

Hindsight-tastic.

I was not happy and predicts a relegation fight which turns out to be right. not everyone, am sure i read similar comments like mine last season.

That's it then, we're f***ed  :lol:

huh? u believed in these pundits??? we will not finish in the top 10 but definitely at least 15, but that is we better get some bodies in.

Hindsight-tastic.

we weren't there in the thick of it getting our hands dirty, there were no ' we absolutely HAVE to win this or we're going down' games. it was a shit season no doubt, we were on the periphery but it wasnt a relegation fight.

Weren't they holding out for 10m from Portsmouth?  Wasn't he a first team regular?

Hindsight-tastic.

That's it then, we're f***ed  :lol:

huh? u believed in these pundits??? we will not finish in the top 10 but definitely at least 15, but that is we better get some bodies in.

I'm sorry, I don't understand your point?

Hindsight-tastic.

Most people are delighted with signings like this particular one even though they'd never heard of the player before and it certainly doesn't qualify as a great statement of intent. Make of that what you will.

I'm delighted it shows planks like you that what you read on teh internets isn't the be all and end all about what we're doing. Unfortunately you don't seemed to have taken it on board. Then again it's no surprise really.

Harsh, considering I am not exactly crying with the wolves at every newspaper article that puts our club in a not so favourable light. All I am concerned about is our on the pitch activities, and so far Mr Ashley in his one year stewardship of the club hasn´t exactly blown me away with what he has done to that side of the club. Nor am I convinced he knows what the club needs. I mean, he wears the name of our worst player by a mile on the back of his shirt.. Don´t care about the press, but do care about the quality and depth of our squad. Are you happy with it? I asked you a question earlier about what you thought was required to make this a successful transfer window, which you seem to have conveniently ignored..

We are already behind teams like Portsmouth and Blackburn main rivals for top 10 in terms of squad quality. Naturally, we want to see some more ins than outs. Despite their strength, Spurs know that maybe perhaps their squad is not as strong or they would not have finished in the lowly position last season and thus do some catch up via signings. yes, maybe we are cherry piking, picking the best players we can sign but this Gutierrez signing is really doing some of our heads. Not even a sure starter at Real Mallorca ....not saying he will flop, i will judge after he plays ten games for us, but signing a player that is not actually an important player at a relatively small club like Real Mallorca creates more uncertainty than ever.

Played 30, 36 & 30 games in the last three seasons  :dontknow:

Guest MaetihS

He has started nearly every Mallorca league game over the past 3 years, how is he not a sure starter?

he is always in and out of the team. was even dropped during the second half of last season.basically, he is real mallorca's version of Milner maybe even less important. Quite dispensable..... read in the fans forum, that the fans are happy to get rid of this deadweight. some are upset cos he is a very hardworking player and i have enough of grafters...we have too many..looking like a League 1 midfield soon. Anwyay, he is not the creative and flair player and not an integral part of the team. their key playmaker is Arango...shld sign him. like my spain friend say, he plays like Emerton. i do not rate Emerton.

Hindsight-tastic.

Most people are delighted with signings like this particular one even though they'd never heard of the player before and it certainly doesn't qualify as a great statement of intent. Make of that what you will.

I'm delighted it shows planks like you that what you read on teh internets isn't the be all and end all about what we're doing. Unfortunately you don't seemed to have taken it on board. Then again it's no surprise really.

Harsh, considering I am not exactly crying with the wolves at every newspaper article that puts our club in a not so favourable light. All I am concerned about is our on the pitch activities, and so far Mr Ashley in his one year stewardship of the club hasn´t exactly blown me away with what he has done to that side of the club. Nor am I convinced he knows what the club needs. I mean, he wears the name of our worst player by a mile on the back of his shirt.. Don´t care about the press, but do care about the quality and depth of our squad. Are you happy with it? I asked you a question earlier about what you thought was required to make this a successful transfer window, which you seem to have conveniently ignored..

I'm not happy with the current state of the squad but unlike you I'm clever enough to realise Keegan and Ashley aren't stupid and they know more than anyone what needs to be done. Difference is - they're fully aware of how much time we've got to improve the squad, whereas you seem oblivious.

Guest MaetihS

he plays many games cos he fills in any positions that needs filling. he is like their utility player....plays as wingbacck for large part of last season. even fills in as DM many times. Yes, a decent player but i say not much of an improvement on Milner. We need more creative players and really hope we will sign at least 2 this season. Like John Oshea, deceiving many games but many from subs and always the first to be subbed off.

He has started nearly every Mallorca league game over the past 3 years, how is he not a sure starter?

he is always in and out of the team. was even dropped during the second half of last season.basically, he is real mallorca's version of Milner maybe even less important. Quite dispensable..... read in the fans forum, that the fans are happy to get rid of this deadweight. some are upset cos he is a very hardworking player and i have enough of grafters...we have too many..looking like a League 1 midfield soon. Anwyay, he is not the creative and flair player and not an integral part of the team. their key playmaker is Arango...shld sign him. like my spain friend say, he plays like Emerton. i do not rate Emerton.

No offense, but I wouldn't base my opinions on a fans forum.  It might not be entirely representative....personally I'm more inclined to trust Keegan's opinion and that of our scouting team

Guest MaetihS

No offense, but I wouldn't base my opinions on a fans forum.  It might not be entirely representative....personally I'm more inclined to trust Keegan's opinion and that of our scouting team

Based on track record, i would not trust them very much on unknown quality. unless the whole scouting team has been revamped following KK's appt.

he plays many games cos he fills in any positions that needs filling. he is like their utility player....plays as wingbacck for large part of last season. even fills in as DM many times. Yes, a decent player but i say not much of an improvement on Milner. We need more creative players and really hope we will sign at least 2 this season. Like John Oshea, deceiving many games but many from subs and always the first to be subbed off.

Since when did you become so knowledgeable about Jonas Gutierrez? The minute you realised you could use his signing as some ammo for another spot of moaning?

Based on track record, i would not trust them very much on unknown quality. unless the whole scouting team has been revamped following KK's appt.

mackems.gif

Do you live in a cave?

Are you a poor WUM or a mong?

Guest MaetihS

mackems.gif

Do you live in a cave?

No why? i lived by the sea though.

It's been substantially revamped since Ashley took over is my impression

Guest MaetihS

Since when did you become so knowledgeable about Jonas Gutierrez? The minute you realised you could use his signing as some ammo for another spot of moaning?

Just finished watching dvd, read all the fans forum and spainish football magazines as well as talking to my friends from spain. do some research from the net...