Jonas Gutierrez signed from Mallorca on 5 year deal

magorific

And people are wonder what why the media slate us for being impatient.

And I wonder why you have the rule for trolling when you don't even inforce it.

What rule is that?

Must be this one: http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=20035.0 ;)

Can count yourself in on that as well now :lol:

And my mistake, was sure there was a rule about trolling.

So basically it's been like three days since we signed anyone and people are moaning again already.

We've had the complete and ultimate proof that the media have NO FUCKING CLUE of what we're doing behind the scenes, and yet people are STILL convinced we're not doing anything.

I give up.

No you don't. :lol:

And people are wonder what why the media slate us for being impatient.

And I wonder why you have the rule for trolling when you don't even inforce it.

What rule is that?

Must be this one: http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=20035.0 ;)

Can count yourself in on that as well now :lol:

And my mistake, was sure there was a rule about trolling.

Yeah Dave, ban us all please. The world will be a better place. :lol:

So basically it's been like three days since we signed anyone and people are moaning again already.

We've had the complete and ultimate proof that the media have NO FUCKING CLUE of what we're doing behind the scenes, and yet people are STILL convinced we're not doing anything.

I give up.

No you don't. :lol:

:-[

Thing is, if we were to have signed 5/6 players by now, people would complain that they weren't taking the time to assess all possible targets and just signing the first available player in a position that needed filling.

And if we had signed all our targets by now, with no further signings over the rest of the transfer period, people would complain as other teams made their signings, why aren't we doing anything, why weren't we in for them etc etc etc.

There just isn't any pleasing some people.

Thing is, if we were to have signed 5/6 players by now, people would complain that they weren't taking the time to assess all possible targets and just signing the first available player in a position that needed filling.

And if we had signed all our targets by now, with no further signings over the rest of the transfer period, people would complain as other teams made their signings, why aren't we doing anything, why weren't we in for them etc etc etc.

:nods:

We've bought a current Argentine International - positive and fact

We've bid a club record amount for a player - positive and fact

Why are people being so negative?

People are so negative because as keegan said, we need atleast 4 players to go straight in to the starting 11.  We have gotten one now, and we seriously need creativity on our central midfield. We have now lost emre, barton is in jail, so we are left with Smith, Geremi, and butt as our only natural players in central mid. We got zoggy and Milner who can play in the middle, but is better of playing out wide.

If one of our 4 backs get injured, we only have Cacapa and David Edgar to come in for them.  We are currently playing with 3 strikers, and we only have 3 decent strikers, which one of them is injured half of the season. Is given/harper good enough to be our goalies? We have krul who is up and comming, but i would personal love if we went for that russian goalie.

We have a thin squad, and we have gotten rid of more players than we have bought.

Well enough about that..  Jonas Gutierrez is a player many of us dont know about, that is why we are concerned. He doesnt have a good goalscoring record, or assist record. Personally i think we should have gotten a central midfield player, but maybe keegan is thinking of using him as a wingstriker up front, or going back to 4-4-2. 

Is anyone suggesting that the current squad is sufficient for the season ahead?  We still have plenty of time to get players in......how many clubs have signed loads of players so far? We won't know till the transfer window shuts whether the effort that will be going on behind the scenes is good enough. Personally I am not going to get upset about who we haven't signed a week into the transfer window..... 

If you look at the top 8, they all have larger squads than us. They are most likely to buy squad player, and maybe one world class player to make them better.  We had a small squad last season, and we have gotten rid the likes of Emre(was considered 1st team player when he wasnt injured) and Rozenhal(was 1st team player at the start of the season, and I rate him higher than Cacapa). We have gotten one player in, and he isnt a MC or a DC. We need like Keegan said 4 players to walk straight in to the 1st team, but we also lack squad players. If we buy like 8 players in this transfer window, we will still have a small squad.

I dont know what our ambition is for next season, but i think we should aim for a uefa cup spot atleast. Then we need players in quick, because they need to know each other to play good.  If we sign a player in middle the start of august, he will have like 20 days to get to know the other players on the pitch. And would most likely look like Luque when the season starts.

I don't disagree we have a small squad.  Ideally we'd get several players in for pre-season but the reality is some will join early and some later in the window.  The main thing is to get them in.  I don't think this is different to how other clubs operate......in reality we're suffering from the dross we've signed in recent seasons, the squad's needed major surgery and I don't think we're going to fix that in one window, as much as I'd love us to do that.

I agree with you here. But if we are going to have success, we have to bring in players in the start of the window. So we can only focuse on the league and the cups. Like Man Utd did last season. 

No, I would have been perfectly happy to have our squad complete before the start of pre/season training  providing we had got the right players in (quantitatively and qualitatively). If the club then came out and said this was all the business we would do and we had got all or most of our first choice targets that would make me feel very comfortable. If people (you?) would react to that the way you describe I would come on here and tell them to chill just like a lot of people are doing to me and others now. Of course, the reality is completely different sadly. You say there is no pleasing some, I say there is no pleasing everybody all the time. Again, I´m sort of abusing this thread to make my point. Jonas may well turn out to be a very good player for us, and I certainly hope he will, and come the last day of the transfer window we may well all be overwhelmed by our transfer activity (again, I live in hope), but so far I haven´t seen enough to suggest this will be the case and so I will remain ´on the fence´..

Guest elbee909

Most people are cunts, stupid ones at that, so I'm not surprised by the amount of negative bollocks.  Fuck them all.

Have I missed a story here? We've bid for someone else?

Have I missed a story here? We've bid for someone else?

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=48172.0

Start at page 1, the whole thread is well worth a read.

I love how everyone forgets the fact that last summer most people were delighted with the business we did.

Hindsight-tastic.

Most people are delighted with signings like this particular one even though they'd never heard of the player before and it certainly doesn't qualify as a great statement of intent. Make of that what you will.

I love how everyone forgets the fact that last summer most people were delighted with the business we did.

Hindsight-tastic.

Most people are delighted with signings like this particular one even though they'd never heard of the player before and it certainly doesn't qualify as a great statement of intent. Make of that what you will.

I'm delighted it shows planks like you that what you read on teh internets isn't the be all and end all about what we're doing. Unfortunately you don't seemed to have taken it on board. Then again it's no surprise really.

Guest MaetihS

We are already behind teams like Portsmouth and Blackburn main rivals for top 10 in terms of squad quality. Naturally, we want to see some more ins than outs. Despite their strength, Spurs know that maybe perhaps their squad is not as strong or they would not have finished in the lowly position last season and thus do some catch up via signings. yes, maybe we are cherry piking, picking the best players we can sign but this Gutierrez signing is really doing some of our heads. Not even a sure starter at Real Mallorca....not saying he will flop, i will judge after he plays ten games for us, but signing a player that is not actually an important player at a relatively small club like Real Mallorca creates more uncertainty than ever.

Guest MaetihS

Hindsight-tastic.

I was not happy and predicts a relegation fight which turns out to be right. not everyone, am sure i read similar comments like mine last season.

Hindsight-tastic.

I was not happy and predicts a relegation fight which turns out to be right. not everyone, am sure i read similar comments like mine last season.

i wouldnt exactly call that a 'relegation fight' to be honest.

We are already behind teams like Portsmouth and Blackburn main rivals for top 10 in terms of squad quality. Naturally, we want to see some more ins than outs. Despite their strength, Spurs know that maybe perhaps their squad is not as strong or they would not have finished in the lowly position last season and thus do some catch up via signings. yes, maybe we are cherry piking, picking the best players we can sign but this Gutierrez signing is really doing some of our heads. Not even a sure starter at Real Mallorca....not saying he will flop, i will judge after he plays ten games for us, but signing a player that is not actually an important player at a relatively small club like Real Mallorca creates more uncertainty than ever.

Personally I think it's a bit early to draw conclusions about the club's transfer activities on the basis of the first signing.  And to me, where the player comes from doesn't matter, it's how they play for us that counts.  For instance Peter Beardsley came to us from Toronto Blue Star iirc (first time around).

Guest MaetihS

Hindsight-tastic.

i wouldnt exactly call that a 'relegation fight' to be honest.

???? anyway, we are being named as relegation candidates by Eurosports.