Jonas Gutierrez signed from Mallorca on 5 year deal

magorific

I've just got back from Magaluff and spoke to quite a few Mallorca fans who all praised him to the hilt!!!!

Good to hear. But Maetihs said, he's crap... 8-0

i never say he is crap. I say he is not the creative player we are craving for but a steady hardworking player like Emerton or Geremi. disappointed that he is not the flair Ginola like of player but never he is crap.

Reckon you could rip the DVD and torrent it somewhere? Not that I'm advocating copyright theft by the way.

Guest MaetihS

From the DVD, Arango looks class....the player we need. the keeper looks quite good too. watch the match highlights against Barca, wow, there are some really skilled players there from Mallorca, whose midfield more than held against the might of Barca. btw, Jonas for some reason (like i say seem to be in and out of the team a lot) did not play in that match.

Wasn't he one of the best players on the pitch when they played Real Madrid?

He was also a first team regular, but don't bite.

Haha, I'm not, was a genuine question. Swear I heard that somewhere.

From the DVD, Arango looks class....the player we need. the keeper looks quite good too. watch the match highlights against Barca, wow, there are some really skilled players there from Mallorca, whose midfield more than held against the might of Barca. btw, Jonas for some reason (like i say seem to be in and out of the team a lot) did not play in that match.

http://www.football-lineups.com/footballer/1657/

Those aren't the stats of a bit part player to me.

Guest MaetihS

there is a feature showing the main men of last season: Guiza, Arango, Basinas and Ibagaza. btw, from the DVD, Jonas seem to miss a lot of chances from good positions mainly due to his poor shooting. his shooting is very wayward and seems to lack technique and composure, typical defensive midfield kind of finishing. So i check on his stats online, he has like 5 shots on target out of 24 shots attempted last season......

he is 28 yr old???

Interesting that you would comment on that and not the appearance statistics that i was referring to. For a winger he starts a good number of games.

btw, from the DVD, Jonas seem to miss a lot of chances from good positions mainly due to his poor shooting. his shooting is very wayward and seems to lack technique and composure, typical defensive midfield kind of finishing. So i check on his stats online, he has like 5 shots on target out of 24 shots attempted last season......

So basically, you know fuck all about him as a footballer so have no place whatsoever to be judging him. Fuck off, man.

Guest MaetihS

he looks like the kind of player who does not get the media attention and sometimes you never notice him a match. But he does his job steadily like the winger version of Nicky Butt. a very hardworking player. his shooting and crossing needs improvement though. one thing i notice, at least he has brains, he knows he is not the dribbling sort of winger so never attempt to beat players like Milner who is so fustrating, he likes to pass and cross early. he rarely dilly dally on the ball like Milner or Ronaldo. puts balls early or passes early. so he rarely loses the ball trying to outrun or dribble past players.

Guest BooBoo

Lets just see how the lad gets on shall we.

It would however be predictably ironic if he didnt don his mask till April!

Ridiculous statement.

Malouda was never hard running or hard working. Always been work shy and doesn't have any of the size, strength or enginge that Gutierrez appears to have.

Besides it's such a random comparison. Malouda is a smallish left footed winger from the French league while Gutierrez is a big right footed winger from the Spanish league. Why the heck did you go with that comparison?

You are being ridiculous - or you are totally ignorant of Ligue 1.

I didn't say Malouda has size or strength - ultrafit is the word I used.

Why the heck are you being so stupid. I wasn't comparing footedness, country of origin, and league of origin. I was comparing running style, working style, fitness and crossing ability.

Guest MaetihS

He may be average at best and not one of Mallocra's stars at least thats what the DVD projects. But, he may really improve after coming to us and become more creative. there are many players like that. i reiterated that i never say he is crap but he not the Ginola type of player i was hoping for, thats all. finished watching the dvd and other videos, really like his work ethic and what is outstanding is his tracking back and packs a hell of a tackle. sometimes, i thought he is playing like a wingback. i think KK likes him cos of his versatility, am sure he can play as a rightback. like some liga commentators say, not your typical tika taka type or Argentina winger type of player....very David Beckham sort of player. hope his shooting and crosses can be more like Becks, otherwise very similar in many ways. knows his strengths so like Beckham, passes early and never tries to dribble. think he may be a fans favourite, cos he is very never-say-die kind of player. Now, we need a creative player to complement him.

Guest MaetihS

Anyone else think that Maethis is annoying as f***?

Is there anyone who doesn't?

the truth hurts just like when i knew Jonas is not our next Ginola....   

Anyone else think that Maethis is annoying as f***?

Is there anyone who doesn't?

the truth hurts just like when i knew Jonas is not our next Ginola....   

Noooo! Not a Ginola-clone!? Instant fail.

Gerry Armstrong- "I don’t think Kevin could have signed a better player for Newcastle from La Liga because he has all the attributes needed to be a success in the Premier League"

So Maethis, you believe that your opinion is more valuable than that of someone who watches almost every single game that La Liga has to offer?

I'm not saying he's going to be a success or not, what i am saying is that you clearly don't know what your talking about.