Jonas Gutierrez signed from Mallorca on 5 year deal

magorific

while that row rumbles on, the 24-year-old may be keeping an eye on developments in his homeland as authorities in Buenos Aires continue a probe into Argentinian footballers using alleged false European passports.

A judge is studying the details of 22 players who have arrived in Spain from Argentina in recent years, with a particular emphasis on those carrying Italian passports.

But there is nothing to suggest that Gutierrez — though he left South America for Mallorca in 2005 and has an Italian passport — has anything to fear.

Around 40 people have been arrested in the probe so far, which harks back to the case of Juan Sebastian Veron, who was found to hold an illegally-acquired Italian passport in 2002

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2008/07/20/united-s-gutierrez-plays-tit-for-tat-with-real-79310-21371247/

Keegan seeing him as a striker?? hmmmm not sure on this one KK.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/07/22/keegan-eyes-striking-role-for-jonas-gutierrez-72703-21382085/

Keegan eyes striking role for Jonas Gutierrez

Jul 22 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

Certainly not with his goalscoring record

I know his lack of goals has came from being out wide so not as many chances but it also maybe suggests he likes to hug the line a lot, he may be able to finish if played in the middle and I guess Guthrie would take thew wing role on. But I doubt he is the new Henry (winger turned into top striker)

Guest Stephen927

Seems like hes hit the ground running in training. Now it's all about transferring that into the Premier League. Really want him to do well, seems like he's got a good attitude.

Didnt he just say he appears very versatile and could probably even play off the striker? Stuff does get taken too literally sometimes, but at the same time seeing as our squad is so small its not suprising that he's entertaining the idea of versatility in his players.

i saw him play for mallorca a few times last season and he seemed to get all over the pitch tbh, he was tracking back, pushing up for corners, getting stuck in for tackles. i was well impressed the amount of ground he covered, and if he's showing he's got a good attitude in training here already, he could be a very good signing.

shame he can't bring out the spidey mask though, although if he hit the winner against sunderland / man united it would be well worth getting the yellow card for it :)

Guest elbee909

We need a mass of Spiderman masks for the fans, he cannot wear one to celebrate when he scores but we all could.

Venom masks would be better.  Looks like Spiderman, but in black and white!

We need a mass of Spiderman masks for the fans, he cannot wear one to celebrate when he scores but we all could.

Venom masks would be better.  Looks like Spiderman, but in black and white!

Fanfkntastic idea mate..

The magic Box sell them latex ones but fkn 30 quid :lol: I asked him to look into getting plastic or cloth ones at a cheaper price, said not at the moment but they may filter through..

Can get the latex ones on ebay for about 7 quid though..

Keegan seeing him as a striker?? hmmmm not sure on this one KK.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/07/22/keegan-eyes-striking-role-for-jonas-gutierrez-72703-21382085/

Keegan eyes striking role for Jonas Gutierrez

Jul 22 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

Certainly not with his goalscoring record

Better record than a certain Alan Smith who played upfront for us last season