Smith II - The nightmare continues.

thewellander

Guest Stephen927

The only worthwhile contribution he made last season came by mistake when he was scrabbling round on the floor and luckily found Viduka who put it away.

I can't even remember any decent efforts he had, or when he played in midfield a particularly good bit of attacking or defensive skill.

Rather have a experianced Alan Smith to come on at 1-0 up away from home than a in-experianced Carroll / LuaLua type of player tbh, even though hes shite.

Why? So he can give them a few free kicks on the edge of the box? He's a liability!

Those saying we can't sell him cos we don't have enough bodies in the squad; i disagree - because he is so detrimental to the side when he is on the pitch, and offers nothing as an impact sub, unless we're in the 89th minute and we need someone to hassle a bit.

Those saying they don't mind him cos he gives a shit; i don't really care about that either tbh. If he gives a shit and has ability, great. He gives a shit and is a fucking awful footballer, then no thanks.

Rather have a experianced Alan Smith to come on at 1-0 up away from home than a in-experianced Carroll / LuaLua type of player tbh, even though hes shite.

Why? So he can give them a few free kicks on the edge of the box? He's a liability!

Indeed, he's the very worst player to bring on in that situation for that precise reason.

Guest shearer_united

I like his determination but its no surprise to anyone that he's lost his goal-scoring touch after his big injury at man utd.

I like his determination but its no surprise to anyone that he's lost his goal-scoring touch after his big injury and man utd.

I'm not really sure that he has any determination on the football pitch; too much of the game simply passes him by, sometimes directly in front of him.

I don't think he's anywhere near as awful as he looked last season or as bad some people are making out, but it looks like I'm alone in that  :lol:

I don't think he's anywhere near as awful as he looked last season or as bad some people are making out, but it looks like I'm alone in that  :lol:

You're only as good as your last game, using that on Smith tells it's own story.

I like his determination but its no surprise to anyone that he's lost his goal-scoring touch after his big injury at man utd.

He's never had a goalscoring touch tbh.

The only worthwhile contribution he made last season came by mistake when he was scrabbling round on the floor and luckily found Viduka who put it away.

I can't even remember any decent efforts he had, or when he played in midfield a particularly good bit of attacking or defensive skill.

Didn't he draw the penalty that resulted in Barton's only goal?

Those saying we can't sell him cos we don't have enough bodies in the squad; i disagree - because he is so detrimental to the side when he is on the pitch, and offers nothing as an impact sub, unless we're in the 89th minute and we need someone to hassle a bit.

Those saying they don't mind him cos he gives a shit; i don't really care about that either tbh. If he gives a shit and has ability, great. He gives a shit and is a fucking awful footballer, then no thanks.

It sounds ridiculous but I honestly think getting rid of Smith (and Duff) would be squad strengthening for the reasons you give. I'd much rather throw on Lua Lua to run at a tiring opposition than have Smith come on (In fact, I'd rather a keeper came on in an outfield position than bring Smith on).

I'd love Smith to prove us all wrong but I'm afraid he'll prove us all right while pocketing his insane wages.

That would be a good point if it weren't for the fact that he hardly ever scored for Man U and there he was surrounded by some of the best players in the Premier League.

I can only think of the home game against Arsenal where he played reasonably well and had an attempt on goal.

As others have said, he's a liabilty. A striker who was at one point the clubs captain should never have a worse shots on target record than a defender. Even Cacapa scored and he barely played half a season and is supposedly the worse player ever IDST.

Guest Phil K

I think he has the potential to be even worse

How could he get worse ?

Yes.

You are.

Guest Robert 32

How could he get worse ?

Go a whole season, including pre season, without scoring.

Guest Phil K

How could he get worse ?

Go a whole season, including pre season, without scoring.

Yes, and he did that last season, didn't he ?

Oh yes - right. One pre-season goal.

Wow.

So technically correct then.

To think he started, and scored a lovley finish when Manchester trashed Roma 7-1 :(

Awfull footballer who should've never been signed in the first place, we can improve him and turn him into a Scott Parker hard tackling hard working midfielder but thats going to take time on and off the pitch, so selling him will be the way to go for me..

A side note, i really thing its a disgrace to use his injury as in excuse for being awfull, i've seen dozens of payers with worse injurys come back and play really well..

To think he started, and scored a lovley finish when Manchester trashed Roma 7-1 :(

Awfull footballer who should've never been signed in the first place, we can improve him and turn him into a Scott Parker hard tackling hard working midfielder but thats going to take time on and off the pitch, so selling him will be the way to go for me..

A side note, i really thing its a disgrace to use his injury as in excuse for being awfull, i've seen dozens of payers with worse injurys come back and play really well..

Exactly, can't polish a turd.

This is the thread where I get called a WUM, a fucking American and all that. I know it. But bear with me.

Alan Smith is going to score five goals in all comps next year.

His determination and single minded drive will see him emerge as a fan favorite.

With new signings, and a defined role (most likely squad striker, he's never a midfielder) He will prove a vital off the bench asset.

This is the thread where I get called a WUM, a f***ing American and all that. I know it. But bear with me.

His determination and single minded drive will see him emerge as a fan favorite.

With new signings, and a defined role (most likely squad striker, he's never a midfielder) He will prove a vital off the bench asset.

Fucking american WUM..

Guest Phil K

This is the thread where I get called a WUM, a f***ing American and all that. I know it. But bear with me.

God, I'd love you to be proved right.

He can do this, but seriously doubt he will

No denying he puts a shift in though.

But he reminds me of that character in the Beano - "Jonah"

Fucking american WUM..

:lol: It's good that it got out of the way early.

God, I'd love you to be proved right.

He can do this, but seriously doubt he will

No denying he puts a shift in though.

But he reminds me of that character in the Beano - "Jonah"

I really do think a defined role would be his path to success. It was easy to be a midfielder/striker at Man U, but not so easy here where we actually needed him to do things. Keegan sits him down and says "Alan, you're fifth choice. You'll never play before the 70th minute unless someone is shot, lad." and you'll see his game explode.

Fucking american WUM..

and all that.