Smith II - The nightmare continues.

thewellander

He's not as bad as some people say, but there again he'd have to be quadraplegic to be as bad as some people say.

He put in a few decent stints as a target man, and he is actually quite a good passer of the ball. Since his injury though, there's a real problem with his pace. He was never quick to start off with, and now he gets beaten to the ball quite regularly. Once in possession, he can use the ball quite well though.

If the team as a whole improves, I think we'll see some better performances from Smith. I'd keep him for another season.

I'd just like to remind everybody that we're now officially referring to him as "Alan fucking Smith."

Don't see why we can't afford to let him go unless we sign another striker. I'd honestly rather have Shola.

I'd just like to remind everybody that we're now officially referring to him as "Alan fucking Smith."

Don't see why we can't afford to let him go unless we sign another striker. I'd honestly rather have Shola.

I can't believe I forgot that.

I would rather have Shola. At least when he gives fouls away its normally in the opposition area and not on the edge of our box.

:lol: true that.. remember when he played in Keegan's first game vs Bolton?

he hit the same guy (Michalik?) with his elbow on four occasions for twenty minutes

If we had to keep him, I'd put him in a special personal training program to undo the damage inflicted by his time at Man Utd.  As a midfielder, he is worse than useless.  But I remember thinking he was a useful striker during his time at Leeds.  He needs to rediscover those instincts and forget the idea that he can play as some sort of half-defensive midfield, half-forward whose primary contribution is conceding dangerous free kicks. 

I'd also ban him from using the hair bleach.  He's a 27 year old with the hair cut of a 16 year old. 

In a threadbare squad with a longer bench he'll be retained because he can supposedly cover two positions. He can hardly do any worse at goal-scoring than last season. And who'd buy him, anyway?

I´m sold! Let´s keep him and play him every match we can!

Guest Jungle Barry

He was definitely a decent player when he was at leeds, scored a great goal for them at the gallowgate end in a 2-0 win (Viduka got the other IIRC)

God knows what Allardyce was thinking though, i'd rather have kept Dyer and I hate that little c***t

In a threadbare squad with a longer bench he'll be retained because he can supposedly cover two positions. He can hardly do any worse at goal-scoring than last season. And who'd buy him, anyway?

You completely misunderstood my post. Well done!

You completely misunderstood my post. Well done!

What was your point?

As an absolute desperate attempt to help him as a player we need to send him to a sporting science clinic and watch men in white coats roll him around in a giant football.

Would be nice...

Paying him off the remainder of his contract just so we could get him to f*** off would be "nice."

A deal like that would merit dancing in the streets, a public holiday, and an open car parade.

Guest VegasToon

I thought he played well as a DM against the Scum.  I hope he does better.  I thought he was a good signing at the time, hopefully he can prove to us  that he isn't a fucking twit.

Guest Phil K

I'd just like to remind everybody that we're now officially referring to him as "Alan f***ing Smith."

Good - I thought I was the only one.

I agree - at least Shola DOES score from time to time.