Hartlepool 1 - 4 Newcastle United - 19/07/08 - Post match reaction from page 12

Dave

Guest Owen 4 Ever

52min - NEWCASTLE GOAL (1-2): Danny Guthrie spots the forward run of DAMIEN DUFF and finds the winger with a measured throughball, he has two Pools defenders in close attendance but steadies himslef before slotting right-footed past Lee-Barrett for his second of the afternoon.

:coolsmiley:

Guest scottfx

53min - NEWCASTLE GOAL (1-3): DANNY GUTHRIE adds to assist with a debut goal of his own as he sees a low drive from outside the area take a slight deflection before curling beyond the despairing dive of Lee-Barret and into the bottom corner.

56min - Shola should make it four when he does everything right to work an opening for a shot after a clever dummy inside the area, Lee-Barrett is grounded and the striker has the whole goal to aim at but gets his feet in a tangle and miscues at the crucial moment - the miss prompts chants of "If Shola scores we're on the pitch" from the Toon Army behind the goal.

:lol:

Shola should make it four when he does everything right to work an opening for a shot after a clever dummy inside the area, Lee-Barrett is grounded and the striker has the whole goal to aim at but gets his feet in a tangle and miscues at the crucial moment - the miss prompts chants of "If Shola scores we're on the pitch" from the Toon Army behind the goal.

Same old Shola :pow:... ;D

I really can't wait til Doncaster now!

I'm impressed with what I've heard from Guthrie, not going to jump the gun quite yet though as Geremi was a beast in pre-season. A few have scoffed at the idea, but I wouldn't put it past Keegan to get the best out of players like Duff, Milner, Guthrie et al.