Hartlepool 1 - 4 Newcastle United - 19/07/08 - Post match reaction from page 12

Dave

What the haters forget about Duff is the injury he has come back from.

His foot injury was three times worse than a broken foot, and it takes players with a broken metertarsal months to find form.

For me, Duff's problems have all been mental and physical, not technical, and if a preseason under KK can sort this out, we could yet have a very good player in our hands.

It's a fair point, but he was crap before the foot injury aswell...

Nope, he was playing intermitently alongside a forward line that didn't suit his assets.

His foot injury was three times worse than a broken foot, and it takes players with a broken metertarsal months to find form.

For me, Duff's problems have all been mental and physical, not technical, and if a preseason under KK can sort this out, we could yet have a very good player in our hands.

Sorry, but that's such a silly statement. You could apply the same to Viana, Luque, Bassedas, Kluivert, Marcelino, etc, etc.

Difference being that Duff has done it before in the Premier League. We know what player can be found if Keegan can find his way around some of the issues that have blighted Duff's form over the years.

Technique is a combination of mentality and physicality though.

If that was true, James Milner is the best player the world has ever seen.

having a good mentality means not going to pieces in front of goal in proper matches though. Milner is wank when he gets anywhere near the penalty area.

Nope, he was playing intermitently alongside a forward line that didn't suit his assets.

He was playing on the wing and playing shit.

Eh? He's pretty weak in both areas imo.

Guest Brendan_Rice

He was playing on the wing and playing s***.

I think when Duff came here his confidence was dented after seeing Roben take his Chelsea place and him spending a lot of time on the bench.  He then had a really bad injury which would have set him back. Keegan is a great man manager and gives plares condifence, anyone remember Keith Gillespie?

I can't see this season being any worse than last season, would love to get a couple more players in.

Despite his hat trick he is a poor player now.  Hartlepool are hardly world beaters.  He has lost his legs, his best attribute.  Can't beat his man, and his delivery is hardly great either.  I would still get rid if have the chance.

He was playing on the wing and playing s***.

I think when Duff came here his confidence was dented after seeing Roben take his Chelsea place and him spending a lot of time on the bench.  He then had a really bad injury which would have set him back. Keegan is a great man manager and gives plares condifence, anyone remember Keith Gillespie?

I can't see this season being any worse than last season, would love to get a couple more players in.

He was still crap, though. And i mean, he was coming out last season saying he loves it at Newcastle, wants to finish his career here and is in the best shape of his career, and all that jargon - yet he was still shite.

Despite his hat trick he is a poor player now.  Hartlepool are hardly world beaters.  He has lost his legs, his best attribute.  Can't beat his man, and his delivery is hardly great either.  I would still get rid if have the chance.

Why can't you just use your own account man Wul?  :rolleyes:

Guest VegasToon

Mate who is a pools fan phoned us saying Guthrie changed the game when he came on and was the best player on the pitch.

That is good to hear.

Guest Phil K

Mate who is a pools fan phoned us saying Guthrie changed the game when he came on and was the best player on the pitch.

That's encouraging news. Even if it was "only Hartlepool"