Hartlepool 1 - 4 Newcastle United - 19/07/08 - Post match reaction from page 12

Dave

Seems too be a good game, espacially from Duff.

Honest. I haven´t count Duff out yet. He may not be a starter. But I still think he can do a good job for us.

I would have rated Duff as the best left sided player in the world at one point.  A player of that quality never looses their spark.  I think he has been unlucky with injuries and it is a fool who writes him off.

:doh:

Duff's fucking shit man.

I would have rated Duff as the best left sided player in the world at one point.  A player of that quality never looses their spark.  I think he has been unlucky with injuries and it is a fool who writes him off.

Smith on the other hand is total sh!te.

Couldn't get a goal here either :D

Guest Brendan_Rice

Notice the present tense.  I think Smith just doesn't fit our team the same way he didn't fit Uniteds. I honestly do not know his best position although I suspect it is sitting in the hole and linkin gup midfield and the forwards, but Owen has that in the bag.

I hope Smith turns it round just can't see it.

Smith wasn't that bad for Leeds.

Guest Heneage

89 mins- A man answering to the name Wullie is seen to be stood on top of the roof of the stand, threatening to jump unless Duffs goals are given as OG's.

It's funny... if you turn it on it's head and we'd lost, you wouldn't be allowed to slate the team cos it's the first game of pre-season (and rightly so, it'd be very knee-jerk). But if it's the other way round, and Duff's scored a hat-trick, all of a sudden he's a new player and we were wrong for writing him off?

:undecided:

Very good result today and good on him for getting a hat-trick against Hartlepool, but i'll still be pleased if he goes in the summer.

Duff's f***ing s*** man.

bit harsh, considering nobody was saying Shearer was shite when he came back from injury in 1998 and wasn't the same player for a good 18 months

Notice the present tense.  I think Smith just doesn't fit our team the same way he didn't fit Uniteds. I honestly do not know his best position although I suspect it is sitting in the hole and linkin gup midfield and the forwards, but Owen has that in the bag.

I hope Smith turns it round just can't see it.

Smith wasn't that bad for Leeds.

I was just saying.

Duff's f***ing s*** man.

bit harsh, considering nobody was saying Shearer was shite when he came back from injury in 1998 and wasn't the same player for a good 18 months

Sorry, Duff hasn't been fucking shit for the last two and a bit seasons then.

Daft comparison imo. They play two totally different roles for one thing.