Hartlepool 1 - 4 Newcastle United - 19/07/08 - Post match reaction from page 12

Dave

56min - Shola should make it four when he does everything right to work an opening for a shot after a clever dummy inside the area, Lee-Barrett is grounded and the striker has the whole goal to aim at but gets his feet in a tangle and miscues at the crucial moment - the miss prompts chants of "If Shola scores we're on the pitch" from the Toon Army behind the goal.

:lol:

hahahaha

A few have scoffed at the idea, but I wouldn't put it past Keegan to get the best out of players like Duff, Milner, Guthrie et al.

I notice you didn't mention Smith or is he covered by the etc?

Fatwax is French man. As he was saying, Duff, Milner, Guthrie et Al.

A few have scoffed at the idea, but I wouldn't put it past Keegan to get the best out of players like Duff, Milner, Guthrie et al.

Hmmm, I really don't know. In my minds eye I can always see the likes of Duff maybe coming good and adapting based on the fact that at one time he was a class act, but I've never really liked Smith or been overly impressed with him. I'd love it if he became a reliable supersub or just a 8-10 goals a season striker for us because then he'd serve a purpose but as of now I'm really not sure.

Not bad :lol:

:laugh:

Hmmm, I really don't know. In my minds eye I can always see the likes of Duff maybe coming good and adapting based on the fact that at one time he was a class act, but I've never really liked Smith or been overly impressed with him. I'd love it if he became a reliable supersub or just a 8-10 goals a season striker for us because then he'd serve a purpose but as of now I'm really not sure.

I was just kidding. I hold no hope for Smith.

Guest Toon Lad

71st min- Callum Morris is the next man to enter the fray for the Magpies with Claudio Cacapa making way.

I was just kidding. I hold no hope for Smith.

That's the difference between Duff & Smith. Duff was at one time a f*cking quality player. There's always a chance, slim as it is, that he can rediscover that. Even when Smith was supposedly at the top of his game he wasn't much to shout about.

Guest Brendan_Rice

I would have rated Duff as the best left sided player in the world at one point.  A player of that quality never looses their spark.  I think he has been unlucky with injuries and it is a fool who writes him off.

Smith on the other hand is total sh!te.