Currently you are feeling...

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Starting to lean from cautious towards concerned. Last season we were saved from relegation when Keegan bit the bullet and dropped Smith and Duff, and Milner was injured. KK said he didn't want to put out another team without goals in it, but that is what we are doing right now. Duff is playing Owen's role (I think) but despite scoring for fun in pre-season he will go back into his shell the longer the season goes on. Milner doesn't score goals, and Jonas hasn't got many prior to coming here. Either we address this in the transfer market or we live in hope Viduka and Owen will stay fit. That doesn't fill me with confidence it has to be said.

Starting to lean from cautious towards concerned. Last season we were saved from relegation when Keegan bit the bullet and dropped Smith and Duff, and Milner was injured. KK said he didn't want to put out another team without goals in it, but that is what we are doing right now. Duff is playing Owen's role (I think) but despite scoring for fun in pre-season he will go back into his shell the longer the season goes on. Milner doesn't score goals, and Jonas hasn't got many prior to coming here. Either we address this in the transfer market or we live in hope Viduka and Owen will stay fit. That doesn't fill me with confidence it has to be said.

you astutely ignore the possibilty of how devastating a martins injury would be!

ST & CM to come in before the window closes & a LB...they won't all cost a lot though i'd reckon

jesus i've changed my tune

Christ,  I bet if we beat Bolton by a decent margin that will surely change.  Just do what I do and try to maintain a level of calm throughout the season, although this was broken when I thought there was a real possibility of us going down.  we'll be alright man.

:idiot2:

Christ,  I bet if we beat Bolton by a decent margin that will surely change.  Just do what I do and try to maintain a level of calm throughout the season, although this was broken when I thought there was a real possibility of us going down.  we'll be alright man.

I'll be happy if we beat Bolton, never mind by a decent margin. We need to win games like this to have a decent season and we need re-inforcements up front in the next week for that to happen. Can't say I'm thrilled we are going into this game with only Martins up front, but if it gets addressed in the transfer market by next week I can live with it.

I'll be happy if we beat Bolton, never mind by a decent margin. We need to win games like this to have a decent season and we need re-inforcements up front in the next week for that to happen. Can't say I'm thrilled we are going into this game with only Martins up front, but if it gets addressed in the transfer market by next week I can live with it.

I quite like the system we used against Man U,  I'd rather play 2 up top at home but I'd like to see that away from home especially against the better sides.

Currently, I'm feeling like exploring the plausibility of cryogenic stasis in time for next summer.

what crawled up your arse and died the day mate?  what do you want to see people discussing at this time of year on a football website, out of interest....

I quite like the system we used against Man U,  I'd rather play 2 up top at home but I'd like to see that away from home especially against the better sides.

I like the system as well, I just think we need players in attacking positions who can also get goals. I know Martins can, I don't think Duff or Milner will based on watching them last season. Maybe Spiderman or Guthrie will surprise us.

Guest icemanblue

Currently, I'm feeling like exploring the plausibility of cryogenic stasis in time for next summer.

what crawled up your arse and died the day mate?  what do you want to see people discussing at this time of year on a football website, out of interest....

I've got nowt against people discussing this, hence my comment not being directed at anyone in particular.  However, I've just had my fill of people picking players out of thin air and arguing back and forth their role in the team, where they'd live, what boots they'd wear and where they'd get their hair cut. 

If anything, I'm annoyed at myself for continually reading this shite, but can't avoid it on the off chance that something of note actually comes up!

I've got nowt against people discussing this, hence my comment not being directed at anyone in particular.  However, I've just had my fill of people picking players out of thin air and arguing back and forth their role in the team, where they'd live, what boots they'd wear and where they'd get their hair cut. 

If anything, I'm annoyed at myself for continually reading this s****, but can't avoid it on the off chance that something of note actually comes up!

Just check NUFC.co.uk once each day then.

If anything, I'm annoyed at myself for continually reading this shite, but can't avoid it on the off chance that something of note actually comes up!

If anything, I'm annoyed at myself for continually reading this s****, but can't avoid it on the off chance that something of note actually comes up!

Just check NUFC.co.uk once each day then.

Personally I get fed up of moaners who don't have anything to contribute butting in for no reason.

I reckon that Milner will get a few league goals for us this season and Guthrie will get a few assists. If someone has the ability to improve a players attacking instinct, it's Keegan.

Still not sure about Duff, he is looking loads fitter than since he first arrived and I wouldn't say he had a bad game at Old Trafford - was hardly prolific either. Interested to see how he plays tomorrow.

anxious about how little time we have to bring in another 4 players.

pleased that we've gotten rid of an average player for excellent money (even though there's a few i'd like to see sold before him).

dubious about ashley who, since we've sold Faye and Milner, is back to having spent nowt/very little since he arrived at the club.

anxious about how little time we have to bring in another 4 players.

pleased that we've gotten rid of an average player for excellent money (even though there's a few i'd like to see sold before him).

dubious about ashley who, since we've sold Faye and Milner, is back to having spent nowt/very little since he arrived at the club.

I don't think I'm too far from the frame of mind tbh Johnny. What the hell is our bench going to be like tomorrow ?