Currently you are feeling...

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

spot on.  Had a fair few pints, bit craic on with the lads and am talking to this lass I was a bit on-offy with again.

Ahh hang on, this is football, not general chat.  Actually, nah I'm totally fucked off we didn't win a pre-season friendly.  I'm hoping the tree I can see outside will suspend 11 1/2 stone tomorrow 'cos I'm gonna go and hang meself.

Very encouraged byt he fact that every new player that has been brought in so far, look s like they have something about them.

Very discouraged by the lack of improvement or progress being made by other members of the team who seem to be stuck in the same place of delivering average to poor performances.

I'd drop my vote one level to 'content' now like. Happy with the business done so far, but not as confident as I was when I made the poll.

Yeah, I'm happy with the four we've got in. Not so much with who we've yet to ship out mind, and as good as the aforementioned four are (presuming we get Coloccini) we need more than just them.

Not too worried by the pre-season because as said before we've got the majority out. I am concerned at how many players have missed pre-season though and that will probably reflect in our opening games, players who aren't match fit and the team that haven't played together before.

I'd drop my vote one level to 'content' now like. Happy with the business done so far, but not as confident as I was when I made the poll.

Yeah agree with this. I think this is natural though given the results and performances from the second-raters.

If Owen, Martins, Jonas, Barton, Beye, Faye, etc had played all the games this pre-season, then we might have found ourselves going into the season blinded by unwarranted faith and complacency.

In some twisted way, dodgy results and unconvincing performances - thus resulting in a cautious approach - could be a more healthy way of going into a new season? :undecided:

I still have faith in the recruitment team to get the right players in, too.

Still at Content.

Don't think it'd take much to improve our team. A replacement for Viduka and a creative CM and we'd be pretty much sorted. I'll be content if we get one of those two, tbh.

Still at Content.

Don't think it'd take much to improve our team. A replacement for Viduka and a creative CM and we'd be pretty much sorted. I'll be content if we get one of those two, tbh.

Our first eleven would be sorted, perhaps. My biggest worry aside from the lack of creativity is the lack of depth. We haven't got enough players and too many of the 2nd choice lot just aren't good enough.

Very encouraged byt he fact that every new player that has been brought in so far, look s like they have something about them.

Very discouraged by the lack of improvement or progress being made by other members of the team who seem to be stuck in the same place of delivering average to poor performances.

Agree must say impressed with Bassong - looked very cool in a poor team

Not too worried by the pre-season because as said before we've got the majority out. I am concerned at how many players have missed pre-season though and that will probably reflect in our opening games, players who aren't match fit and the team that haven't played together before.

Agree - this is my only major worry atm. I'm not greatly concerned on the whole but i'm a bit uneasy about this. Yeah, pre-season is about building fitness and team chemistry - but the players who haven't gained from this so far are the ones we need to do so the most.

Agree - this is my only major worry atm. I'm not greatly concerned on the whole but i'm a bit uneasy about this. Yeah, pre-season is about building fitness and team chemistry - but the players who haven't gained from this so far are the ones we need to do so the most.

Good point, and probably my biggest concern too.

this!!

Greatly concerned - the performances so far have been inept both as a team and individually.  Additionally, some of the players we have out won't play a full season anyway so we will have to rely on some of these knackers at various points in the season and they are clearly not good enough.

We haven't bought nearly enough players and have a painfully thin squad that will get exposed quickly given the injury record of some of our first team players and the ineptness of others.

Guest mobiius

still far more confident than i was under BSA i am really optimistic about the new season. over the moon with bassong,spidey and gutherie. i have taken no notice what so ever of the usual media orchestrated bollocks about takeovers. this i believe is for a few reasons. they are trying to unsettle the players/keegan.they want to take the focus of the fact that we are signing a world class defender(we can't attract anyone of note).basically they hate the toon.how can we be disheartened pre-season when all we have basically seen is a reserve team.I am really looking forward to the manure game,yes their will be people that think i am mad but look at it this way its better to get those games out of the way,everyone is expecting a rout, so rather than go when manure are in full flow,why not get it out of the way like Reading did last season,they got a 0-0( no doubt someone will remind me that manure done Fulham 5-0 the 1st  game of the season before that).here is a novel idea why not back the team,the manager and the board 100% until january and see how we are doing. Rather than winge, moan and bitch every time some thug of a born again journo decides to print a load of shite.

• 2 weeks later...

Back up to confident. :)

I'm excited about Coloccini from what I've read about him, Jonas looks like a good player, and I think sorting those two out will help us a lot in terms of attracting new players and keeping Owen.

I think we'll get in one more definite first-teamer before the window closes (a central midfielder), and possibly two more for cover/competition (left-back and a young striker).

Also continue to believe we'll surprise a few people this season, even our own fans.

Back up to confident. :)

I'm excited about Coloccini from what I've read about him, Jonas looks like a good player, and I think sorting those two out will help us a lot in terms of attracting new players and keeping Owen.

I think we'll get in one more definite first-teamer before the window closes (a central midfielder), and possibly two more for cover/competition (left-back and a young striker).

Also continue to believe we'll surprise a few people this season, even our own fans.

me and dave agree